San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congradulations!

Does anyone know how to check what happened after interview passed? Got interview passed on 9/5/07 and still haven't got Oath letter.

My wife passed her interview one week earlier than mine and have finished her oath on 10/24 at Campbell. The officer said she can try to arrange oath ceremony for me with my wife together after my interview passed, however so far I still haven't recieved my oath letter.

Thanks for anybody who can help.

Hello all,
Thanks for all your replies for my previous question. We both have got our Oath letters on Nov 4th for November 28th 10 am appointment.

Thanks,
Anbhu

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
01/23/2007 : Mailed N-400 to CSC (regular USPS)
01/27/2007 : N-400 Received date
02/08/2007 : Priority Date
03/23/2007 : FP Notice Date/Appt
10/02/2007 : Interview Date - Passed
11/28/2007 : Oath appt. ( Received on Nov4th).

I would make an appointment to go to the San Jose office to find out. You can schedule this appointment/Infopass at the USCIS website. They might be able to tell you why you haven't been scheduled for oath.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I went to infopass website and found a "Receipt Number" is required to book an appointment, not sure which number should I use.

Thanks,

I went to infopass website and found a "Receipt Number" is required to book an appointment, not sure which number should I use.Thanks,

Use the application number shown on your receipt notice (or other notice you may have from USCIS). The number often starts with WSC*.

Interviews between Christmas & New Years

I am trying to figure out if it is safe to make travel plans between Christmas and New Years - or is there a chance of interviews being scheduled during that period. Does anyone remember what happened last year?

My interview is scheduled for Dec 19 (PD Apr 4), but my wife with PD Apr 9 has not received her interview letter yet and we would rather not travel if it is likely to be scheduled over the holidays.

Thanks for any feedback.

May I suggest following the navigation page numbers at the top or bottom of the page to go to December 2006 to see what happened last year :) My guess is that they don't schedule interviews and oaths right during the Christmas season. Probably your interview date is one of the last interview dates.

Interviews between Christmas & New Years

Thanks for the suggestion, Huracan.

Looks like in Dec 2006, the last reported interview was on Dec 19. First one in Jan 2007 was on Jan 3. So - about a two week break.

So, the immigration officers get two weeks off for Christmas?
That's nice for them.
BTW, it seems like nobody has received any mid-month IL yet, huh?
Perhaps everything is slowing down for the holidays.

Interview done

My wife and I completed interview as scheduled for today. In short, they gave me a paper saying approved, for my wife they gave the letter saying 'pending'. :confused:

Long story:
We were there 30mins early. My wife was called in 10min early. In 15min she was done. Regular questions of 5-6 in number. Gone through all of the N-400 to validate the details in there. At the end, she mentioned the security check is not complete yet. Some officer is in meeting or something, so the details will be available today or tomorrow. Then they will approve it and mail letter for oath in 2-3 weeks. Never heard of this, looks like we are in for a long haul. Is it a common thing? Was told that, Oath will be in Jan as Dec is completely full.

I was called 30min after appointed time. Same routine. I was given a paper with 10 Q's and asked to read and answer at the same time. Done in 10min max. given letter saying approved. Mentioned to me that my oath will be in Feb!! I then asked about my wife, why was she given 'pending' as the status. Officer said, may be security check is not complete, duh!!. But mentioned to me that, they will try to schedule oath, for both, at the same time.

Anyway, one more hurdle to cross, hopefully in Jan/Feb.

Goodluck.

Got our interview letters today. Same timeline for both of us.

Timeline:
DO office - SJC
04/09/07 - PD date
05/07/07 - FP Notice Date
06/09/07 - FP Appnt Date
11/23/07 - IL recv'd
01/07/08 - Interview scheduled

Got my interview letter today!

I have been reading this forum for a while now and really appreciate the spreadsheet maintained. Thanks !
I m very happy today as I received my IL today :)

Timeline:
DO office - SJC
04/12/07 - PD date
06/13/07 - FP Appnt Date
11/23/07 - IL recv'd
01/11/08 at 7:25am - Interview scheduled

Received Interview Letter

My wife received her interview letter today (11/23). Notice dated 11/19. Interview on 1/8/08. Priority Date of 4/9/07

Great. Congrats to everyone and myself. :)
I got my IL today too.
It will be on 1/11/08.
So far it seems like they don't have any interview appointments between 12/20 and 1/6.
I updated the dates for you guys.

Got IL letter today

Great. Congrats to everyone and myself. :)
I got my IL today too.
It will be on 1/11/08.
So far it seems like they don't have any interview appointments between 12/20 and 1/6.
I updated the dates for you guys.

All, I got my IL letter today and my Interview date is 1/17/2008.
Now we move on to next step after a looong wait

04/17/07: FedExed
04/19/07: Received
04/19/07: Priority Date
04/20/07: Notice Date
05/10/07: FP Notice
06/14/07: FP Appt and Done
11/23/07: Interview Letter
01/17/08: Interview Date
??/??/??: Oath

Congratulations to April applicants for receiving your interview letter and thanks for posting the details. Looks like with the 2 week hiatus for christmas/new year, the interview dates are at a 7mo lag from FP date.

Desifan writes:
Received resceduled interview notice for my wife

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife's interview originally scheduled for Oct 9th. Requested for a date after Jan 1st '08. Interview rescheduled to Jan 4th 2008.

Dear Desifan,

What is the process you did to reschdule the interview. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Mo

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's interview originally scheduled for Oct 9th. Requested for a date after Jan 1st '08. Interview rescheduled to Jan 4th 2008.

Dear Desifan,

What is the process you did to reschdule the interview. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Mo

Interview Letter Received /Question?

We just received the IL letter by mail. I have to go to India on Dec. 5th and come back on Jan 14,08 but they give my IL date Jan 8, now very difficult to get return ticket on last week of Dec or 1st week of Jan, so I need to reschdule interview.
OR
"I need to cancel the trip and attend interview and complete this citizenship process".

What is your opinion about reschduling process and how long probably it will take for next interview date?

Please advise.. Lots of REAL EXPERTS here, I am very confused. :confused:

:confused: HELP ME Please!!!!!

Thanks a lot guys... Happy Days!

04/04/07: Prority Mail
04/09/07: Received
04/09/07: Priority Date
05/07/07: Notice Date
05/07/07: FP Notice
06/09/07: FP Appt and Done
11/23/07: Interview Letter
01/01/08: IL appointment
??/??/??: Oath

COOOL!!!!! Congratulations Guys,

Finally after a long silence we got the most awaited interview letters for April applicants.