San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

1) Make sure the picture looks the way you want it to. It actually goes on your naturalization certificate.

WHAAAttt??? I looked like crap in my picture..hehehe.. oh well, perhaps I could bring another set of pic at the interview time.

Anyway, I just sent my N400 application this morning using USPS express mail (check off signature required waiver). I am ready to contribute in this thread !!

WHAAAttt??? I looked like crap in my picture..hehehe.. oh well, perhaps I could bring another set of pic at the interview time.

Anyway, I just sent my N400 application this morning using USPS express mail (check off signature required waiver). I am ready to contribute in this thread !!

Yea I didn't realize this when I sent in my app either. I figured it would just sit in a file somewhere never to be seen. So, I took it on my way home from working out...big mistake...

Tel no to take INFOPASS appt

What's the no to take INFOPASS appt in SAN Jose..pl. share

Waiting for IL ..PD: Dec 1st, FP : 12/18/06
cheers

Yea I didn't realize this when I sent in my app either. I figured it would just sit in a file somewhere never to be seen. So, I took it on my way home from working out...big mistake...

I got the photo's done but ...
1. there is no white border
2. background is not purely white

Is that a big deal?

Any specific recommendations for a competent photo studio near San Jose?

-O.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the photo's done but ...
1. there is no white border
2. background is not purely white

Is that a big deal?

Any specific recommendations for a competent photo studio near San Jose?

-O.

These are regular passport photos, so any Kinko's, Walgreens, Ritz, and many other places should be able to take a good picture. I was satisfied with Kinko's, better than Walgreens in my opinion, but quality can change with location. I think other people have used Costco.

My 2 cents.

My dates ...

Hi All:
I have been lurking in these forums for a while and thought of posting my dates too:

Me+Husband PD: 26 Oct 2006
FD: 25 Nov 2006
long time .......... no news
Husband IL: 13 Apr 2007
Interview Date: 7 June 2007

3 weeks went but no interview letter for me. So i took infopass and went to SJ Office today. Asked "My letter did not come although we applied together. I'm concerned"
Friendly lady said: "Well u guys both have diff fingerprints - so it can't always be same"

THen said - the system is just scheduling your interview. It is also 7 june. If u dont get letter by May end u can stop by and collect it - i cannot give it to you right now.

well... Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Considering everything(SJ delays etc..) - its not too long - about 7 months till interview

Waiting 4 mine too...

Hi All:
I have been lurking in these forums for a while and thought of posting my dates too:

Me+Husband PD: 26 Oct 2006
FD: 25 Nov 2006
long time .......... no news
Husband IL: 13 Apr 2007
Interview Date: 7 June 2007

3 weeks went but no interview letter for me. So i took infopass and went to SJ Office today. Asked "My letter did not come although we applied together. I'm concerned"
Friendly lady said: "Well u guys both have diff fingerprints - so it can't always be same"

THen said - the system is just scheduling your interview. It is also 7 june. If u dont get letter by May end u can stop by and collect it - i cannot give it to you right now.

Considering everything(SJ delays etc..) - its not too long - about 7 months till interview

I applied couple of weeks after you, My FP date is 2 days after you and have not received anything yet. Went for info pass 2 weeks back, officer told me that is waiting 2 be scheduled....So waiting.

Hi All:

So, the next set of ILs should be coming in a day or two :) Hope they cover till Nov 15 or Nov 20 PD cases ... That way my letter is only a month away ...

Also, its 7 months till Interview and 1-2 months for Oath ... Making it 8-9 months total time ....

So, the next set of ILs should be coming in a day or two :) Hope they cover till Nov 15 or Nov 20 PD cases ... That way my letter is only a month away ...

Also, its 7 months till Interview and 1-2 months for Oath ... Making it 8-9 months total time ....

Hello Omorpheus,

Is it true that the interview letters are mailed out twice a month or this is your gut feeling. Would you mind commenting.

Thanks

Hello Omorpheus,

Is it true that the interview letters are mailed out twice a month or this is your gut feeling. Would you mind commenting.

Thanks

Raj4jazz,

its just my gut feeling, but scraping the past:

Mar 17-19: when people got their ILs.
Mar 30-Apr 2: Next set of people got their ILs.
Apr 13-16: next set of ILs.
May 1-3: ????

I am seriously hoping that ILs will get mailed this week as raj10's IL got scheduled today (usually mail out happens the same week someone is told of their Interview time or date) ....
In mid-april letters, last Interview date was June 6 or 7. So, atleast now they will send ILs for another 10-15 days I hope.

There seem to a pattern in these... That's what I was pointing out ... I am very optimistic person :D

Anyone on this thread who received IL with PD after Nov.5, 2006, please respond.

Thank you
-Ram

details:

PD - Nov 8 and Nov 9
FP - earlier than scheduled date.
IL - waiting

Did anyone receive ILs (this week) after the last mailout in 2nd week of April?

You got to realize that the folks posting on these forums are not a good representatiion of N-400 applicants all over the country. So, any conclusion about patterns and such are not going to be very accurate.

Documents for Interview

Hello,

I received interview letter at San Jose office. Document checklist includes the letter, passports, green card, and "government issued photo identification"

What should be taken for "government issued photo identification"?
Another statement in the letter is: "If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview"

I do not remember what I sent with N400 application - my application was a standard default application. Are any copies submitted with a normal N400 application?

Thanks!

Timeline:
Mailed N400: Oct 17th 2006
FP: Nov 17th 2006
IL Dated: April 11th 2007
IL On: Jun 05 th 2007

Glad to see that interview letters are showing up again. Let's see if we see any from November PD.
On a standard application you should have only sent copy of your Green Card. Take your Green Card, drivers license (I think that's what is meant with Government issued photo identification), and possibly your passport.

Glad to see that interview letters are showing up again. Let's see if we see any from November PD.
On a standard application you should have only sent copy of your Green Card. Take your Green Card, drivers license (I think that's what is meant with Government issued photo identification), and possibly your passport.

No one got their letters this week. ssmile73's IL is dated Apr 11. So, still waiting to get new ILs.

You're right, I should have read the timeline more carefully. Back to waiting :(