San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

IT's been 2 mos after ur Fp...

Thanks kkboy. My dates so far:

DO: San Jose
PD: 12/18/2006
FP Notice: 1/12/2007
FP Done: 1/20/2007 (actual date on FP notice)

That's it ...

Do you think I shud take infopass appointment to check my status because FBI line says call after 12 weeks from your FP. Does it affect your application positively or negatively?

Thanks

I think you have a valid reason to visit the san jose location and ask specifically:

1. What's the status of my name check ?
2. What's the status of my background check ? Has it cleared?
3. Has my case been transferred to this office ?

The lady at the front desk told me to ask these specific questions to the IO/(guy in white clothes) and just not ask " what's my case status". Pls take an apptment and go in there...at least that dude will look at your case in front of you and tell you "Everything looks ok, we will be scheduling your interview soon". If you hear those magic words, then you are set.... don't go again, just go to your mailbox daily and expect the flying eagle to be in there...it should happen soon. good luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi omorpheus....your fingerprinting was done about 2 months back and you're panicking already? :D

Strange that the FBI told you to call 12 weeks after fingerprinting. I called them the same day and was told that my fingerprint result was sent back to USCIS the same day.

You can try calling again...maybe you'll get lucky and get to talk to someone at the FBI that's nice and helpful.

San Jose DO isn't the fastest DO to send out Interview letters. Just relax and unfortunately, get use to waiting. If everything goes smoothly and there are no bumps in the road for your case, you'll most likely finish in say 6 months to 8 months as it seems to be the trend for San Jose DO.

Thanks a lot for the information guys and gals.

I am in such a hurry because I got GC before marrying and hence want to be with my wife soon. Its a pain that it takes 5 years for getting a visa for spouse of Green card holder. Till I get citizenship, I cannot get her here quickly.

That's my story so far.

I will schedule an appointment with DO soon. Thanks a lot for the info.

I am in such a hurry because ....

You really can't help much until processing date at your DO gets past your priority date. You can call as many times as you want and you can take Infopass as many times as you want, but you really can't influence a change. All you will end up getting is more frustrated. The journey to naturalization is not that painful compared to what it took to get the green card. If you just relax a little and let things move on its own, you will enjoy the process.

Hey bestluck, congratulations and good luck, or should I say "best luck" :) This gives us hope that things are still moving in the interview front.

I have a similar case...

Thanks a lot for the information guys and gals.

I am in such a hurry because I got GC before marrying and hence want to be with my wife soon. Its a pain that it takes 5 years for getting a visa for spouse of Green card holder. Till I get citizenship, I cannot get her here quickly.

That's my story so far.

I will schedule an appointment with DO soon. Thanks a lot for the info.

But my wife is here..on h1, but still, it bothers you to be in the dark. These guys are right..maybe or maybe not things will move...but at least u can sleep in peace knowing that you did ur part by talking to the dude at uscis. In some cases, I have read that it's really been expedited. Good luck Omorpheus...hey Infopass is FREE ! slickdeal ! :)

"priority date" is debatable

You really can't help much until processing date at your DO gets past your priority date. You can call as many times as you want and you can take Infopass as many times as you want, but you really can't influence a change.

In your case and hapigal's case, your PD's were 5/24 and 6 something.

I sent my stuff in august/06. Getting done tomorrow....I don't think PD has anything to do how fast ur interview is scheduled. Like I said, it's debatable..:D .

[Hapigal said] : you'll most likely finish in say 6 months to 8 months as it seems to be the trend for San Jose DO.

This one....I agree with !! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
interview done

Had my interview this morning and everything went fine. Officer was super nice and courteous. The whole process took about only 15 minutes, including the chatting with the officer. Feels so nice after months of anxiety and waiting. Got the N-652 indicating recommendation for approval. How soon normally does the oath letter arrive?

PD. Aug 2006
FD. Sep 2006
IV. 3/20/2007

Wish everyone good luck and be faithful.
God bless America.

Reveive my Interview notice

I also received my Interview Letter yesterday. Seems that the backlog is moving forward slowly again.

Here are my dates:

Priority Date: Oct. 19, 2006
FP: Nov. 21, 2006
Interview Letter received: March 19, 2007
Interview Date: May 1, 2007

We sent out both my wife's and my application at the same time and My wife's interview time is 25 minutes behind on the same day.

Good Luck to everyone.

you shud get a letter....

Had my interview this morning and everything went fine. Officer was super nice and courteous. The whole process took about only 15 minutes, including the chatting with the officer. Feels so nice after months of anxiety and waiting. Got the N-652 indicating recommendation for approval. How soon normally does the oath letter arrive?

PD. Aug 2006
FD. Sep 2006
IV. 3/20/2007

Wish everyone good luck and be faithful.
God bless America.

...for oath (Apr 18th)..in mail within 1-2 weeks.

Recd Interview notice

Here are details of my N-400 status

09/25/06 - Applied to CSC
09/27/06 - Receipt at CSC
09/29/06 - Check cashed
10/06/06 - NOA received
10/11/06 - FP notice date
10/31/06- FP Appt
10/17/06 - Actual FP done
03/19/07 - Recd Interview notice (ND 03/15/07)
Interview date - 05/08/07
OATH ????????

Thanks kkboy. My dates so far:

DO: San Jose
PD: 12/18/2006
FP Notice: 1/12/2007
FP Done: 1/20/2007 (actual date on FP notice)

That's it ...

Do you think I shud take infopass appointment to check my status because FBI line says call after 12 weeks from your FP. Does it affect your application positively or negatively?

Thanks
OMorpheus, here's what I think is happening. If you have a common last name and gender and nationality combo the chances are that it showed up as a hit in the FBI database and they send all hits for further investigation which is why the FBI is giving you the run around. I think this because my wife and I explained simultaneously and the fBI cleared me the same day but would not give any info about my wife's status after the FP even. I happen to knowthere is a female with the same maiden last name as my wife from the same country who got arrested for shoplifting and this is probabaly why it took so long. My 2c worth

I called FBI line again this morning and the lady was very courteous and said that the Finger prints clearance was sent the same day to USCIS. So, I think trying again does help. Now, is the FBI name check of which we can't check the status online or by calling.

So, I have taken an Infopass appointment for later this week. Lets see what happens. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I see people who applied in Aug-Oct are getting Interviews in Apr-May, so hopefully its another 4-5 months wait as I applied in Dec.

All the best for folks going for interviews.

correct....ask for name check at infopass (eom)

I called FBI line again this morning and the lady was very courteous and said that the Finger prints clearance was sent the same day to USCIS. So, I think trying again does help. Now, is the FBI name check of which we can't check the status online or by calling.

So, I have taken an Infopass appointment for later this week. Lets see what happens. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I see people who applied in Aug-Oct are getting Interviews in Apr-May, so hopefully its another 4-5 months wait as I applied in Dec.

All the best for folks going for interviews.

goodluck

baywaiter, bestluck: interview notices

Congratulations, both of you, on getting your interview notices. Finally, indeed! :)

Since my PD is right on the heels of yours, my hopes of receiving an interview notice are revived...Did either of you see a change in the online case status?

Regards

Case did not disappear

My case has not yet disappeared. The case status still says my " case was received on XX September.............

Hope this helps

baywaiter, bestluck: interview notices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, both of you, on getting your interview notices. Finally, indeed!

Since my PD is right on the heels of yours, my hopes of receiving an interview notice are revived...Did either of you see a change in the online case status?

Regards

I was never able to see my case status on the web site since day 1. It has always been failure and not able to loate the case number.