San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I did a walk-in, but on hindsight It didn't do any difference. San Jose interview processing time is driven mostly by the ability for them to perform the interview. Finger print results arrive well before San Jose is ready to schedule your interview. I would think that Priority Date ends up driving the order for interviews (unless name check causes delay). Anyway, the day I went the place was completely empty, so I guess they were actually happy to have a customer ;)

I predict that the current oath letter season should start today and should continue through next week. I'm kind of joking, but I think this is the period when we should see some oath letter activity.

My 2 cents.

Hello,
My PD is 05/29/07 and we got our fingerprinting notice last saturday.We have the appointment on Aug 14th.My question is Can we do a walk in fingerprinting without a valid reason?What day and time is best to try?Me and my husband have the appointment on the same day,same time,so can we take our 3 year old son along?
Iam sure there are a lot of people here who have gone through this phase.Please advise me on this.

Thank you,
Deepa

See page 133 and few more pages after that for other ppl's experience doing walk-in FP in San Jose.

Oath letter

My wife called me saying that I had a letter from the INS. I assume that it is my invitation for the August 22nd ceremony.

Wow! I'll have to promote myself as a psychic ;) Congratulations sammySam and rogercadoret. I still haven't checked my mail. I'll try not to become overly anxious if I didn't get the letter today :)

Yes, you can take your son with you. No issues there at all.
We had ours. THere was another family with 3 of theirs.

Hello,
My PD is 05/29/07 and we got our fingerprinting notice last saturday.We have the appointment on Aug 14th.My question is Can we do a walk in fingerprinting without a valid reason?What day and time is best to try?Me and my husband have the appointment on the same day,same time,so can we take our 3 year old son along?
Iam sure there are a lot of people here who have gone through this phase.Please advise me on this.

Thank you,
Deepa

Interview lasted less than 10min

Interview done and passed.

I was there 30min early and I was called 5min after my apointment time and
don't think I was asked more than 6 questions and all from the track 02(96 qn).:)

Also got the first speeding ticket in couple of hours after interview :mad:

Will update the signature when we get new updates.

Congratulations on your interview passed :) , sorry for the ticket :( . I guess the excitement of passing the interview made you put the pedal to the metal, as they say, or perhaps you wanted to put distance between you and the USCIS office as quick as you could.

Received oath letter today like everyone else today...Huuuh Finally.

Thanks to everyone for posting their status. Thanks RogerCordet, SammySam, Huracan, SiliconHybrid....

Received oath letter today (Form N-445) for me and my wife for the ceremony on August 22 at Campbell

Letters were mailed from Laguna Niguel. Both me and my wife have had identical timeline. The date printed on the letter is July 23d, and the post stamp is July 24.

I'm glad to see so many people posting, it is unusual in this thread to hear so many good news in one day. Congratulations to everyone. Omorpheus, I hope your interview went well. It was my intention to wish you good luck ahead of your interview.

Guys...

Another question for those who passed or those of who have knowledge about question # 4 of N-445.

Have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisioned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, including traffic violations?

What should we answer for this question since I was cited for traffic violations?

Wanted to know what I should to respond to this question.

Thanks again guys.

Omorpheus: how was your interview? If i remember it was for today...right?

Sorry for the late response. Actually, my son was born earlier this week and has jaundice, so a lot of trips to hospital made me reply late.

The Interview was a cool process. I reached there 5 min before the gates opened. I reached the room 219 around 15 min before my time. Was called within 5 min (which was 10 min early). I was the first person to be called as I was third in the line outside the office when the gates opened.

The officer asked me to raise the right hand and say everything I say will be truth and nothing else. After that he started by asking "why do you want to become citizen?" I answered that and then he started asking how I came to US and started going through my application. I told the IO that I want to add my son's information and he said you tell me and I will write it rather than taking the printout I had taken. he then asked me to write the sentence "She reads the newspaper daily" on the bottom of form. Asked questions about form, asked me to sign my name on pictures. After that, he started asking questions from 96 questions. He asked 6 questions and 6th was confusing one -- "What date do we celebrate on 4th July". I heard what day, so said Independence day, then he said that What date? I said 4th July, 1776 and then he repeated the question again. Then I said 4th July and he said smiling that you got it right as it was a tricky question :).

He then gave me letter saying I passed the interview and will get oath letter soon. I asked him if I can make to 22nd Aug Oath date. He said quite likely as we are still processing Aug 22nd oath date. So, hope I get that date .... I am being optimistic.

I was out of interview in 10 min (right on the scheduled time of my interview).

Good luck to everyone for interviews and congrats to people getting oath letter.

Hi Omorpheus,

Double Congratulations, on your son and your interview!! I hope you get your oath for the 22nd.

I thought jaundice could be treated just by exposing the babies to sunlight, of which we have plenty now in the bay area. Anyway, I did a quick search on the American Academy of Pediatrics and they seem not to recommend the sunlight method (although it is effective).

Q: How is harmful jaundice prevented?>

A: Most jaundice requires no treatment. When treatment is necessary, placing your baby under special lights while he or she is undressed will lower the bilirubin level. Depending on your baby’s bilirubin level, this can be done in the hospital or at home. Jaundice is treated at levels that are much lower than those at which brain damage is a concern. Treatment can prevent the harmful effects of jaundice.

Putting your baby in sunlight is not recommended as a safe way of treating jaundice. Exposing your baby to sunlight might help lower the bilirubin level, but this will only work if the baby is completely undressed. This cannot be done safely inside your home because your baby will get cold, and newborns should never be put in direct sunlight outside because they might get sunburned.

I didn't get the confusion around independence day, anyway, I'm glad at the end the interviewer was happy with the answer.

Thanks to everyone who has congratulated me today on receiving the oath letter.

Guys...

Another question for those who passed or those of who have knowledge about question # 4 of N-445.

Have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisioned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, including traffic violations?

What should we answer for this question since I was cited for traffic violations?

Wanted to know what I should to respond to this question.

Thanks again guys.

I would suggest you to take all documentation you have on the traffic violation and its resolution. Don't fill that part until you get to the ceremony and let them know what has happened and that you're not too sure how to fill out that part. That would be what I'd do, but I am not basing my opinion in any previous experience in this forum.

Good luck.