San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

If they started sending letters in the week of December 6th, atleast some one must have received the letters by now... Any one received yet, please speak up...

mnhrdc said:
. DOL Transition Watch : BEC Letters & Case Transfers

BEC 45-Day Letters
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.
©MurthyDotCom
These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.

Comments and answer from our Attorney regarding above.

Quote"
"Our office has not received any such "receipt letter" regarding your
application. I will bring this email to the attorney's attention, however,
and request he advise whether this will have an impact on your case. I will
be in contact shortly. Thank you."
UnQuote"

Letters from BEC to "Employer" or "Lawyer"????

Gurus:

I am seeing in the other forums that they are talking about sending letters from BEC to Employer.

All these days we were assumed that letters will go to "Lawyer" office.

My company address has been changed once after applying my GC. I am little bit worried!!

Please clarify me!!!

Thanks gp111 and others

I've been a silent reader of this forum for a while and must say the info posted here is just amazing, especially gp111! Thanks guys...

gcba
09559xxx
04/14/2003

How did you ascertain that there were no updates to the AVM ? Does someone have a list of RIR cases filed for a particular month ?

GCBA,
Is you LC approved?

gcba said:
I've been a silent reader of this forum for a while and must say the info posted here is just amazing, especially gp111! Thanks guys...

gcba
09559xxx
04/14/2003

Though the memo says letter will be sent by the week starting 6th Dec, I assume it might take longer practically. We can wait till 18th Dec or even a week more to know whether such letters are received.
Does some one know what would be the process BEC will follow once they receive a response from the Lawyer/Company. How long they might take to make decision on the cases where a response is recieved.
I also feel BEC will be grouping applications by company and then send letters as a whole instead of case by case.
Let us hope for the best.

labor_paines said:
If they started sending letters in the week of December 6th, atleast some one must have received the letters by now... Any one received yet, please speak up...

LC date

Hello GP111,

You were been helpful always. :)
Do you know what date SF DOL is processing now?
My one is 3/24/03

Thanks,
2wait

gp111,
My husband and I have approved I 140 and pending I485 applications contingent on my working where I do for another 2 years. He also has a labor EB2 (RD sf dol July 3 '03). If his labor gets approved in the next few months, we would have to file an I140 for his application.(9 months) What about the I485.....as far as I know, you can't have more than one I485 pending. Do you know anything about this issue? WIll this delay everything further given that he can't file the I140/I485 concurrently?

Thanks

3 Option Letter

How much time the DOL normally takes to respond to 3 Option letter. My RFE was responded on Oct 15 2004.

chinglun said:
still March 03 ... cannot believe it ! :mad:

Better Believe it... There is only 1 (yes ONE) person responsible of processing CA RIR SF DOL cases, others are transferred to BEC or got laid off (Who ware not ready for location change).

JRFF said:
Though the memo says letter will be sent by the week starting 6th Dec, I assume it might take longer practically. We can wait till 18th Dec or even a week more to know whether such letters are received.

Practicle expectations

Does some one know what would be the process BEC will follow once they receive a response from the Lawyer/Company. How long they might take to make decision on the cases where a response is recieved..

BEC simulation Traing guide says that. 1-6 is carried out by out-sourced consultants and fully computerised.
1. Team1(a) enters data into CAPS system, review appln for completeness,CAPS Will automatically generate a letter to employer/attorney notification (Bec 45 days letter)
2. Team 1(b) will renter or modify data from responses.
3. Team 1 (C) randomly check data for errors
4. Team 2 check for Prevailing wages and unduly restrictive requirements.
5. Team 3 supervises for recruitment effort for non- RIR cases
6. Team 4 reviews the recruitment effort for RIR cases by anlyzing documentation effort, cheks recent layoffs,if acceptable CAPS generates certification letter.
7. Finally adujudicated by Fedral Employees , The system provides remote acess.

If there no Virus and System failiures. and if documentations are proper we should expect a very fast processing considering the current time frame. This project goal is to clear 300k appln by end of 2006. and budget is around 18Mil.
Intially 45k

Now let me know your guess after 45 days letters are responded how soon you think the adjudication should happen. My guess is we may start seeing results from March 2005.

EB3 visa numbers Retrogress Confusion !!!

As if the labor certification process was not crazy enough now this new news on Retrogressing is driving me nuts.

I applied for labor to SWA in 5th May 2002.
it was transferred to DOL in April 2003.
H1B 6 years complete in Oct 2006

i understand that i can't concurrently file for I140 and I485 and hence cannot get EAD / AP etc. My H1B expires in Oct 2006. The question I have is they keep talking about this priority date, so is my Priority Date 5/5/2002 :confused: or is it something else

since they have retrogressed it to January 2002 . How is it going to affect me , isn't I140 taking 9 or so months. So can't it be expected that the I485 dates become current assuming my PD is 5/5/2002. If I485 processing is current wont' u immediately get approved for 485 :confused:

should i really be concerned about this atleast in my case ? :confused:

i understand that i can't concurrently file for I140 and I485 and hence cannot get EAD / AP etc. My H1B expires in Oct 2006. The question I have is they keep talking about this priority date, so is my Priority Date 5/5/2002 :confused: or is it something else

Yes your PD is 5/5/2002

since they have retrogressed it to January 2002 . How is it going to affect me , isn't I140 taking 9 or so months. So can't it be expected that the I485 dates become current assuming my PD is 5/5/2002. If I485 processing is current wont' u immediately get approved for 485 :confused:

Means you cannot file I-485 till the PD crosses 5/5/2004, which is likely to happen in next 5 months. You can file your I-140 now (once you LC gets approved) & file I-485 when PD becomes current (after about 5 to 6 months).. You may get concurrent approval of both I-140/485 by end of next year, or may have delay of 2 to 5 months in between approvals of I-140 & I-485.. If I ware you I would not worry too much.

GP111 and others,
Any inputs on this?

gcwait2002 said:
There has been no updates to SFO DOL cases after Dec 7th in AVM. I also tried Faxing to 415-975-4660 on status of my case. No luck. Is there any other mode of checking status of our cases with DOL?

GP111,

I have great regard for you, your answers, and knowledge, and to this forum.

I have been a silent participant (reading!!! ) of these forums for the past four years.
Current labor(PD May-28-02) stint is ongoing for two and half years and the previous labor/I-140 took about an year and had to end with a blow, as my previous employer was not willing to respond to a query(RFE) on my I-140. (Since I-140 was not approved, I had to apply a fresh labor with another employer, and forego my previous labor PD (Jan-16-2001)

I just want to find solace in your answers, as you are confidently saying the retrogression would keep advancing one month at a time, and not to worry, whose PD's are closer to 01-01-2002.

I am a bit skeptical about this, as I am of the opinion, that this retrogressed dates could stay at this level for some time, before they decide to move it forward. (In a similar note, I have read some where recently, that there is a possiblity that the dates could retrogress further backwards :( ) )

I do not know how these dates were moving when these dates were not current four/five years back. Do you have any idea of how these dates moved in those days? What makes you believe that the dates will move forward every month by one month? I wish these dates move. Thanks in advance for your answer.