San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

new to this forum

Hello everyone
Pre applied N-400........85days ahead of 5yr completion....
mailed on................. 3/4/07
Recvd/ Priority date ....3/8/07
Notice date .............. 3/20/07

Today is 4/18/07 and no FP notice yet??? How may days is it taking right now??
There is an application no. on the receipt...is there any way i can track it??Enlighten me :rolleyes:

Hello everyone
Pre applied N-400........85days ahead of 5yr completion....
mailed on................. 3/4/07
Recvd/ Priority date ....3/8/07
Notice date .............. 3/20/07

Today is 4/18/07 and no FP notice yet??? How may days is it taking right now??
There is an application no. on the receipt...is there any way i can track it??Enlighten me :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there is no way to track it. The USCIS website status is useless. I would say wait for a week and if you don't get it try an Infopass appointment.

If you read the notes from last 1-2 weeks, you will find many people in the same boat. You can check with them if they did anything.

All the best.

Unfortunately, there is no way to track it. The USCIS website status is useless. I would say wait for a week and if you don't get it try an Infopass appointment.

If you read the notes from last 1-2 weeks, you will find many people in the same boat. You can check with them if they did anything.

All the best.

In the same boat. No FP letter yet. PD is 03/07.

Finally took oath

Hi All

I finally took oath yesterday April 18th and applied for my passport today (expedited).

Thanks to everyone for sharing their info.

Here are my timelines for the benefit of others:
Passport applied: April 19, 2007, Oath: April 18, 2007 ; Interview date: March 14, 2007; FP Done: Aug 15, 2006, PD: Aug 1, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Omorpheus,

Do you think they will actually do the fingerprinting with an InfoPass appointment if you don't have a FP notice yet? I also filed in March and still waiting for the FP letter.

Mailed on 3/26
Receipt notice date 4/04
FP notice ??

Thanks.

Hi Blaaah,

Seems like you're the last one to get your FP notice in this alias. Could you please let us know what fingerprinting date they gave to you now that you received your FP notice? I mailed on 3/26 and my receipt notice date is 4/4. I am wondering how long it will take after receiving the notice.

Thanks.

Hi Omorpheus,

Do you think they will actually do the fingerprinting with an InfoPass appointment if you don't have a FP notice yet? I also filed in March and still waiting for the FP letter.

Mailed on 3/26
Receipt notice date 4/04
FP notice ??

Thanks.

No you don't do FP at the Infopass appointment. Infopass is done on Monterey Hwy while FP is done near N. First Street. Both happen at different places.

I think its too early for you to take INFOPASS. Go only if you haven't received it after 5-6 weeks of your PD else it would be a waste.

Hi Blaaah,

Seems like you're the last one to get your FP notice in this alias. Could you please let us know what fingerprinting date they gave to you now that you received your FP notice? I mailed on 3/26 and my receipt notice date is 4/4. I am wondering how long it will take after receiving the notice.

You can expect the finger printing notice within the next few days. Until recently, FP notice and Receipt Notice used to be just days apart. Nowadays, they are usually within a couple of weeks apart - sometimes a little more.

As was mentioned in a post earlier, you will not be finger printed at your Infopass appointment. Infopass appointments are at the USCIS district offices while finger printing is done at the application centers. They very different units.

One piece of advice I will give you - just take the whole thing easy. A large part of the naturalization process is something you really can't control much. So, just worrying about it will not buy you anything. Take Infopass appointments just to ensure that you have not lost anything in mail. But otherwise, just take it easy and you will enjoy the ride and most certainly go through less mental torture.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I know I should be patient but trying to plan things around these dates is hard ;) It looks like if it follows Blaaah's dates my FP notice won't come in until 5/08 or so.. Then who knows how long after they will give my appointment for?

Mail received by USCIS: 3/26
PD: 3/28
RD: 4/4
FP: ???

Thx! :)
Cheers.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I know I should be patient but trying to plan things around these dates is hard ;) It looks like if it follows Blaaah's dates my FP notice won't come in until 5/08 or so.. Then who knows how long after they will give my appointment for?

Mail received by USCIS: 3/26
PD: 3/28
RD: 4/4
FP: ???

Thx! :)
Cheers.

Hi Billybash,

I have not rcvd it. Pls see my dates below to get an idea. Another user "Chips" has similar dates and has not rcvd either.

Vodkamartini007 and billy bash,our priority dates are pretty close...lets keep each other posted on any new developments....:rolleyes:

You have to clearly understand the fact that you cannot too much of planning because things are not going to be under your control. And for things that are not under your control, you cannot do any plan and instead can just speculate. Having personally gone this relatively short (some may call it longer than usual) process, this is so much easier compared to the green card process provided you don't get over anxious and do not over expect. So, just try to relax and let things come to you as opposed to trying to over analyze timelines.

Well, I can only advice. Rest is on you.

Friends, does anyone know how fast you can receive the passport in SAN FRANCISCO passport agency? My appointment is early morning. Is it possible to receive the passport in the afternoon? or next day? or day after next day? :)

Reason asking is that I got an urgent travel plan. Thanks a bunch.