San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Received FP today

received both of our FPs today. FP is scheduled for 03/25 (Saturday). Is FBI office open on Saturdays?

Received FP notice

Received our FP notices today:

Mine:

Priority date: 1/31/06
FP Notice date: 3/2/06
FP date: 3/17/06

Wife:

Priority date: 1/31/06
FP Notice date: 3/2/06
FP date: 3/23/06

areyosamba said:
received both of our FPs today. FP is scheduled for 03/25 (Saturday). Is FBI office open on Saturdays?

areyosamba - The FP office in San Jose is closed on all Sundays & Mondays.

Just FYI. If you are going for fingerprint at charcot ave facility in San Jose, Please remember that all online mapping services show it in the wrong place.

Specifically they show it on the wrong side of Zanker road. Maps show it on charcot ave north of Zanker road. But it is on charcot ave south of Zanker road.

Thanks tdesai, Randyraj and dad22

My FP is at Charcot ave facility. I will follow the directions you mentioned, thanks dad22

We too have received the FP notices yesterday by mail.

-thanks from me too, [for the on-line internet directions]
CZPHope

----------------------------------------------

areyosamba said:
Thanks tdesai, Randyraj and dad22

My FP is at Charcot ave facility. I will follow the directions you mentioned, thanks dad22

-----------------------------------------------
My timelines:

DO: SJ
PD: 01/23
RD: 01/23
FP: 03/25 @ Charcot Ave, SJ
Interview: ??

I inquired usps on 02/24 and just 2 hours later usps.com says it was delivered on the same day. This and your experience may suggest that USPS registered mail will never be delivered until you inquire! :)

Check is cashed on 03/02 but I have not received any notice. Guess I have to wait for the notice to be able to check status online since i did not do e-file.

Btw, do most people do e-file? That sounds a much better option but I did not know it until after filing.

suriyan said:
Hello SanjoseCA,
I mailed the app on Feb 17th by certified mail, and they received (as per usps site) the application just yesterday - Feb 23. I think certified mail does delay things, but I didnt expect it to be delayed by so many days. But, I did go to the PostOffice on the morning of Feb 23rd and enquired about it. The clerk was of the impression that it was lost in the mail or was stuck in the system somewhere. He asked me to wait another 3 weeks and to possibly send in the mail again. Luckily for me, it showed up as delivered that very afternoon. Am wondering if it was my going to the post office and enquiring about it, which made this happen !

Regards
suriyan

Hi,
I've just mailed my N-400.

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 03/11/06

I will keep you posted.
Good luck to all of you.

McBV

SanJoseCA said:
I inquired usps on 02/24 and just 2 hours later usps.com says it was delivered on the same day. This and your experience may suggest that USPS registered mail will never be delivered until you inquire! :)

Check is cashed on 03/02 but I have not received any notice. Guess I have to wait for the notice to be able to check status online since i did not do e-file.

Btw, do most people do e-file? That sounds a much better option but I did not know it until after filing.

I dont think N-400 can be e-filed (as far as I can remember ... someone correct me). You will receive your notice on Monday :)

I just received finger print notice (San Jose) for 4/1.
However, I will be out of station for the weekend. Is there any way I can do it before or after the designated date?

useful said:
I just received finger print notice (San Jose) for 4/1.
However, I will be out of station for the weekend. Is there any way I can do it before or after the designated date?
you should be able to go before and show your tickets to try to convince them. I think someone posted in this thread that they did it.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. The only document the person wanted to see was the green card.
The questions were from the 100 on the web. The officer printed a sheet with 10 questions and I think if you get 6 right you are OK.

Hope that helps. :cool:

sudoku said:
Applied Sept 3rd 2005
Priority date Sept 12th 2005
Fingerprint notice recvd Oct 1st 2005
Fingerprint date Oct 29th 2005

Interview Notice - Feb 2nd
Interview Date - March 3rd

I was getting worried that it might have gotten lost in the mail.

After Oath ceremony

sudoku said:
The interview was pretty simple. The only document the person wanted to see was the green card.
The questions were from the 100 on the web. The officer printed a sheet with 10 questions and I think if you get 6 right you are OK.

Hope that helps. :cool:

Hi !

What do folks do after they get their American passports. Are you guys getting the PIO cards from the Indian consultate ?

Thanks

Oath ceremony

Hi,
I had my interview on Feb21, 06. The officer told me the oath ceremony will be on March22,06. I have not received the notice yet. Is anyone expecting the notice too?

dad22 said:
you should be able to go before and show your tickets to try to convince them. I think someone posted in this thread that they did it.

i did it too. i showed my flight ticket and they took my finger print earlier. My cousin totally missed the finger print date and went 2 weeks later and they took his finger prits too.

didn't

sarpotd said:
Hi !

What do folks do after they get their American passports. Are you guys getting the PIO cards from the Indian consultate ?

Thanks

I didn't get the PIO card, did you