San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I had my interview today at the SJ office on Monterey Hwy. It was an easy experience. I was scheduled for 8:15am. I arrived in the parking lot at about 8am and was in the waiting room at about 8:05am. I put my appointment letter in the appropriate bin under window 1 and waited to be called. There were about 15 people in the waiting room. Right at around 8:15am people started coming out and officers started calling out people. I was called shortly after 8:15am.

Congratulations on completing the interview...Thanks for the update.

Congratulations Annie I hope they have a ceremony in November and that you make it. However, I don't think I've seen any post of oath letter for November :(

All,
I got the receipt note for my N400 sent on Jul 23rd yesterday. My checks were cashed on 10/10/07. That puts them close 3 months from the date that they received my application.

-Ours

Hi omorpheus,

Congratulations! I was pretty sure they would do right this time. I'm glad you've got the passport pretty quick! Now, ten years of not having to worry about this.

Hi omorpheus,

Congratulations! I was pretty sure they would do right this time. I'm glad you've got the passport pretty quick! Now, ten years of not having to worry about this.

Correct, but my journey with USCIS is still continuing :eek: I hope that one also gets over soon ....

What is the status of your son's N600?

Hello all,
Since some of the folks on this forum, who have a timeline similar to mine, have received their IL, I scheduled an infopass today.
I was told by the immigration officer that my case is in queue (they have received the FP results) and will be scheduled for an interview after they receive the Name check results :(

I am hoping that I don't get stuck in the Name Check maze ...

Hello all,
Since some of the folks on this forum, who have a timeline similar to mine, have received their IL, I scheduled an infopass today.
I was told by the immigration officer that my case is in queue (they have received the FP results) and will be scheduled for an interview after they receive the Name check results :(

I am hoping that I don't get stuck in the Name Check maze ...

Hi tullfan,

According to our spreadsheet, among those who got the IL late last month mahba has the latest PD, which is 4/4.
There are still 3 people who has a PD earlier than you and are still waiting for IL, so I don't think you need to worry now.
Just wait another 2 weeks then you will find out. ;)

Hi Omorpheus,

That's true. One way or another the journey continues ;)

The status with the N600 is that they cashed the check around Sept. 14 but they never sent me any receipt. I am checking what the progress is for San Jose, but I am afraid that the July rush is going to affect us and delay the N600 considerably. I am making my mind that it could be April of next year. Hopefully earlier if they get a good handle on things.

Good luck with your wife's application :)

Correct, but my journey with USCIS is still continuing :eek: I hope that one also gets over soon ....

What is the status of your son's N600?

Received Nov'07 N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Today (11/02), I received the N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony for November 28, 2007.

The ceremony is at Campbell Heritage Theatre.

02/14/07 : PD
04/03/07: FP
10/10/07: Interview
10/29/07: N-445 date
11/28/07: Oath

Last edited by a moderator:
Received our oath letters

Both of us received the letters for Nov 28th.

Good luck to others who are waiting.

I didn't think to ask at that moment but after I left I remembered his words about November "If we were/are having it" and realized that perhaps there will also not be an oath ceremony in November. Don't know though. I did ask if there would be no ceremony in December and he confirmed there wouldn't.

Also from our conversation I would assume that they are back to only having ceremonies in Campbell once a month. Maybe the Monterey office thing was a one time deal to clear backlogs. This is just an assumption from my part.

Thanks all for the great info in this forum and good luck to everyone.

Seems other places have plenty of ceremonies scheduled in December and January:

http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/cacd/g...4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument

How come San Jose does not have one in Dec and the Jan one is towards the end of the month?

received oath letter

I also have received my oath letter today (11/2) for the 11/28 Oath ceremony. My interview date was 8/7/07. This means it takes almost 3 months to receive the oath letter for me.

I want to thank everyone for the support, comfort, and information during this period of time.

Naturalization Oath Ceremony & US passport

Can someone please give some insight into Naturalization Oath Ceremony?

What happens and what expect at the ceremony?
How's the parking at Campbell Heritage Theatre?

I believe one can apply for US passport right after the ceremony.
Do we need to take passport forms with us or will they give us one?
Is it better apply for passport there or at a post office later?

Good luck to all of you.

02/14/07 : PD
04/03/07: FP
10/10/07: Interview
10/29/07: N-445 date
11/28/07: Oath

Congratulations! :) Finally the oath letters are arriving. Aramamurthy, with all due respect, do a search in this San Jose thread. There is a lot of posts explaining what the oath ceremony is about, parking and the whole enchilada. You can't apply for passport at the Campbell ceremony. You can apply later at a post office.