San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi VodkaMartini007,

Hum....Lets hope that we get FP letters sometime this week...

Take Care
Chips

Adding my data to the thread

I've been monitoring the goup for some time and decided to post my data. My PD is Nov 15th, since they are still processing August PD I assume that it will take an other 2-3 months before I get my Interview letter. Having known at the time that they were taking walk-in for the finger print, I woudl have done it 2 weeks earlier.

Hi VodkaMartini007,

Hum....Lets hope that we get FP letters sometime this week...

Take Care
Chips

I hope so too. It's nothing but junk mail and bills in the mail everyday! Otherwise, do we do InfoPass or is it better to wait for another week to 10 days?

Thanks.

I hope so too. It's nothing but junk mail and bills in the mail everyday! Otherwise, do we do InfoPass or is it better to wait for another week to 10 days?

Thanks.

I would probably wait, perhaps they are delaying the finger print letters in consideration that the whole process is taking longer, and to ensure the finger print results are valid at time of interview/oath. I believe USCIS did something similar when I-485 was taking forever. That would be one of my wild guesses. One way or another I would encourage both of you to update us when you get the fingerprint notice so everyone can track what's going on. If on the other hand you start seeing people who get fingerprint notices and have priority dates more recent than yours then by all means call or schedule an Infopass. For now, I would wait. It is amazing how many things get solved by using a very simple skill: patience!

Dist Off: San Jose
3/05/07: N-400 Mailed
3/07/07: Rcvd Date
3/07/07: Priority Date
3/16/07: Notice Date
?/??/??: FP

No sign of FP letter!:(

I filed N-400 around the same time, PD 03/05. Haven't received the FP yet either.

Something's slowing down since March, I wonder.

Please keep us posted.

Got the interview letter

Dudes,

So far so gud, here is my time line

PD 02/10/06
ND 10/10/06
FP 24/10/06
IL 22/05/07 (Scheduled)

The following is mentioned on my IL as needed for evidence

1/ This Letter.
2/ Your Alien Registration card(green card).
3/ Any Evidence of Selective Service Registration.
4/ Your Passport or anyother documents you used in connection with any entries into the US.
5/ Those items noted below which are applicable to you{none of which applies}.

How standard is this list ?. I entered the states on a H1 in 03/97 and my brith month is 08/69. So i was definitely not here between 18-26 yrs.

Anybody else was in a similar situation ?. What is to be done ?. Any help is greatly appriciated.

L

Dudes,

So far so gud, here is my time line

PD 02/10/06
ND 10/10/06
FP 24/10/06
IL 22/05/07 (Scheduled)

The following is mentioned on my IL as needed for evidence

1/ This Letter.
2/ Your Alien Registration card(green card).
3/ Any Evidence of Selective Service Registration.
4/ Your Passport or anyother documents you used in connection with any entries into the US.
5/ Those items noted below which are applicable to you{none of which applies}.

How standard is this list ?. I entered the states on a H1 in 03/97 and my brith month is 08/69. So i was definitely not here between 18-26 yrs.

Anybody else was in a similar situation ?. What is to be done ?. Any help is greatly appriciated.

This is very standard. Nothing specific to your case.

San Jose INFOPass Update

Hello:

Here are the details of my visit to the San Jose DO earlier this afternoon with an
INFOPass appointment.

App Details: (same for my wife as well)

PD: 10/24/2006
ND: 10/30/2006
FP Date: 11/24/2006
FP Done (Walkin): 11/17/2006
Interview Date: xxxx

Not more than 2-3 people in the entire first floor. So, it was pretty empty. After receiving a token, was called by an IO within a couple of minutes.

After presenting my Rcpt. Notice for N-400, I asked the IO if I had cleared "Name Check" and "Background Check". She replied "Yes" and that my application has been waiting in the "Interview Scheduling Queue" since Jan 18th, 2007. Ditto for my wife's app. as well.

She said the system (apparently the scheduling is done by an automated system based on the DO location and availability of interview dates on a first-in first-out basis), in general does the scheduling by 90 days or so after an application is placed in the queue. The IO stated that I should be receiving the letter sometime soon. She also provided information that May interview dates in San Jose are almost full. So, the chanes are that I will have June Interview date. The IO could not tell me how many cases were waiting in the Queue before me. She has had a few other similar queries in the past week that also had the Queuing dates around the same timeframe.

In addition, she added my A# and my wife's to a manual list that she is compiling to track the progress of the scheduling and to investigate further. The IO said she will contact the "Interview Cell" (2nd floor) in early May if the list of A#'s she noted have not been scheduled. This she said (sometimes) invokes a manual process of scheduling the cases from the Queue. Not sure how much of this is true but for what it's worth.

Finally, I asked her about "same day oath" and she said that they do not do it. Even if you have reason(s) for requesting. The processing of the paperwork after the interview she said takes about 2 weeks and hence the earliest they schedule for an oath is in 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Here is my time line.

02/14/2007 : Mailed to CSC
02/15/2007 : Priority Date (and Receive Date)
02/21/2007 : Check cashed
02/23/2007 : Notice Date (Received in the mail on 02/28/07)
03/14/2007 : FP Notice Date
04/06/2007 : FP Appointment
04/06/2007 : FP Done. Walk-In

??/??/???? : Interview Appointment
??/??/???? : Oath

Srinivasa

My Timeline

Same timeline for myself and spouse:

10/16/2006: Submitted application
10/19/2006: Notice Date
11/21/2006: Fingerprinting (as per scheduled appointment)
???: Interview
???: Oath

Timeline

Timeline for my wife and me

10/26/2006: Submitted application
10/29/2006: Notice Date
11/22/2006: Fingerprinting (as per scheduled appointment)
06/06/2007: Interview

Timeline for my wife and me

10/26/2006: Submitted application
10/29/2006: Notice Date
11/22/2006: Fingerprinting (as per scheduled appointment)
06/06/2007: Interview

When did your wife get her interview letter?

Looks like they starting sending June interview letters for PDs in Oct and early Nov :) . If I recall correctly, Oct 16 was the last priority date with interviews in May. So, expecting an interview letter in next 1-2 months.

My Timeline:

Priority Date: Dec 18, 2006
Fingerprinting: Jan 20, 2007
Infopass 1: Mar 23, 2007 (case in queue, background + namecheck cleared in Feb)

IL Received

Well, the IO was correct in saying that I should be getting the letter soon. I received
my IL yesterday, Apr 13rh. Here are the details. Same for my wife as well:

PD: 10/24/2006
ND: 10/30/2006
FP Date: 11/24/2006
FP Done (Walkin): 11/17/2006
IL received on: 04/13/2007
Interview Date: 06/06/2007
Oath: ????

PS: I was never able to track my Rcpt number online. From Day 1 the USCIS online tracker said that I was entering an invalid Rcpt number.

HTH

Hi Chips,

I still have not rcvd FP. Wondering what's going on?

Hope we get it by this weekend.

FYI, I just got the FP letter. I believe you will get yours soon if you haven't received it yet.

Do you guys know if we can just walk in for the FP without an appointment?

Thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator: