San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

FYI, I just got the FP letter. I believe you will get yours soon if you haven't received it yet.

Do you guys know if we can just walk in for the FP without an appointment?

Thanks & Good Luck.

Hi Blaaaaah,

Good news...
Thank you for the update

I read in this forum people are doing walk-in's and please chck with them..

- Chips

You can always do walk-in but I think it does not matter now as even though I did my FP in Jan and they cleared the prints on the same day, my case was not added to the queue till FBI name check was cleared and they waited more than 1 month after that to put my name in the queue. I think its just the processing delay.

So, it does on matter. Its totally upto you.

I got my interview letter 3 weeks ago. My spouse who applied at same time as me did not get it yet. Also, online case status has not changed so far. See my signature below for details.

PD: 10/25/2006
ND: 10/30/2006
FP Date: 11/24/2006
FP Done (Walkin): 11/15/2006
IL received on: 04/13/2007
Interview Date: 06/07/2007
Oath: ????

Incidentally, at my InfoPass appointment on March 27, the Immigration officer informed me that neither my Name check nor my Background check were done. I recd the interview letter on April 13. I am hoping that the name and the background checks are completed. thanks.

Anyone having priority dates in first two weeks of Nov and if they received the Interview letters?

Hope not many people filed in Nov, so that they can move forward fast.

Nov Applicant Status

PD: 11/08/2006
ND: 11/14/2006
FP Date: 12/08/2006
FP Done (Walkin): 11/28/2006
Interview Date: ???

Info Pass: 04/16/2007 - Went for infopass this morning. FP and Namecheck done. Application for interview in scheduling queue in San Jose. Officer said he has no info about when it will be scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
raj4jazz, good luck with your infopass, keep us posted.

omorpheus, it's hard to say, definitely I remember that when I did my I-485 there was a noticeable slowdown of adjudications that delayed my adjudication for a few months. I don't know if that means that they approved fewer GC total, or that they were approving more of other categories (family, ...). Anyway, it looks like our time for interview letter should be coming up. Let's see how much progress they make on the following batch of interview letters.

People with FPs in december have not started getting ILs yet. I guess our time will come soon - in the next 3 weeks or so IMHO.

Hi,

Sorry if this msg is not appropriate for this forum.

Anyone here has any recommendation for immigration lawyer for filing I-130 for my wife after I get my citizenship? Also, what is their typical fee?

Thanks,
Morpheus

In san diego, people with PD in Jan are getting interview calls in May. I wish San Jose people could atleast try to catch up ... But only in dreams ...

My timeline

Same timeline for myself and spouse:

10/16/2006: Submitted application
10/19/2006: Notice Date
11/21/2006: Fingerprinting (as per scheduled appointment)
04/14/2007: Interview letter received
June 5, 2007: Interview date
???: Oath

I wonder how many applications the recieve in San Jose every month.
Does anybody know?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said to you in PM...

Hi,

Sorry if this msg is not appropriate for this forum.

Anyone here has any recommendation for immigration lawyer for filing I-130 for my wife after I get my citizenship? Also, what is their typical fee?

Thanks,
Morpheus

It's pretty easy to file stuff on your own..and save the $2k that a lawyer will charge you. Unless your wife's case is a difficult one (illegal entry...criminal records), do it yourself.

Can anyone tell me whether they restrict cell phones at the Oath Ceremony at Heritage Theater (Campbell) or can I just carry it with me (obviously in silent mode)?

they tell u to switch them off...u can carry them inside...

...I even saw non-citizens in the same room snapping pictures away with their cameras of the "soon to be citizens" in other rows...quite dramatic.
"the soon-to-be-citizen was waving his new country's flag... just like in the movies and on tv"
....it's not that strict..i mean.:)

...I even saw non-citizens in the same room snapping pictures away with their cameras of the "soon to be citizens" in other rows...quite dramatic.
"the soon-to-be-citizen was waving his new country's flag... just like in the movies and on tv"
....it's not that strict..i mean.:)

Thanks kkboy.

The main reason for me asking this question is that I would be expecting some critical emails during that time. And it would be useful to have the cell phone with me so that I can check the email immediately after the ceremony.

Finally done

Alright, I am finally done. My oath ceremony was at 1:00pm in the Heritage Theater in Campbell. There were a total of 429 new citizens from 48 different countries taking oath at the 1:00pm session. The ceremony itself was very well organized and got over sharp at 2:15pm. Coincidentally, the immigration officer who interviewed me was one of the masters of ceremony as well.

long awaited, huh...

Alright, I am finally done. My oath ceremony was at 1:00pm in the Heritage Theater in Campbell. There were a total of 429 new citizens from 48 different countries taking oath at the 1:00pm session. The ceremony itself was very well organized and got over sharp at 2:15pm. Coincidentally, the immigration officer who interviewed me was one of the masters of ceremony as well.

congrats !!file for ur PP now...get in line :p