San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

FP done on 03/25

Called today to find out the status. Representative confirmed that both of our FPs were completed on the same day and sent to INS.

What is number to be called areyosamba. We also went for FP on 03/25. Do we have to provide any details.?

-thanks,
CZPHope

areyosamba said:
Called today to find out the status. Representative confirmed that both of our FPs were completed on the same day and sent to INS.

I have these two numbers for FBI
(304) 625-5590
or
(304) 625-2000
I called first one. You need to provide A# numbers.

After I called, I did not select any option. Just waited for the rep. Hope this helps.

CZPHope said:
What is number to be called areyosamba. We also went for FP on 03/25. Do we have to provide any details.?

-thanks,
CZPHope

Thanks areyosamba. I also called and confirmed that FPs were sent to BCIS. Now, I think the wait for the interview notice begins :)

Regards,
-CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
I have these two numbers for FBI
(304) 625-5590
or
(304) 625-2000
I called first one. You need to provide A# numbers.

After I called, I did not select any option. Just waited for the rep. Hope this helps.

I am still waiting for FP notice. Wonder why it is taking so long My PD is 17 Feb 2006. Anybody with a PD after Feb 17 received FP notice ? Thanks

Received receipt notice today. So far so good :)
Here are details:

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 03/11/06
Check cashed - 03/20/06
Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06

McBV

Received Interview Letter today

I received the interview letter today - Timeline so far

Timelines so far:
PD : 11-25-2005
FP notice : 02-03-2006
FP : 02-21-2006
Int notice: 04-03-2006
Interview: 05-03-2006

Interview finished today

Successful Interview today. -- Timeline so far

Centre : San Jose
Application sent on : 9/14
Application received on : 9/23
Check cashed: 9/30
Receipt Notice: 10/11
Priority Date: 9/23
FP notice : 10/13 (Rescheduled)
FP date: 11/12
FP notice (Rescheduled): 12/13
FP date: 01/28
Interview Notice: 02/21
Interview: 04/04
Oath letter: ?
Oath: ?

Interview

We had our interview this morning. It was routinue, asked for our driver license, green card, passport. Went over the n-400 form and confirmed i was still with my current company etc... I gave him an updated travel page(page#4) as we had travelled since filing the application. He asked 5 questions, asked me to write a small sentence. Then he gave me the result form, which said i finished the interview successfully and should wait for the oath notice for next month. He told me if i wanted to re-schedule i can, same as rescheduling the FP, which we had done as we were out of country in Nov.

Thanks for all the info the board provided. Now one last step before its all done.

Help please

I have applied N400 and completed my FP last month, and waiting for interview.. I have given my friends address as 'address for communication' in N400, who lives in the same DO, in anticipation of a short business trip. Now my employer wants me to send on a 4 month business trip to India. I have been living in this apartment for past 3 years I do not want to pay rent and retain my apartment, as it is very costly. Will filing AR-11 and DMV change of address to my friend's address sufficient. Is it a must to show PGE bill or Phone bill as proof of 'current' residence.? If so, I'll have no choice other than to retain my apartment...Please help.
thanks,
-CZPHope.

sjc_400_2005 said:
We had our interview this morning. It was routinue, asked for our driver license, green card, passport. Went over the n-400 form and confirmed i was still with my current company etc... I gave him an updated travel page(page#4) as we had travelled since filing the application. He asked 5 questions, asked me to write a small sentence. Then he gave me the result form, which said i finished the interview successfully and should wait for the oath notice for next month. He told me if i wanted to re-schedule i can, same as rescheduling the FP, which we had done as we were out of country in Nov.

Thanks for all the info the board provided. Now one last step before its all done.

Interview passed, N-652 received

I had my interview today in San Jose. It was a pleasant experience -- probably one of the best experiences in dealing with a government agency.

Got there 30 mins early and was called about 10 min later than the scheduled time. Asked for DL and GC and I gave the passports as well. She had gone over my application beforehand -- I can tell as she was familiar with the details. Asked several of the "Yes/No" questions -- not necessarily in the order that they appear in the application. Did not verify any travel dates. Did not ask any proof for speeding tickets. Asked me to sign the photographs. Then printed 10 questions and I got all of them right. Interestingly she did not stop me after I got the first six correct. I read and answered all questions in under a minute, I guess she did not want to disturb the flow!

She gave me N-652 with congratulations checked! and said she would schedule oath at the earliest available date. I asked will that be in April. She was not sure whether seats are available for April, but for sure in May. Too bad that we do not have same day oath in San Jose.

Did not ask for any documents other than GC and DL, but I had proof for almost everything that I had mentioned in the application.

sjc_400_2005 said:

Hi sjc_400_2005,

I have my interview scheduled this week. I would like to know info on the following:

1) You mentioned that they verified if you are still with the current employer. Any specific reason for that? I have changed employer after my N-400 application. Do you think there will be problem with that?

2) You mentioned you gave an updated travel page. Did you make a copy of page# 4 and filled in the travel details alone OR typed in a fresh sheet in the same format with details? Also in this sheet did you add the latest travel ( since N-400 application ) or gave all travel information including the new ones again?

Anyone familiar with this, please respond.

Thanks,
Randyraj

Last edited by a moderator:
GC at the interview.........

randyraj said:
Hi sjc_400_2005,

I have my interview scheduled this week. I would like to know info on the following:

1) You mentioned that they verified if you are still with the current employer. Any specific reason for that? I have changed employer after my N-400 application. Do you think there will be problem with that?

2) You mentioned you gave an updated travel page. Did you make a copy of page# 4 and filled in the travel details alone OR typed in a fresh sheet in the same format with details? Also in this sheet did you add the latest travel ( since N-400 application ) or gave all travel information including the new ones again?

Anyone familiar with this, please respond.

Thanks,
Randyraj

Hi !

Do they need the GC @ the interview ? DO they Keep it after the interview ? What if you have lost the GC. Can you still go for the interview ?

Thanks

sarpotd said:
Hi !

Do they need the GC @ the interview ? DO they Keep it after the interview ? What if you have lost the GC. Can you still go for the interview ?

Thanks

They need the GC for verification and will be returned back to you. I read in some thread earlier that if you lost your GC, you can take the copy of the application form you have submitted for getting the replacement card.

Randyraj

Rec'd FP Notice

My timeline so far --

App Sent: 03/02/06
PD: 03/06/06
FP Notice Recd: 04/10/06
FP Scheduled: 04/19/06
Interview Date: ???
Oath Date: ???

sarpotd said:
Hi !

Thanks

We just got back from our interview at San Jose this morning.

As stated earlier, yes, they do need the GC at the interview. The interviewing officer looked at mine and gave it back. All the information on the GC is actually in the form, but they do need to confirm that you actually have the GC (I guess!).

chatrathi said:
We just got back from our interview at San Jose this morning.

As stated earlier, yes, they do need the GC at the interview. The interviewing officer looked at mine and gave it back. All the information on the GC is actually in the form, but they do need to confirm that you actually have the GC (I guess!).

Which I think does not make a lot of sense either. They know that you have one once they run your A number. Well, I guess it is part of USCIS' spectacular logic.

I once return from a trip to Europe and I had forgotten my Green Card with my parents over there. I came back to Washington Dulles Int. Airport..no problems at all. They swiped my passport and it pulled up that I was a Green Card holder.