San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

i don't think so. so far latest PD i've seen on the alias is mine, 3/26 and I haven't received anything. there's a few folks ahead of me with 3/5, 3/7, 3/8, 3/15 PD's and they're still waiting. So sit tight :) Could you please notify the alias once you receive your FP letter too so we can all track how things are moving?

what is your receipt notice date?

cheers, billybash.

to abetterday

Actually, I've known someone that get sameday passport. So, call and make appointment with the SF passport agency for that day, hopefully they still have afternoon slot for you. Then after you get the natz. cert. go straight there with enough money, passport app. You will be ok.

Folks any updates this week? This is the week to recieve more interview letters.... :)
I dont have mine yet; else I'd be jumping with joy!

PD Nov 3rd week 2006
FP Dec 4th week 2006
...nothing after that...only darkness. no light in the tunnel yet.

Waiting 4 it too

Folks any updates this week? This is the week to recieve more interview letters.... :)
I dont have mine yet; else I'd be jumping with joy!

PD Nov 3rd week 2006
FP Dec 4th week 2006
...nothing after that...only darkness. no light in the tunnel yet.

SammySam,

My PD is 8th Nov....Checked mail today...No interview notice yet. Will let you know once I receive mine. Had info pass appt. with SJ Center. All checks done waiting in the queue for interview scheduling. I am guessing it should soon.

Hi!

I have the same exact dates are you. When you check your status online does it show up as CSC or SJ center?

Thank you

PD: 11/08/2006
ND: 11/14/2006
FP Date: 12/08/2006
FP Done (Walkin): 11/28/2006
Interview Date: ???

Info Pass: 04/16/2007 - Went for infopass this morning. FP and Namecheck done. Application for interview in scheduling queue in San Jose. Officer said he has no info about when it will be scheduled.

Hi! raj:

Hi!

I have the same exact dates are you. When you check your status online does it show up as CSC or SJ center?

Thank you

Hi! raj:

Hi!

Thank you

PD: 11/18/2006
FP: 11/28/2006
Infopass: 04/16/2007 - FBI check and Name Check Completed waiting in scheduling queue for interview. No answer on when.

The online status check says what it said after I submitted. Until now it has not changed, so I don't have faith in that. I am guessing that the turn should be in the next couple of weeks because on immigrationportal there are some folks with FP date close to mine have got interview letter last week.

I may be too optimistic....Will keep you posted once I hear something. Could you provide your details.

Thanks Raj

Changing name at the time of oath

I was wondering if it is still possible to change your name at the time of oath in San Jose DO. I remember reading it sometime back in this thread that it was possible to do it and then there were some messages that you can't do it anymore. Anyone knows what is the current status?

TIA,
sviv

I think San Jose DO is either having lots of issues or they have loads of applications that now even FP is getting delayed and so are ILs.

One of my friend who lives in Pleasanton applied in last week of Dec and she and her husband got their Citizenship (Oath) last week.

Another friend applied in SFO also got his citizenship in 4.5 months (applied in early Dec).

One of my friend who applied in San Diego in Feb last week is scheduled for oath next month ...

What is happening with SJ folks?

Yes, San Jose is having a lot of issues lately. I believe USCIS was going to run out of extra money to deal with backlogs, perhaps they have already run out of money and have had to reduce workforce. Situation now looks pretty depressing compared with other local offices around us, as you're pointing out. I think the delay in FP letters is not a good sign at all. Let's see how much movement we see on the next interview letter batch, whenever that batch occurs.

I was wondering if it is still possible to change your name at the time of oath in San Jose DO. I remember reading it sometime back in this thread that it was possible to do it and then there were some messages that you can't do it anymore. Anyone knows what is the current status?

TIA,
sviv

You are not able to do a name change via the N400 application any longer.

=================================

Q. Why can’t I change my name during the citizenship process?

A. The U.S. Northern California District Court previously presided over the naturalization of new citizens in the San Jose jurisdiction. However, in August 2004, this court decided that they would no longer participate or preside over the naturalization of new citizens of the San Jose USCIS office. Their past involvement also included the authority to change names. USCIS does not have the authority to change names and as a result, name changes cannot be made in our office. Persons interested in changing their name must do so with the State of California prior to or after becoming naturalized.

=================================

Thus, if you want to do a name change in San Jose CA, you will have to go to court and do this either before you file for naturalization or after you're done with the oath.

Here is the URL for the courts:

http://www.scselfservice.org/probate/adult/NamechangeAdults.htm#how

FP done in Sept last year, no IL Yet

You have to clearly understand the fact that you cannot too much of planning because things are not going to be under your control. And for things that are not under your control, you cannot do any plan and instead can just speculate. Having personally gone this relatively short (some may call it longer than usual) process, this is so much easier compared to the green card process provided you don't get over anxious and do not over expect. So, just try to relax and let things come to you as opposed to trying to over analyze timelines.

Well, I can only advice. Rest is on you.

Despite regular infopass appointments I am still waiting for that elusive IL :(
The folks at the San Jose DO only iterate the annoying "still with name check"
message. I tried calling the customer service center but could never get an operator

Anyone has any suggestions on what I need to do?

Finally rcvd FP letter for self and spouse today. Hopefully others on the list should receive soon. On to the next step...
Hi VodkaMartini007,

Congratulations and Thank you so much for the update. It gives some hope for all of us.

My PD is one week after yours and I will update when I receive.

Thank you again
- Chips

Got my FP notice today..is scheduled for May 15...

Hi VodkaMartini007,

Congratulations and Thank you so much for the update. It gives some hope for all of us.

My PD is one week after yours and I will update when I receive.

Thank you again
- Chips

Got my FP notice today..is scheduled for May 15......my time line is similar as vodkamartini