San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I heared receipt number can be found in the cashed check and is that true?

How does the receipt number look like?
My check got encashed and NOA is not yet received.

In the check from there is a 7 digit number written with hand and also there is a 7 digit number printed.

Back Side of the check there is one number printed with big letters 10 digit.
One more number is preinted with wsc$.... total 13 digits .

So, Which one is going to be actual receipt number?

Thank You

In my case it was the handwritten number on the front side of the check, then you need to add WSC*00 and the 7 digits you get from the check. Don't freak out if you don't see the case online. In my case it took a few days for the case to show online after they cashed the check.

Hi Huracan,

Thank you for reply and I just checked the status.

It says: Case received and pending and is that normal?

Thank You

Hi Chips,

Yes, that's normal. Some people find the status disappear right before getting the interview letter, but other report that the message doesn't change throughout the process. In my case it is still saying the same, case received and pending.

Good luck.

Info needed

hello,
I tried various options.

1. Called the 800 number
2. Contacted the senator
3. Infopass appointments

One fine day in step 1, the representative filed for a expedite request for me also and said they will respond within 30 days and I got the IL immediately. I engaged with Senator in parallel and anyways the Senator's response was very prompt and they attached a copy of followup. I am really happy about the service of the senator for the californians.

Dera r2ichennai2007, not sure if you are still reading these posts. In case you do can you forward me the phone numbers for the senators and staff so I can begin calling them as well. My FP was done in September last year and I still have'nt heard anything from USCIS. I had one Infopass in January and have been told that my name check is pending:mad:

Hello to all:

I received my NOA today and waiting for FP notice..

Which is the best place to go FP around San Jose?
In some posts, I read that people are going oakland why?
Is it ok to go for FP before the scheduled date?

Does online status shows if they mail the FP letter?

Thanks a lot for everyone.

Hi,

I don't think you can shop around for fingerprints ;) It will tell you in the notice where you should go. Most likely the ASC in San Jose, which is close to N 1st and guadalupe parkway.

Yes, you can go ahead of time, most likely it will be alright, but there is a slight chance that they can refuse to take your fingerprints if they have a busy time.

No, online status is likely to remain the same message throughout your process, definitely it doesn't change with fingerprint notice, sometimes it changes with intervie letter. I believe the change is that the case disappears from the online status page.

My 2 cents.

he is in the "Expedited passport"

Dera r2ichennai2007, not sure if you are still reading these posts. In case you do can you forward me the phone numbers for the senators and staff so I can begin calling them as well. My FP was done in September last year and I still have'nt heard anything from USCIS. I had one Infopass in January and have been told that my name check is pending:mad:

thread...if you want to locate him..fyi ;-)

oath ceremony

Folks who took the oath, can you offer some detail about the process?
is there something we need to prepare other than answering
questions on N-445 and remembering the Pledge of Allegiance.

abetterday,

Honestly, click on the previous pages, there have been quite a few postings on oath experience ;) I wouldn't ask anybody to post again, but of course people are always welcome to tell experiences about fingerprint, interview and/or oath. Don't take it bad, but I wouldn't like to waste anybody's time, for something that has been posted quite a few times :)

thanks

Huracan, thanks for the reminder. I didn't look far back enough.
After rewinding about 10 pages, nice folks had good writeup
for the one on Feb 21st. (sorry I didn't know
exactly when the previous oaths ceremonies were held).

hello, world!

I had an infopass in early Mar to check on the status. I was told that my application had cleared FBI name check(?) and the fingerprint check. The officer told me that I would receive the IL soon.

I haven't received it yet.

My wife who shares the exact same dates on the N400 timeline took an infopass y'day.

Her application has cleared all checks as well. She was told that the interview was just scheduled the previous day. Her interview will be on May 24th at 8.40 AM. The officer wrote the date on her ori. notice and informed my wife to call the 800# if she did not receive the IL w/ in 2 weeks time and request for a copy of IL to be re-mailed.

Now, I'm hoping to receive my IL in the week or two as well.

Same day oath in San Jose

Hello All,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.
====
Do I have the option of taking oath on the same day of interview (If I pass the interview) in San Jose DO? I know they conduct a oath cermony once a month in heritage theater, Campbell. But I would like to take the oath on the same day as I am planning to go abroad for a long time soon after interview, if San Jose DO allows it.

Thank you
====

Hello All,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.
====
Do I have the option of taking oath on the same day of interview (If I pass the interview) in San Jose DO? I know they conduct a oath cermony once a month in heritage theater, Campbell. But I would like to take the oath on the same day as I am planning to go abroad for a long time soon after interview, if San Jose DO allows it./QUOTE]

Check this out.

I had an infopass in early Mar to check on the status. I was told that my application had cleared FBI name check(?) and the fingerprint check. The officer told me that I would receive the IL soon.

I haven't received it yet.

My wife who shares the exact same dates on the N400 timeline took an infopass y'day.

Her application has cleared all checks as well. She was told that the interview was just scheduled the previous day. Her interview will be on May 24th at 8.40 AM. The officer wrote the date on her ori. notice and informed my wife to call the 800# if she did not receive the IL w/ in 2 weeks time and request for a copy of IL to be re-mailed.

Now, I'm hoping to receive my IL in the week or two as well.

Did they tell you when your case was cleared and moved into the queue. In my infopass appointment last week I was told that in Feb all security clearances were done and I am in queue for IL (since Mar 16) and will get IL within 30 days and it will be sometime in June.

Is there a phone number where you can check your interview date or just for resending the letter? Also, please update us when you or your wife gets the IL.

Hi omorpheus,

Your post gives me hope, as I think your priority date is a few days later than mine. I wasn't expecting any interview letter before a month or two. I was also making my own calculation of interview around June. Let's see. I haven't taken Infopass to be sure that all name check is done, but I am optimistic. If you get your interview letter before I do I will most likely ask for an Infopass ;)

Good luck.

If I were you I would probably wait, as your application is within the current processing time. In your case you have the extra chance of following your spouses case which is a few days earlier than yours, and a few days later than mine. It's up to you, but I don't think you will get much benefit if you go now, it depends on how much free time you have :)

Did they tell you when your case was cleared and moved into the queue. In my infopass appointment last week I was told that in Feb all security clearances were done and I am in queue for IL (since Mar 16) and will get IL within 30 days and it will be sometime in June.

QUOTE]

Omorpheus,
They told me in early march that namecheck has been cleared in early december. My FP was late december.Officer said everything is all set for IL. But did not give me any date for interview or IL.
Did they actually say June for you? I am surprised...

Huracan: my FP dates are similar to yours...we should watch each others case to get an idea of when we get IL.