San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Getting the standard MSG after FP. Hopefully Interview letter is on the way !

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo!

DesiChap said:
Getting the stadard MSG after FP. Hopefully Interview letter is on the way !

Validation Error(s)
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Hopefully you should see your interview letter this week.

May 24th Oath in San Jose (Campbell)

Folks:
Anybody received their Oath notice for the May 24th Oath ceremony in Campbell?

Hope you get the interview notice very soon.

BTW, how do you know when FP is processed by FBI and sent to USCIS?

DesiChap said:
Getting the standard MSG after FP. Hopefully Interview letter is on the way !

Validation Error(s)

SanJoseCA said:
Hope you get the interview notice very soon.

BTW, how do you know when FP is processed by FBI and sent to USCIS?

Call this number [FBI]
304-625-5590

Tell the rep. that you want to check your
FP "status" for your naturalization.
Have your A#, Name and DOB ready.

Oath Letters for May month

Has anyone received oath letter for the month of May?. I had my interview in San Jose on 4/14. The officer mentioned to me that she will put me for oath in the month of May if possible.

Any idea how much notice one will get between the oath letter and the actual oath date? I may have to plan on a business trip outside the country for 2-3 weeks. I am trying to find out if I will get enough notice so that I can cut short my trip and come back in case of oath in May.

Thanks,
Randyraj

Oath Ceremony Notice received

My wife and I have received the notice for oath ceremony today. The oath ceremony is on May 24th.

Randyraj

PD - 11/05
FP - 02/06
Interview - 04/14/06
Oath Notice date 04/24/06
Oath scheduled 05/24/06

Congratulation

on that U have received oath letter.
I have been checking three times every day my mail box since Nov.29, 2005 (IV date ) but still no letter from USCIS.
I even got used to checking mailbox and like to write "congratulation" as a part of my life.

Best Regrads!
Aimei

GeeC said:
Received Oath notice yesterday for May 24th, 1 PM at Heritage Theatre, Campbell.

Got our oath letter today. Same date & time as yours GeeC. Looking forward to the final step in this journey that began over 12 years ago (F1->CPT->H1->GC->CZ)!!!

Application Sent --> 11/14/2005
Application received --> 11/16/2005
Checks cashed --> 11/21/2005
Notice Received --> 11/30/2005
Receipt Date --> 11/18/2005
Able to check status on-line --> 11/29/2005
FP Notice received --> 1/26/2006
FP Date --> 2/09/2006
Online Update --> 3/2/2006 (Case not found)
Interview Letter Recd. --> 3/4/2006
Interview Date --> 4/11/2006
Oath Letter Recd. --> ?? (we were on vacation, so not sure when we received it!)
Oath Ceremony --> 5/24/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
delay - Laguna Niguel INS office

Finally saw some status change on INS website - 2 and 1/2 months
after mailing my N-400. Haven't received any confirmation letter yet,
but my case number (obtained by calling INS) shows up with
standard message that a letter has been sent and it may take
upto 330 days to 360 days.

Is anyone else facing similar amount of delay?

Confirmation letter: ?
FP - ND: ?

chatrathi said:
Got our oath letter today. Same date & time as yours GeeC. Looking forward to the final step in this journey that began over 12 years ago (F1->CPT->H1->GC->CZ)!!!

Congrats Chatrathi.

Confirmation letter and FP recvd on the same day..

Received Confirmation letter and FP notice on the same day more than 2 months later today. Any ideas on how closely does the USCIS honor the
priority date for N-400? Thanks.

Timeline so far:
N-400 mailed: Feb 16th, 2006.
Priority date: Feb 22nd, 2006.
Confirmation letter: May 1st, 2006.
FP notice: May 1st, 2006
FP date: May 17th, 2006

rsh431 said:
Received Confirmation letter and FP notice on the same day more than 2 months later today. Any ideas on how closely does the USCIS honor the
priority date for N-400? Thanks.

Timeline so far:
N-400 mailed: Feb 16th, 2006.
Priority date: Feb 22nd, 2006.
Confirmation letter: May 1st, 2006.
FP notice: May 1st, 2006
FP date: May 17th, 2006

That is kind of weird that your FP took so long. I have gotten my interview date as well though I have a priority date of Feb 24th 2006. Though interview is at the end of June. Maybe your interview date would be similar.

skr said:
Folks,

My case had been held up due to the second A-file and I followed up on my case by
taking two infopasses one month apart, writing a letter to the immigration officer and,
finally went to my local congresswoman's office and requested them to followup with USCIS.

I just got of the phone with the staffers in the congresswoman's office who informed me
that they received an email from USCIS, in which they were told that I'm
schedule for Oath on May'26 at Heritage Theater in Campbell and they sent me an invitation on April'29,
which I've not received yet :D

Congrats, Heritage Theatre Oath is on May 24th not 26th. If they had sent the notice on Apr 29th, you should be getting it soon.

Finished Interview Today - Oath Later this month

Had my interview early Wednesday morning - went through quite smoothly. The agent in charge was extremely courteous and downright friendly. Oath is later this month - May 18th.

Does anyone plan to leave the country soon after the oath? I need to do so and am planning on going to SF and applying for an expedited Passport because of impending travel.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks
--
vpartha

Receipt:11/25/2005
Fingerprint:2/21/2006
Interview:5/3/2006
Oath:5/18/2006