San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

gp111 said:
You Husband cannot file I-140 on your LC.. What you have to do is file I-140/485 concurrently for you & file I-485 for him as dependent. .
He will be able to get H1 extension on basis of pending I-485

HI GP

Something is not correct here.
Dependents are derivetive benefits of allien. Spouse can work only on EAD as derivite benifit. Spouse can have H4 (no job) or EAD (Job), No extensions and Whatever happens for final adjudications will also effect spouse.
In this case If he wants to extend his H1 he has to Start GC processing himslef.

mnhrdc said:

HI GP

Dependents are derivetive benefits of allien. Spouse can work only on EAD as derivite benifit. Spouse can have H4 (no job) or EAD (Job), No extensions and Whatever happens for final adjudications will also effect spouse.
In this case If he wants to extend his H1 he has to Start GC processing himslef.

Thanks for clarification. I was under inpression that Spouse Can continue his/her status while I-485 was pending.

popoye said:
For the question I asked to the CA-SWA/SESA on why the case statuses will not be updated , below is the response I received

"We have downsized to only a few staff in preparation for our office closing on March 31, 2005. The few staff left will be devoted to shipping our cases to the federal processing centers between now and March 31, 2005. We will provide a transfer schedule when the information becomes available (probably within the nxt week). "

Not sure what she meant by federal processing center. Is it NPC or BEC> I Guess I ll ask next week for the exact transfer schedule on RIR .. Non RIR and dates etc and where these files are sent to.

Good Job Popoye, We may get clear vision in your next posting. And nice to see lots of ppl getting active and getting more info.(of course GP is exception:)

only US MS counted?

mnhrdc said:
Answer Fallowing Question for EB2

1. Do you have an US MS Or
Do you have BS + 5 years for Progressive Experience before filing this application.
2. Justification for this Job requiring Advanced degree
3. Equivalent higher Salary

If you Answered Yes for All you can be in EB2 Or else if your are Lucky they may overlook
By just having an Advanced Degree or 5Yrs of expereince may not be considered for EB2 without proper justification. If there is No Retrogression there is no Advantage in EB2 for now, Both processing dates are same.

Guys,

Confused a little bit. Please kindly clarify.

My ETA750A was filed with the requirement of MS or equvilant, however I don't have a US Master degree. I have a foreign MS degree and all the ads for my case stated "MS or foreign equivilant". In such case, can I file EB2?

I know in some previous cases foreign degree worked. Also most immigration websites say so.

So, is there any new law/memo strictly limit the application of EB2 to "US MS" degree? If so, please provide a link if possible.

gp111 said:
Wait for sometime, you will receive a letter (receipt) from DOL/BEC which will have your DOL case number, Received Date (RD), DOT Code & COntact Information.

How much time does this typically take. Is there any formula to convert the SWA case number into DOL code ??

fogman1 said:
Guys,

Confused a little bit. Please kindly clarify.

My ETA750A was filed with the requirement of MS or equvilant, however I don't have a US Master degree. I have a foreign MS degree and all the ads for my case stated "MS or foreign equivilant". In such case, can I file EB2?

I know in some previous cases foreign degree worked. Also most immigration websites say so.

So, is there any new law/memo strictly limit the application of EB2 to "US MS" degree? If so, please provide a link if possible.
Petitions seeking the classification of alien beneficiaries as
EB-2 advanced degree professionals present a number of issues for
Service Center adjudicators. This memorandum provides guidance
regarding such decisions.

What is an Advanced Degree?

An advanced degree is a U.S. academic or professional degree or
a foreign equivalent degree above the baccalaureate level.\1\

However please read this full http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2000_register&docid=fr03jy00-111 to get clear about EB2

oh my god! their job is just shipping our applications..no wonder jobs are outsourcin

popoye said:
For the question I asked to the CA-SWA/SESA on why the case statuses will not be updated , below is the response I received

"We have downsized to only a few staff in preparation for our office closing on March 31, 2005. The few staff left will be devoted to shipping our cases to the federal processing centers between now and March 31, 2005. We will provide a transfer schedule when the information becomes available (probably within the nxt week). "

Not sure what she meant by federal processing center. Is it NPC or BEC> I Guess I ll ask next week for the exact transfer schedule on RIR .. Non RIR and dates etc and where these files are sent to.

This is such a lame excuse !!! They just make their jobs more troublesome ...

seems nothing change in EB2

mnhrdc said:
Petitions seeking the classification of alien beneficiaries as
EB-2 advanced degree professionals present a number of issues for
Service Center adjudicators. This memorandum provides guidance
regarding such decisions.

What is an Advanced Degree?

An advanced degree is a U.S. academic or professional degree or
a foreign equivalent degree above the baccalaureate level.\1\

However please read this full http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2000_register&docid=fr03jy00-111 to get clear about EB2

Thanks,

I really don't see any change.

My understanding, if the job requirement on the ETA750A higher than (MS or equivalent) or (bachelor + 5 year experience), it should be a good case for EB2.

mnhrdc said:

HI GP

Thanks GP and Mnhrdc. Really appreciate your help!

Any recent approvals?

Last I heard was Mar20'2003 for RIR. any progress? The waiting is killing me. I am only 10 working days away. waiting forever

PD:Mar2002
RD: 03APR2003

Any updated news regarding May approval with case numbers. From last evening, it gives only ring tone if we call 1-415-975-4617. No AVM or response :(

Are you a RD May 2003 case of CA, mine is the same. But our cases are with BEC,
Are you checking whether May 2003 cases are approved.
So far no clear picture given from the Lawyer, not even 10% what discussed here.

So far no clear picture given from the Lawyer, not even 10% what discussed here

Srihar said:
Any updated news regarding May approval with case numbers. From last evening, it gives only ring tone if we call 1-415-975-4617. No AVM or response :(

Guys, any news about anything happening in BEC? Oh.. I forgot it is a Holiday Month??

JRFF said:
So far no clear picture given from the Lawyer, not even 10% what discussed here

Sorry JREF
I did not mention year. My case is May 2004 from AZ. When I called the AVM yesterday morning, it was saying that for all western states other than CA in SF they process May 2004. So why I put the question that any one knows about May 2004 approval. Sorry for the confusion

Ray S. said:
How do you know your case is with the BEC?? What official word did you get about your case W.R.T BEC??

Ray..
You can check the AVM by dialing 415-975-4601 & press 1,1 to find out official info about RIR cases of May-03 & Onwards have been moved to BEC.

gp111 said:
Ray..
You can check the AVM by dialing 415-975-4601 & press 1,1 to find out official info about RIR cases of May-03 & Onwards have been moved to BEC.

Hi gp111

Did you get a chance to check 1-415-975-4617 AVM. When I tried it just rings no reponse. Thanks

Hi srihar

listen to 415-975-4601 today, the message u wouldn't like to hear. it says for Az process dates are sep 2003.now,

thanks,

Srihar said:
Sorry JREF
I did not mention year. My case is May 2004 from AZ. When I called the AVM yesterday morning, it was saying that for all western states other than CA in SF they process May 2004. So why I put the question that any one knows about May 2004 approval. Sorry for the confusion

AZGC said:
listen to 415-975-4601 today, the message u wouldn't like to hear. it says for Az process dates are sep 2003.now,

thanks,

NO.. Sept-03 is for NON RIR cases... RIR is MAY 2004

AZGC said:

thanks,

Can you please listen one more time calling the number and clarify me what it means Reduction in Recruitment for all western states other than california which they process May 2004. The permanent application they process sep 2003 for AZ. I hope that the permanent applicaiton means Non RIR.