San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

GP111 & all ,
See the below information from www.immigration-law.com. Could you guys please share your comments on this? Any ideas about these 10k cases, i mean from what is PD they have chosen and which State labors they are mailing (SFO/PA) etc...

Thanks

--------------------------------
12/06/2004: DOL Inspector General Audit Result of Backlog Labor Certification Cases

The Office of Inspector General reports that it recently conducted audit of the backlogged labor certification applications and found the following concerns:
69% cases were misrepresented or incomplete.
84% involved aliens working without work authorization.
72% involved aliens without legal status.
The report thus raised a concern that many of the applications that should be denied would be approved because of the priority to eliminate the backlog. The report also reports the findings of pervasive fraudulent activities involving the labor certification applications and filing of bogus applications for the substitution purposes on blackmarket sales. This report is likely to affect the processing of the backlogged cases by the National Backlog Reduction Centers as these Centers should maintain a balance between the need for reduction of backlogs and the need for maintaining the integrity of the permanent labor certification applications. It also suggests that unlikely the general expection in the immigrant community, the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates and there will be a large number of cases that would be denied or required for additional corrective measures. Read the report.
The AILA has reported from the DOL information that DOL Backlog Reduction Centers would mail out 10,000 Receipt Notices to the applicants beginning from today with the request for response within 45 days pursuant to the labor certification regulation.

Information from CA SESA

I called 916 653 5100 and the automated message said,

RIR Current Date: Feb 3, 2004
Non-RIR Current Date : Apr 27, 2001

But shockingly, the message said " You status would NOT change between now and March 31, 2005"...

Why ??? Even with BEC etc. Why are they stopping the processing for 5 months. I have written to flcoweb@edd.ca.gov also.

Are experts here able to add the above info to solve any puzzle.

Just tried that phone#, a live person answered (foreign labor certification office!!). Just alerting that it is not just a automated phone line!!

popoye said:
I called 916 653 5100 and the automated message said,

RIR Current Date: Feb 3, 2004
Non-RIR Current Date : Apr 27, 2001

But shockingly, the message said " You status would NOT change between now and March 31, 2005"...

Why ??? Even with BEC etc. Why are they stopping the processing for 5 months. I have written to flcoweb@edd.ca.gov also.

Are experts here able to add the above info to solve any puzzle.

EB2 or EB3????

I really appreciate for your responses.

what is my situation???? EB2 or EB3

750A&B says min 3 yrs required with BS
I have more than 5 yrs exp and declared the same in labor petion
How can i file I-140/I485 in EB2 or EB3??????
:confused:

Thanks

dude123 said:
GP111 & all ,
See the below information from www.immigration-law.com. Could you guys please share your comments on this? Any ideas about these 10k cases, i mean from what is PD they have chosen and which State labors they are mailing (SFO/PA) etc...

Thanks

--------------------------------
12/06/2004: DOL Inspector General Audit Result of Backlog Labor Certification Cases

The Office of Inspector General reports that it recently conducted audit of the backlogged labor certification applications and found the following concerns:

31% has Proper Documentation

16% have Proper H1B Extensions

28% only have Proper H1B Visa with Employment, others might be without Pay Stubs, Lay offs , On Bench

The report thus raised a concern that many of the applications that should be denied would be approved because of the priority to eliminate the backlog. The report also reports the findings of pervasive fraudulent activities involving the labor certification applications and filing of bogus applications for the substitution purposes on blackmarket sales.
They would have seen many advt on Websites like Substituiton Labor Availble" or "Fast Processing of GC"

This report is likely to affect the processing of the backlogged cases by the National Backlog Reduction Centers as these Centers should maintain a balance between the need for reduction of backlogs and the need for maintaining the integrity of the permanent labor certification applications. It also suggests that unlikely the general expection in the immigrant community, the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates and there will be a large number of cases that would be denied or required for additional corrective measures. Read the report.
Slow Processing, More RFE's,NOF,Denials,3 options Letters & Less Approvals

The AILA has reported from the DOL information that DOL Backlog Reduction Centers would mail out 10,000 Receipt Notices to the applicants beginning from today with the request for response within 45 days pursuant to the labor certification regulation.
Keep in touch with your Sponsor & Attorney for reciept Notices, The Intial Batch of Transferred cases out of Philly,Dallas,SFO will start recieving Reciept Notices from BEC, We may be able to find FIFO after a while

Any how does not look very Positive

Please Note these applicants can be from any other Professionals like Hotels cook, Barber,etc. Not only related to Computer Professionals.

Hang in there to Hold your Jobs till you get your EAD's and Lapse of 180 days after filing 485

Look out for more from other Guru's

help4lc said:
I am talking to a company for a pre approved labor.
If we come to an agreement - I can apply for I140 / 485 concurrently.

However - what will be my PD ? the original priority date or the I140 application date ?

For Substituion Labor I140 is PD date and I am not sure whether they allow you to file Concurrently for Substitution labor. Please check with Attorney because my friend could not apply concurrently.

PD is allways tied up with the Original Allien

pk_karim said:
I really appreciate for your responses.

what is my situation???? EB2 or EB3

750A&B says min 3 yrs required with BS
I have more than 5 yrs exp and declared the same in labor petion
How can i file I-140/I485 in EB2 or EB3??????
:confused:

Thanks

Answer Fallowing Question for EB2

1. Do you have an US MS Or
Do you have BS + 5 years for Progressive Experience before filing this application.
2. Justification for this Job requiring Advanced degree
3. Equivalent higher Salary

If you Answered Yes for All you can be in EB2 Or else if your are Lucky they may overlook
By just having an Advanced Degree or 5Yrs of expereince may not be considered for EB2 without proper justification. If there is No Retrogression there is no Advantage in EB2 for now, Both processing dates are same.

Good news in Philly BEC thread!!

Read last paragraph..

12/06/2004: DOL Inspector General Audit Result of Backlog Labor Certification Cases (Source:breaknews of www.immigration-law.com )

The report thus raised a concern that many of the applications that should be denied would be approved because of the priority to eliminate the backlog. The report also reports the findings of pervasive fraudulent activities involving the labor certification applications and filing of bogus applications for the substitution purposes on blackmarket sales. This report is likely to affect the processing of the backlogged cases by the National Backlog Reduction Centers as these Centers should maintain a balance between the need for reduction of backlogs and the need for maintaining the integrity of the permanent labor certification applications. It also suggests that unlikely the general expection in the immigrant community, the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates and there will be a large number of cases that would be denied or required for additional corrective measures. Read the report.
The AILA has reported from the DOL information that DOL Backlog Reduction Centers would mail out 10,000 Receipt Notices to the applicants beginning from today with the request for response within 45 days pursuant to the labor certification regulation. :) :)

EB2 or EB3

Thank you mnhrdc.
Labor petition says 3 yrs exp min and BS min.
I have more than 5 yrs exp and BS degree. Labor petition filed with 7 yrs of my experience with previous employers and work experience.
I don't have MS.
with this scenario, where will i fall????

EB2 or EB3????

mnhrdc said:

Do you have BS + 5 years for Progressive Experience before filing this application.

If you Answered Yes for All you can be in EB2 Or else if your are Lucky they may overlook
By just having an Advanced Degree or 5Yrs of expereince may not be considered for EB2 without proper justification. If there is No Retrogression there is no Advantage in EB2 for now, Both processing dates are same.

no letter from DOL/Backlog center

Hi,
My labor was filed from CA in 05/01/03 and state was approved on 04/30/04.
A transmittal notice was received saying it is being sent to regional DOL on 06/05/04. There has been no further communication from DOL.
My attorney has not received a confirmation or case number from DOL. When I call the 415#, I see 3 cases were received on 5/6/04. How come my attorney didn't receive any letter?? Any idea what the status might be - did it go to BEC.....

rk

Update

Just now I called 1-415-975-4601 and pressed 1 and 1. It says for all other western states other than CA they process May 2004 for RIR cases. Till yesterday it was saying April 2004. I hope every one in May RD may fill little happy ;)

pk_karim said:
Thank you mnhrdc.
Labor petition says 3 yrs exp min and BS min.
I have more than 5 yrs exp and BS degree. Labor petition filed with 7 yrs of my experience with previous employers and work experience.
I don't have MS.
with this scenario, where will i fall????

EB2 or EB3????

I am sorry to state that your job requirement didnt ask for Advance degree or equivalent for EB2. What you have didnt count but what is required for job counts.

I called the 415# number and it says regional receipt date of RIR May 2003 or later and non RIR Oct 2003 or later, please do not call this office, you will receive a letter from Backlog center in 60 days.

rk

karnam said:
I called the 415# number and it says regional receipt date of RIR May 2003 or later and non RIR Oct 2003 or later, please do not call this office, you will receive a letter from Backlog center in 60 days.

rk

CA state cases - RIR from May 2003 and later has been transferred to BEC as per the message.

Other Western state cases - RIR is processed in SF for the month of May 2004. So my case is RIR from AZ with SF RD May 2004. So for the persons other than CA it may be a good news :)

man just missed it...
So all the CA cases have been transferred to Backlog Center -the VM says 20K?? How to track whats happening at the BC.

karnam said:
man just missed it...
So all the CA cases have been transferred to Backlog Center -the VM says 20K?? How to track whats happening at the BC.

No one know how many cases. But it says 20K cases for RIR from May 2003 and later and Non RIR cases from Oct 2003 and later. I think till they send letter, no other way to track it. But when i called 1-415-975-4610 all in a sudden one lady answered my call instead of auto system. When I said my case from AZ she transferred to some other person. But that person was notin his desk!!!

H1 B extension

Guys,

I have a question regarding H1 extension.

I used to work for company A .They had filed for my labor certification 3 years back . This got remanded back to state in Jun 2003 and I havenot heard anything from them yet. I know have joined company B which has reapplied for my labor from east coast. I wanted to know if company B can apply for a H1 extension based on the labor certification that was applied by company A. any kind of concrete information will be helpful . Also if anyone has done this please let me know.

Thanks

mnhrdc said:

If 750A & B says BS +3 years You cannot file for EB2...

GC23 said:
Guys,

I have a question regarding H1 extension.

I used to work for company A .They had filed for my labor certification 3 years back . This got remanded back to state in Jun 2003 and I havenot heard anything from them yet. I know have joined company B which has reapplied for my labor from east coast. I wanted to know if company B can apply for a H1 extension based on the labor certification that was applied by company A. any kind of concrete information will be helpful . Also if anyone has done this please let me know.

Thanks

Yes You can do that without any problems or RFE.. Many people on this forum has done it.