San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Received interview notice...

Received interview notices today for me and my wife. They have asked my wife to bring evidence of Selective Service Registration :eek:

Received interview notices today for both of us. Same day for both of us but mine is morning and my wife's in the afternoon.

FormN400, same here. They have asked to bring evidence of selective service registration for my wife

Also, noticed one more thing. I was never able to check online status. Always it used to show wrong notice number in red color. Today it's the same type of message but in black color. Not sure whether it makes any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sss

FormN400 said:
Received interview notices today for me and my wife. They have asked my wife to bring evidence of Selective Service Registration :eek:

I thought this was only applicable to Males ?

Got the interview notice 4/15. Scheduled for 6/20.
I need to reschedule it, since I will be abroad.
Does anybody have experience with rescheduling.
Do they push it by 1month/3months?

Today we also received interview notices schedules for 06/07. However we both were asked to bring evidence of Selective Services registration.

Wondering what to do as we have no idea on what it is...

My Timeline
DO : San Jose
N400 application sent : 01/18/2006
PD : 01/23/2006
FP : 03/25/2006
INTERVIEW ND : 04/12/2006
INTERVIEW : 06/07/2006
OATH : ???

areyosamba said:
Received interview notices today for both of us. Same day for both of us but mine is morning and my wife's in the afternoon.

FormN400, same here. They have asked to bring evidence of selective service registration for my wife

Also, noticed one more thing. I was never able to check online status. Always it used to show wrong notice number in red color. Today it's the same type of message but in black color. Not sure whether it makes any difference.

Online Status Check

I find the online status check is not up to date at all. I already reseived FP notice and completed FP last week, however it still shows following message. I signed up for email update, of course there was never an update email. How difficult to call them to check the status?

Current Status:
Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on March 1, 2006. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 330 and 360 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

SanJoseCA said:
I find the online status check is not up to date at all. I already reseived FP notice and completed FP last week, however it still shows following message. I signed up for email update, of course there was never an update email. How difficult to call them to check the status?

Current Status:
Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on March 1, 2006. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 330 and 360 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Usually, the status will not change for FP notice. Now that your FP has been done, you will notice that you will not be able to find your status online after sometime. That's when you will receive your interview notice.

Randyraj

PD: 11/25
FP Notice: 1/27
FP : 2/16
Interview: 4/14

I received FP notice today. The appointment is for 4/29, Saturday. Isn't it odd? a federal office open during the weekend - go figure it.

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 03/11/06
Check cashed - 03/20/06
Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06

McBV

McBV said:
I received FP notice today. The appointment is for 4/29, Saturday. Isn't it odd? a federal office open during the weekend - go figure it.

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 03/11/06
Check cashed - 03/20/06
Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06

McBV

The FP office is most likely a contracted location and if I recall correctly, it is closed on Mondays. Anyhoo, nobody has figured out how INS/DHS/BCIS or whatever they call it in a few years actually works :)

chatrathi said:
We just got back from our interview at San Jose this morning.

As stated earlier, yes, they do need the GC at the interview. The interviewing officer looked at mine and gave it back. All the information on the GC is actually in the form, but they do need to confirm that you actually have the GC (I guess!).

Hi Chatrathi
Can you please let me know how long (duration at INS office in SJC) it took you to get the finger printing done. I have an appointment at 10.00 next month.

Thanks
Sunil

Sunil:
It took approximately 30 minutes (start to finish). They are very efficient and pleasant to deal with.

Rescheduling FP

Yes i have rescheduled my FP, they push it 2 months. Ours was originally scheduled for Nov 12, 2005, i rescheduled it, sent in the reschedule request on Nov 1st, requesting a saturday slot. Got rescheduled notices in Dec 2005, for the FP date on Jan 28, 2006.
You could also give your FP early by walking in on any afternoon after 2pm, show your tickets to prove that you are going to be abroad and take your GC and they will do it.

ams_sim said:
Got the interview notice 4/15. Scheduled for 6/20.
I need to reschedule it, since I will be abroad.
Does anybody have experience with rescheduling.
Do they push it by 1month/3months?

We did our FP today and its a breeze. It takes around 10-20 minutes atmost. Our slot was at 11:00 but they took us in at 10:40 and we were out by 11:00

Anybody had their Oath today in Campbell?

I understand that there was an Oath Ceremony at the Campbell heritage center today (4/19). If anybody had their Oath, can you please post your experience here?

Also, given that the next ceremony is May 24th, when should one expect oath letters to arrive? We had our interview on April 11th

Folks

Thanks to all who posted for my response on delaying FP. Since it takes only 30 mins to an hour, it is not bad. I was thinking it would be more like those horrible H1 days of stamping :)

CZPHope said:
Today we also received interview notices schedules for 06/07. However we both were asked to bring evidence of Selective Services registration.

You can go online and request Selective Services to send you a status
letter i.e. whether you were required to register or not.
They have a pre-formatted letter on their site. Fill it up. Take a print out.
Attach relevant docs (like H-1 etc.) and send it to them. Within 15 days
they will send status letter.
--

rsh431 said:
CZPHope said:

You can go online and request Selective Services to send you a status
letter i.e. whether you were required to register or not.
They have a pre-formatted letter on their site. Fill it up. Take a print out.
Attach relevant docs (like H-1 etc.) and send it to them. Within 15 days
they will send status letter.
--

If you are referring to the standard text on the interview notice - I have been informed by some folks who went through the process that - it is not required off anyone who wasnt eligible at the time of obtaining permanent residence.

E.g. - you were born in 1965 and got your green card in 1995 when you were 30 - you are NOT REQUIRED to bring in any documentation - it is only for those who qualify for the service (which I think is maximum 26 or 27 years of age)

Hope this helps
--
Vpartha

vpartha said:
If you are referring to the standard text on the interview notice - I have been informed by some folks who went through the process that - it is not required off anyone who wasnt eligible at the time of obtaining permanent residence.

E.g. - you were born in 1965 and got your green card in 1995 when you were 30 - you are NOT REQUIRED to bring in any documentation - it is only for those who qualify for the service (which I think is maximum 26 or 27 years of age)

Hope this helps
--
Vpartha

As far as my interview experience goes they never asked me or any of my friends to show this letter. All of us were ineligible to register for selective services when we got our GC.