San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Anyone submitted N400 in May

Anyone submitted N400 in May received FP notice ?

I havent got mine yet.. and just wondering..

cp-gc said:
When did you receive ur FP notice ?
the notice date for my FP appointment was on 5/4/2006. i think i got the letter in the mail in about a week from the FP ND. (BTW, "ND" for "notice date", for just in case it wasn't clear.)

Hi there,

I have also got the same thing on my N400 receipt notice;
I guess, it must be a green card.

My timelines:
4/20: mailed N400
4/25: INS received
6/6: Finger print appointment

dhong

cp-gc said:
I got my N400 receipt notice today. The letter had this statement..

Anyone knows what this means ? anything to worry abt ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above application has been received by our Office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):

Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to bring the time of you Naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail.

I had the same message, but at interview I was not asked for any other docs
- just reviewed the travel dates (I had som travel since application) & the civics & english Qs

My San jose timeline

Application sent Nov 05 (3 months before 5 yrs on GC)
Priority date Nov 25, 05
got receipt 12/6/05
FP notice sent 1/24/06 - FP date was 2/17/06
FP was very simple & fast - under 30 min
Interview notice sent 3/30/06 - interview date may 3, 06
Interview was very fast & easy - about 45 min total inc wait at San jose
reviewed application (travel outside US etc) asked simple civics Q & approved application - overall I was very happy with the process
Oath notice sent May 16, 06 - oath date June 14 in Campbell

overall very easy process for me

dhong said:
Hi there,

I have also got the same thing on my N400 receipt notice;
I guess, it must be a green card.

My timelines:
4/20: mailed N400
4/25: INS received
6/6: Finger print appointment

dhong

I remember when completing N-400, it mentioned that an applicant is to submit the N-400 with the copy of the front and back of the green card. In N-400 form, there was a field to note the "A" number, which is also on the green card.

So, I guess that the missing evidence could mean the copy of the green card, or one or more information that is supposed to be noted in N-400, but got somehow left out.

Today completed interview successfully. Waiting for Oath.

thanks,
-CZPHope

areyosamba said:
Nope. still waiting for interview

Appollo88 took fp a week before us. So we should get it soon.

Done with Interview today

Attended interview this morning along with my wife. Both of us got congratulation letters.

Coming to interview experience, officer was extremely polite, really fast, took around 7 mins to complete. Officer asked for paspport, GC and DL and did not bother to go thru them at all. Went over the application really fast. Stopped at traffic ticket section and asked whether it's DUI related or not. I answered NO. Not sure whether traffic tickets shows up in background check or not but officer mentioned that "Yeah, they were not showing as any red flags in background check".
- asked whether I claimed as US citizen any where anytime
- Quickly asked exactly six questions and I answered all of them right.
- asked to write simple sentence
- made me sign my name on photo with pen
- took full signature instead of short form on the application.

Finally said congratulations :) , gave a completed form and said INS will mail oath soon. Pretty much same experience for my wife too. She also received completed form :)

Officer did not ask any type of documentation (for eg: Selective service, tax, w2 etc etc)

As far as I noticed most of the people interview process was really fast. No one was inside for more than 10-15mins.

Some Information:-
- It will take sometime to find a parking spot. Allow yourself good amount of time.
- Anyone can accompany you to go inside the building even if they are not taking interview. Make sure they have DL.
- I am not sure whether there are any restrooms inside the building :D. There are restrooms in the US health office (1st floor) besides gold gym.

Hope this helps

The Same here with us too. It took about 5-10 minutes from start to finish. Yes there are restrooms inside the INS office, both in ground floor as well as first floor. There is a small kid's play area too. Just in case you happen to take kids, it should be ok. They didnt ask for any documents as such, except passport,GC & DL. The officers did not even check the dates of entry/exit in our case. They did go through all the N400's last yes/no questions on morals etc. Just checked the traffic tickets information on N400. [Again didnt ask for any proofs, as such], also not asked was the Selective Services letter. Handed over a paper with 10 civic & history questions. Asked to write a english sentence, and sign full name on the photos [on front] and on N400 ., in cursive style.

Hope this helps,
-CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
Attended interview this morning along with my wife. Both of us got congratulation letters.

Coming to interview experience, officer was extremely polite, really fast, took around 7 mins to complete. Officer asked for paspport, GC and DL and did not bother to go thru them at all. Went over the application really fast. Stopped at traffic ticket section and asked whether it's DUI related or not. I answered NO. Not sure whether traffic tickets shows up in background check or not but officer mentioned that "Yeah, they were not showing as any red flags in background check".
- asked whether I claimed as US citizen any where anytime
- Quickly asked exactly six questions and I answered all of them right.
- asked to write simple sentence
- made me sign my name on photo with pen
- took full signature instead of short form on the application.

Finally said congratulations :) , gave a completed form and said INS will mail oath soon. Pretty much same experience for my wife too. She also received completed form :)

Officer did not ask any type of documentation (for eg: Selective service, tax, w2 etc etc)

As far as I noticed most of the people interview process was really fast. No one was inside for more than 10-15mins.

Some Information:-
- It will take sometime to find a parking spot. Allow yourself good amount of time.
- Anyone can accompany you to go inside the building even if they are not taking interview. Make sure they have DL.
- I am not sure whether there are any restrooms inside the building :D. There are restrooms in the US health office (1st floor) besides gold gym.

Hope this helps

FP done

Took about 10 mins.

They gave me a booklet of civic questions and a CD>

are these the same Questions as on the web ?

cp-gc said:
Took about 10 mins.

They gave me a booklet of civic questions and a CD>

are these the same Questions as on the web ?

They didn't give me any CD or booklet when I went to get my FP (5/26) in San Jose. Also, I haven't seen any past posts on this forum that mentioned about them, so, maybe they've just started giving them to applicants. Although I have no idea what they put on CD or in the booklet, I would think that the civic questions are pretty much the same if not completely the same.

BTW, I am still waiting for the notice from USCIS for the interview schedule. My FP appointment was 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, I can hear something from them soon.

Booklet and CD

They started giving this as of May 30th.

Pretty Neat.

Booklet had the 96 civic questions/answers and the CD has the same with answers

Completed interview today...

The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. The officer was very courteous. Asked me for my passport, GC, Driver's licence etc, but didn't really inspect any of those. Confirmed my answers to the final yes/no questions, asked if I had any international travel since submitting the application, orally asked about 6-7 history/civics questions, asked me to write a simple english sentence, and that was pretty much it. Then I signed the application, and received the "congratulations" letter.

The officer said everything including background checks was complete and that I should expect to be scheduled for the July oath ceremony.

Pretty much the same story for my wife too.

One important note: make sure you leave your cell phone back in the car. My wife hadn't, and the security guard asked her to go back to the car and leave it there.

Have become USC today

Finally, the jouney is over and we are sworn in as citizen today.
There were 499 people who became citizen today.
I will write in detail about some funny incidents happened today.
cp-gc ... Update my Timeline. Thanks for reminding.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My timeline so far

Office: San Jose, CA
04/20/2006 - N400 received
04/20/2006 - PD
05/04/2006 - ND for FP
05/25/2006 - FP appointment
06/14/2006 - Interview notice Received
08/24/2006 - Interview date

Need to bring photos to interview?

Noticed that a few interview experiences mentioned signing the photo. Do we need to bring additional recent photo to the interview?

Except passport, GC, DL, tax record, what kind of documents did you guys bring?

It is better to get photos

It is better to get few extra photos just in case. Anyway, you can use these photos for applying your passport.

I would advise you carry GC, DL, passport, Tax returns,
traffic ticket receipts from court(just to be on safe side if you have received citations). Most of time, CIS officers are very courteous(based on my experience and few other friends).

Be precise on what you talk and don't provide/ask any extra information and play safe.
Good luck..