San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Thanks areoyosamba. Assuming the best case , [and probably best guess]. Would mid may be the time when we get interview notice or interview itself.?

-thanks,
CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
CZPHope, sometime in mid may. Again it's purely my guess. we never know with uscis

Baed on the previous approvals, I am expecting interview date itself around mid may. So the notice should arrive sometime in April.

Also, were you ever able to track the status on uscis site. I tried both the numbers mentioned on top and bottom of the receipt notice. I still get the same error.

By observing other previous approvals, I am expecting interview date itself around mid may. So the notice should arrive sometime in April.

Also, were you ever able to track the status on uscis site. I tried both the numbers mentioned on top and bottom of the receipt notice. I still get the same error.

Interview Experience

I had my interview on Friday (17th March). I passed the interview and got the "Congratulations" form but it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences.

First, I was there 20m before my scheduled interview time and my name was called 50m after that (i.e. 30m late). In the meantime many, many people who came after me had their interviews and even left. The first thing the officer asked me was, why I was late for the interview... go figure !

And then there was this issue of "Selective Service" Registration. I had a letter from SSS indicating that I did not need to register because I got my GC after I was 26 years old (I was 26y7m). The official selective service policy for registration is less than 26 years old-- I checked on the website immediately after I returned (www.sss.gov). So I clearly did not need to register.

The officer told me that one needed to register upto 27 years old. I argued my case but to no avail -- even showed her my letter. She claimed it wasn't sufficient and knew the rules better than me. Finally, she made me sign a form in which I wrote down, I failed to register for Selective Service. At this time, I thought my citizenship application would be put on hold.

And then more trouble. There were more communication issues over signatures, writing my name in cursive, Yes/No answers.... and the officer was being constantly rude to me.

And then she finally told me that I passed and gave me my N-652 form which indicated that I had passed and was being recommended for citizenship. She said the oath letter would arrive in about 2 months. Phew! I really breathed a sigh of relief.

Hopefully there won't be any other problems through the oath & getting the naturalization papers. But I am still a little worried.

Good luck to all.
-----
Timeline so far:
PD : 10-24-2005
FP notice : 11-27-2005
FP : 12-29-2005
Int notice: 02-03-2006
Interview: 03-17-2006

No areyosamba. Even I'm unable to check the status online. :-(

Looks like BCIS online database is either not current, or not updated.

thanks for your response.

-CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
Baed on the previous approvals, I am expecting interview date itself around mid may. So the notice should arrive sometime in April.

gazelle said:
I had my interview on Friday (17th March). I passed the interview and got the "Congratulations" form but it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences.

First, I was there 20m before my scheduled interview time and my name was called 50m after that (i.e. 30m late). In the meantime many, many people who came after me had their interviews and even left. The first thing the officer asked me was, why I was late for the interview... go figure !

And then there was this issue of "Selective Service" Registration. I had a letter from SSS indicating that I did not need to register because I got my GC after I was 26 years old (I was 26y7m). The official selective service policy for registration is less than 26 years old-- I checked on the website immediately after I returned (www.sss.gov). So I clearly did not need to register.

The officer told me that one needed to register upto 27 years old. I argued my case but to no avail -- even showed her my letter. She claimed it wasn't sufficient and knew the rules better than me. Finally, she made me sign a form in which I wrote down, I failed to register for Selective Service. At this time, I thought my citizenship application would be put on hold.

And then more trouble. There were more communication issues over signatures, writing my name in cursive, Yes/No answers.... and the officer was being constantly rude to me.

And then she finally told me that I passed and gave me my N-652 form which indicated that I had passed and was being recommended for citizenship. She said the oath letter would arrive in about 2 months. Phew! I really breathed a sigh of relief.

Hopefully there won't be any other problems through the oath & getting the naturalization papers. But I am still a little worried.

Good luck to all.
-----
Timeline so far:
Not to be pesimistic,
I hope you get naturalized soon, and this is the big possibility. However, I learned not to trust those bastards, they lie all the time. On the same date they told me i was approved , a denial was issued.

Just be cautious, nothing else, and good luck.

Suriyan, I did get the notice that following week, but no FP notice yet. Seems you have been always ahead of me some days, so hope my FP notice won't be behind. I sent the application 2 days ahead of you, it is helpful to track your progress and then anticipate mine. Good luck to everyone.

suriyan said:
I dont think N-400 can be e-filed (as far as I can remember ... someone correct me). You will receive your notice on Monday :)

Thanks... I will need the luck

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Hopefully everything will be just fine and this matter can be put to rest. At this point, all I can do is to hope for no further complications.

laststage said:
I mailed in 2/7 through certified mail and it took 6 days to be delivered. Big mistakes... The check was cashed on 2/17. Have not heard back since then. Do I suppose to get a notice letter? When did you get it? I have to go back home due to family issue this month and am waiting for FP notice to decide the exact schedule. Many thanks.

Hi, was wondering if you can tell me if you have heard from them yet or not.
I haven't received any notice letter yet. Check was encashed on 3/1/06.
Thanks.

DesiChap said:
Now the application # starts with WSC*xxxxxxxxx
WSC = Western Service Center ?
This used to be WAC, since when did they change this ?

The letter gives information for INS web page. It also says "At present, this site does not provide case status information"

Hi did you get your finger printing notice yet. I mailed my application a day after you (Feb 16th.. the check was encashed Mar 1st) and I haven't received the confirmation letter either.

San Jose Oath

Anyone, who had their interview in the first or 2nd week of March, received the Oath Letter.
Thanks,
Raj

Delay in getting confirmation - San Jose

I was wondering if anyone else is also facing delay of receipt confirmation notice for N-400? As per UCSIS my application was received by them on Feb 22nd but they haven't yet sent the receipt confirmation as of Mar 22nd. They have the right address too. I am concerned if it is just my case.

Thanks.

Application Received by UCSIS - Feb 22nd
Check encashed - Feb 27th
Receipt notice - ? (not received)

Todays date: March 22nd.

San Jose Delays

For those who are worried about the receipt delays - my wife received her FP notice today after a long delay - so there might be some scheduling problems in the system.

PD:11/25/2005
FP (cancelled internally by system) - 01/07/2006
(We got the above info using INFOPASS at the local office)
FP notice :3/22/2006
FP Date: 04/06/2006

My PD was 11/30 but my FP was on 02/21/2006 - For some reason, her FP got cancelled internally and then was resent.

I am still waiting for my Interview date.

Took are oath today. The ceremony is held three times in one day, with about 500 people taking oath every time! Now need to apply for the US PP and the India stuff.
Good luck.

update

rsh431 said:
Hi, was wondering if you can tell me if you have heard from them yet or not.
I haven't received any notice letter yet. Check was encashed on 3/1/06.
Thanks.

PD:2/13/06
ND: 2/27/06
FPND: 3/17/06
FD: 4/7/06

It did take a week for me each time to receive the mail based on the notices for both application and fingerprint. :)

Wainting for interview as well

I had my FP on Feb 14th 2006 but still not received interview notice, whereas my husband had FP on 2/23/2007 and his interview is scheduled for April 17th. Just can't seem to understand the workings of USCIS.

Is there anybody else who had FP done in the week of 2/9 to 2/23 and still not recd interview notice?
The National service center is of no use.

vpartha said:
For those who are worried about the receipt delays - my wife received her FP notice today after a long delay - so there might be some scheduling problems in the system.

PD:11/25/2005
FP (cancelled internally by system) - 01/07/2006
(We got the above info using INFOPASS at the local office)
FP notice :3/22/2006
FP Date: 04/06/2006

My PD was 11/30 but my FP was on 02/21/2006 - For some reason, her FP got cancelled internally and then was resent.

I am still waiting for my Interview date.
:( :( :(

Received oath letter

I received my oath letter in the mail yesterday.

Timelines so far:
Oath notice: 03-24-2006
Oath date: 04-19-2006

Interwait said:
I had my FP on Feb 14th 2006 but still not received interview notice, whereas my husband had FP on 2/23/2007 and his interview is scheduled for April 17th. Just can't seem to understand the workings of USCIS.

Is there anybody else who had FP done in the week of 2/9 to 2/23 and still not recd interview notice?
The National service center is of no use.

:( :( :(

I had assumed based on the others as well that I would receive my Interview date soon - (FP on 2/21) but where the INS is concerned anything is possible.

I used the INFOPASS to get the information (about my wife's delay) - I suggest that you set up an appointment and ask the local San Jose office rather than the National Service Center. Since I am travelling I have an INFOPASS appointment for the 10th of April - let me know if you find anything earlier.