San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Team,
I sold my house and moving to an apartment next weekend (5/26) and our interview is scheduled on 7/5. Should I send change of address notice beforehand or just inform the interview officer on the day of the interview? I am just moving to an apartment that is 5 miles away, so DO still remains San Jose.

Also, we are planning to move to India right after the citizenship, and hence the residence shift. I am sure he/she is going to nail us on that - any suggestions to deal with that?

Thanks in advance

Team,
I sold my house and moving to an apartment next weekend (5/26) and our interview is scheduled on 7/5. Should I send change of address notice beforehand or just inform the interview officer on the day of the interview? I am just moving to an apartment that is 5 miles away, so DO still remains San Jose.

File an AR-11 right now. Then also call the national helpdesk and get the address changed in your N-400 application. And lastly, also bring it up during the interview.

Also, we are planning to move to India right after the citizenship, and hence the residence shift. I am sure he/she is going to nail us on that - any suggestions to deal with that?

Don't even bring up the topic of moving to another country right after acquiring citizenship. It will almost guarantee denial.

I don't see why the IO should nail you on the selling of your house. You could have sold it because you were afraid of the real estate market tanking and wanted to cash out ;)

I don't see why the IO should nail you on the selling of your house. You could have sold it because you were afraid of the real estate market tanking and wanted to cash out ;)

Precisely.

There could be 100 reasons for selling a house and the applicant does not have to justify it. However, the applicant should certainly not say that he/she plans on moving to another country immediately after acquiring US citizenship.

Interview Letter received

Hello,

Let me open the first salvo for this new batch of Interview Letters. I have received mine today. Interview is scheduled for July 17. :D

For those keeping score of this kind of things, my case status online has changed to Case Status Retrieval Failed.

I hope they make a good move forward on the dates this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James400,

Have you received any update from CSC? I sent my application on 5/14 and got confirmation from the USPS tracking that the application was received on 5/15. But the check does not seem to be cashed.

Hi,

I mailed my N400 application on the 1st May and the CSC received it on the 2nd of May (as per the USPS delivery confirmation email). CSC has not encashed my check yet. As per the user "siliconhybrid" his/her timeline is exactly the same as mine but his check was encashed on the 10th and I am still waiting. I hope they wouldn't return my application after a couple of months saying that something is missing in my app. Are there other applicants in the same situation?

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose

05/01/2007 : Mailed N-400 to CSC (to P.O BOX 1040)
05/02/2007 : N-400 received per Post Office tracking.
??/??/???? : Check Cashed per Bank Statement
??/??/???? : Priority Date
??/??/???? : Notice Date
??/??/???? : FP Notice Date
??/??/???? : FP Appointment
??/??/???? : Interview Date
??/??/???? : Oath

Congratulations!

Hey Huracan,
Congratulations!! I knew yours should be coming soon!!

Hello,

Let me open the first salvo for this new batch of Interview Letters. I have received mine today. Interview is scheduled for July 17. :D

For those keeping score of this kind of things, my case status online has changed to Case Status Retrieval Failed.

Congratulations!!

Congratulations, I know you have been waiting patiently, I initially was tracking your case since both of us applied at the same time but did not realize at that time, how much difference the DO makes, mine is LA.

Hello,

Hello,

Congratulations Huracan. That is a wonderful news ... One hurdle over for you.

I can now expect a letter by this month end or so :)

Got my Interview letter today(5/21), the interview is scheduled for July 10 2007.
The online status DID NOT CHANGE.

Also, processing times have been updated.

San Jose DO from July 31 to Aug 22 (last time it was from July 12 to July 31)
SFO and other DOs from Sep 12 to Oct 12.

Hope SJ DO sees some good update next month due to lots of interviews being scheduled next month ... Apr was indeed a slow month.

Question on timeline to Oath Ceremony

THanks for the info Bestuck.

I have my interview scheduled for early June.
* Did the IO in your case provided you a choice for the Oath Ceremony date?
* Did you make a request for the Oath date?
* I was told that some IO's do not share any info on the Oath dates and just tell the applicant to wait for the letter. Is this true?

Thanks

I passed the interview today!!
Here are some tips to others who have not yet gone for interview:
1. If your name has changed after marriage, carry a copy of your marraige certificate.
2. Make sure you have listed all your travels outside US. The officer will have a list with him and will verify what you have put in the form against that.
3. Know all 96 questions really well.
4. Make sure you have read the form a lot of times and understand what has been written in it.
5. carry an extra copy of the form with all the changes that have happened since you submitted the application. e.g. change of job, change of telephone number, additional travel outside US,etc
6. Stay cool and relax.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Way to go Huracan, :) your N-400 process is one step closer and lot of uncertainities are moving out of the way. I am sure you are more than ready for the interview and on top of the things, get ready for the big day and keep us in the loop.

Hey,

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Koolvik, you're giving me more credit than I deserver. I have not prepared anything yet for the interview. I still have almost a couple of months to prepare ;) I have read the questions before and try to keep up to date by reading this thread, so on that level I think I am prepared.

Omorpheus, I am sure you'll get the letter soon, possibly and hopefully in this batch.

I think mant0478 knows now the power of being under the right local office. My goodnes, to think that I'll get the interview over eight monts after priority date. Well, San Jose has always been a busy office :(

Thanks sammysam. It's good that the timing has been perfect and I didn't have to worry about scheduling an Infopass. My plan was to hold on tight unless I saw the Interview letter range moving considerably past my priority date. Thanks anyway for everyone who have taken infopasses and have helped figure out approximate interview dates and priority date progress before the interview letters were even mailed.

Good luck to everyone at everyone's stage of the journey, from check encashing to Passport and beyond.

Hello,

Congratulations!! Almost on to the last stage :).

I received the interview letter today. Long wait!! I have to re-schedule for my spouse due to out of country during that time. does any one know how much time it take if I re-schedule

N-400 timeline
DO : San Jose
12/01/2006 : Mailed to CSC
12/05/2007 : Priority date
01/09/2007 : FP Appointment and FP
07/17/2007 : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

I received the interview letter today. Long wait!! I have to re-schedule for my spouse due to out of country during that time. does any one know how much time it take if I re-schedule

One of my friends had to reschedule the interview at San Jose DO due to child birth and got a rescheduled appointment within a month of the original interview date. This was in October of last year.

Interview Letters after name check clearance

:) Team... I had posted update from my INFOPASS 1 appts (First week of May). when IO informed me that name check is pending for me & my wife.

3 weeks down the line .. Now we have got Interview Letters ..:)

PD : 11/30/06
FP: 12/27/06
Interview Letter : 05/22
Interview : 07/16

Team... SJ DO is moving now.. Wish all luck for getting INterview letter at the earliest

Cheers

To all experience folks....

My interview is scheduled for next month. Do I have to get Selective Service" Registration" waiver since I got my green card much later thank 26 years.

Please advise if anyone had experience or has knowledge of what needs to be done. If I have to get a waiver what is the process.

Certainly appreciate everyones help.

Thanks
Raj4jazz