San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

BEC Software Problems

Looks like they are still experiencing Software Problem that prevents them from sending letters to Attorneys.
Source : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolwatch.html

Once they fix the problem, they may send the letters and wait for response and then start. I expect a turn around time (just to start the app) not less than 2 months and then to start.

Some how, got to hold positive on this, but it is not easy.

- JRFF

Come on man! Patience is at test :mad:

JRFF said:
Looks like they are still experiencing Software Problem that prevents them from sending letters to Attorneys.
Source : http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolwatch.html

Once they fix the problem, they may send the letters and wait for response and then start. I expect a turn around time (just to start the app) not less than 2 months and then to start.

Some how, got to hold positive on this, but it is not easy.

- JRFF

3-option letter replied 3 mos ago

Hi,

My lawyer recieved the 3-option letter more than 3 mos ago and replied to it, but nothing has happened since then. I hope it hasn't got caught up in the BEC transfers. Anybody has any idea on what might be going on? Anybody in the same situation?

wassup said:
Hi,

My lawyer recieved the 3-option letter more than 3 mos ago and replied to it, but nothing has happened since then. I hope it hasn't got caught up in the BEC transfers. Anybody has any idea on what might be going on? Anybody in the same situation?
I am on the same boat ,my reply was sent on mid Oct 2004.I am still waiting for the DOL GREAT WORKFORCE to reply....
This is crazy :mad:
Thanks

loma said:
Nope..No letters yet and till we actually get the letters we are going to get further crap excuses from BEC folks of software problems and like, all a big cover-up for their laziness.

The lazy bums of these DOL public should be flogged to make them do some tangible work. I sincerely wish the administration does something like that. Its high time they do.

They will not as DOL IS the administration.
I have been in this libmo for many years and it seems that everybody ( employer, lawyers, administration) are quite happy about that. The only person interested in faster processing is YOU.

USCIS May Abandon Concurrent I-140/EB-485 Filing Procedure

Guys, if this happens, it is a shocking news...

From immigation-law.com
12/05/2004: USCIS May Abandon Concurrent I-140/EB-485 Filing Procedure

The concurrent I-140 and EB-485 filing system was considered a good idea and initially welcome by the immigrant community when it was announced. The system helped the employment-based green card applicants and their family members to obtain EAD and Advance Parole early. However, the two problems have developed and surfaced with the concurrent filing system afterwards. One is the predicament it has created in conjunction with the implementation of AC 21 180-day rule which allows the I-485 applicants to change employment after 180 days of I-485 filing. The issue was whether the I-485 applicants should be allowed to change employment even before the underlying I-140 petitions had been approved. Such interpretation presented a number of complicated political, policy, and legal issues. The USCIS thus adopted a policy that the change of employment would not be allowed until the I-140 was approved. Since then USCIS has witnessed the backlog in I-140 processings and many I-485 filers have been trapped not being able to change employment even in compelling circumstances such as layoffs. The problem was exaceperated by the announcement and partial implementation of "concurrent I-140/EB 485 adjudication policy." Now the EB-485 became a hostage of not only by I-140 approval precondition policy but also by delay of EB-485 adjudications. Pending EB-485 applications, I-140 have remained unadjudicated in some Service Centers indeed for a prolonged period of time. Some Service Centers followed the concurrent adjudication policy but other Service Centers refused to follow the concurrent adjudication policy. The concurrent filing system thus stirred uproars in the business community as well as the immigrant community. The second problem of the concurrent filing appears to be that it has failed to reduce the backlogs. Moreover, such problem is about to face exasperation due to the U.S. Department of Labor's attempt to commence electronic filing of the permanent labor certification applications (PERM) and backlog reduction procedures, which are expected to dump a huge I-140 and EB-485 concurrent filing load on the USCIS which has already been struggling with its own backlog problems. Politically, it is a nightmare in that the USCIS is under a tremendous stress and pressure from the White House to achieve the Bush's 6-month processing time goals in less than two years from now.
In order to deal with the foregoing "two predicaments," the USCIS is known to working on strategies on the two fronts. The first is the so-called interpretation of the new legal counsel of the USCIS who disagreed with the USCIS interpretation of AC 21 180-day rule. It is a well known information within the immigration lawyers community that the new legal counsel was planning to release his legal memorandum to the effect that the EB-485 applicants would be able to change employment even before approval of the I-140 petitions. The release of this memorandum has been delayed for the obvious reasons. The second is consideration of dropping altogether concurrent filing policy which will also kill the concurrent adjudication policy. Since abandonment of the concurrent filing policy will be able to resolve all the difficult and embarrassing political, legal, and policy problems, unconfirmed sources indicate that the USCIS is seriously considering to drop the concurrent filing procedure. Should this materialize, in the coming year, the employment immigration community is expected to be hit by the two lightening rods: One is retrogression of EB-3 visa numbers for Indians, Chinese, and Fillipinos, and the other is suspension of concurrent filing procedure. Ahhhh........., dizzy.................................................

freaked out :mad: :( :eek:

Oh no.....shits....already @%#& with Labor Certification for 3+ years and now this $^#* will be additional 3-4 years !!! now i am getting freaked out :mad: :( :eek:

gc_us_k said:
Guys, if this happens, it is a shocking news...

From immigation-law.com
12/05/2004: USCIS May Abandon Concurrent I-140/EB-485 Filing Procedure

The concurrent I-140 and EB-485 filing system was considered a good idea and initially welcome by the immigrant community when it was announced. The system helped the employment-based green card applicants and their family members to obtain EAD and Advance Parole early. However, the two problems have developed and surfaced with the concurrent filing system afterwards. One is the predicament it has created in conjunction with the implementation of AC 21 180-day rule which allows the I-485 applicants to change employment after 180 days of I-485 filing. The issue was whether the I-485 applicants should be allowed to change employment even before the underlying I-140 petitions had been approved. Such interpretation presented a number of complicated political, policy, and legal issues. The USCIS thus adopted a policy that the change of employment would not be allowed until the I-140 was approved. Since then USCIS has witnessed the backlog in I-140 processings and many I-485 filers have been trapped not being able to change employment even in compelling circumstances such as layoffs. The problem was exaceperated by the announcement and partial implementation of "concurrent I-140/EB 485 adjudication policy." Now the EB-485 became a hostage of not only by I-140 approval precondition policy but also by delay of EB-485 adjudications. Pending EB-485 applications, I-140 have remained unadjudicated in some Service Centers indeed for a prolonged period of time. Some Service Centers followed the concurrent adjudication policy but other Service Centers refused to follow the concurrent adjudication policy. The concurrent filing system thus stirred uproars in the business community as well as the immigrant community. The second problem of the concurrent filing appears to be that it has failed to reduce the backlogs. Moreover, such problem is about to face exasperation due to the U.S. Department of Labor's attempt to commence electronic filing of the permanent labor certification applications (PERM) and backlog reduction procedures, which are expected to dump a huge I-140 and EB-485 concurrent filing load on the USCIS which has already been struggling with its own backlog problems. Politically, it is a nightmare in that the USCIS is under a tremendous stress and pressure from the White House to achieve the Bush's 6-month processing time goals in less than two years from now.
In order to deal with the foregoing "two predicaments," the USCIS is known to working on strategies on the two fronts. The first is the so-called interpretation of the new legal counsel of the USCIS who disagreed with the USCIS interpretation of AC 21 180-day rule. It is a well known information within the immigration lawyers community that the new legal counsel was planning to release his legal memorandum to the effect that the EB-485 applicants would be able to change employment even before approval of the I-140 petitions. The release of this memorandum has been delayed for the obvious reasons. The second is consideration of dropping altogether concurrent filing policy which will also kill the concurrent adjudication policy. Since abandonment of the concurrent filing policy will be able to resolve all the difficult and embarrassing political, legal, and policy problems, unconfirmed sources indicate that the USCIS is seriously considering to drop the concurrent filing procedure. Should this materialize, in the coming year, the employment immigration community is expected to be hit by the two lightening rods: One is retrogression of EB-3 visa numbers for Indians, Chinese, and Fillipinos, and the other is suspension of concurrent filing procedure. Ahhhh........., dizzy.................................................

changing job when getting into 7th year

Hi Gp111 and other Gurus,

My sixth year will be completing in 2 months time and I am expecting my LC to come within 2 month too. I am working for company A which has applied for my GC. They have also applied for my 7th year extension too.

My ? is can I join another company based on the fact that company A will not cancel my GC process. What are the possible ways?

Please inform.

get_me_green said:
Hi Gp111 and other Gurus,

My sixth year will be completing in 2 months time and I am expecting my LC to come within 2 month too. I am working for company A which has applied for my GC. They have also applied for my 7th year extension too.

My ? is can I join another company based on the fact that company A will not cancel my GC process. What are the possible ways?

Please inform.

Yes You can Join with them without any problems if the company A does not cancel the H1..

You can either wait for H1 extension of A to get approved & then apply for Transfer or Apply for Transfer with a proof of LC applied before 365 days.

If you want to process your GC from New Company ask them to apply for LC now ASAP, so that you can you new LC for 8th year extension in case Company "A" cancels / uses the earlier LC.

If "A" is willing to apply for I-140/485 do that also. After I-140 gets approved you can choose to go back or inform INS by AC-21 about change of sponser.

u r a gem...

Hi gp111,

Thanks for the reply.

gp111 said:
Yes You can Join with them without any problems if the company A does not cancel the H1..

You can either wait for H1 extension of A to get approved & then apply for Transfer or Apply for Transfer with a proof of LC applied before 365 days.

If you want to process your GC from New Company ask them to apply for LC now ASAP, so that you can you new LC for 8th year extension in case Company "A" cancels / uses the earlier LC.

If "A" is willing to apply for I-140/485 do that also. After I-140 gets approved you can choose to go back or inform INS by AC-21 about change of sponser.

Me neither. My reply was sent in early Oct.

dask_1 said:
I am on the same boat ,my reply was sent on mid Oct 2004.I am still waiting for the DOL GREAT WORKFORCE to reply....
This is crazy :mad:
Thanks

My RD is May 2003, attorney said, it is still pending in DOL San Francisco and they are not sure which cases are transferred to DOL and also no idea how they plan to process them.
Very pleasing .. Cooling .. answeres Huh!! :(
Ray S. said:
Has anybody checked with their attorney regarding case transfer from SFO to BES or NPC?

My Labor has been transfered to DOL on 11/24/04.

Labor filed: 12/11/03.
Assessmen Notice received: 09/28/04.
Response sent to EDD: 10/18/04.
Transffered to DOL: 11/24/04.
Notice of Transfer to DOL received: 12/06/04.

I'm not sure what this means. Where is my application right now: DOL / BEC / NPC ????
Please help me understand this. Also how do i get the DOL code.

bcshak said:
My Labor has been transfered to DOL on 11/24/04.

Labor filed: 12/11/03.
Assessmen Notice received: 09/28/04.
Response sent to EDD: 10/18/04.
Transffered to DOL: 11/24/04.
Notice of Transfer to DOL received: 12/06/04.

I'm not sure what this means. Where is my application right now: DOL / BEC / NPC ????
Please help me understand this. Also how do i get the DOL code.

Wait for sometime, you will receive a letter (receipt) from DOL/BEC which will have your DOL case number, Received Date (RD), DOT Code & COntact Information.

Can any one please clarify this doubt.
What is a permanent application that mentioned in the AVM when we call SF

Thanks in advance

pre approved labor / Priority date

I am talking to a company for a pre approved labor.
If we come to an agreement - I can apply for I140 / 485 concurrently.

However - what will be my PD ? the original priority date or the I140 application date ?

Srihar said:
Can any one please clarify this doubt.
What is a permanent application that mentioned in the AVM when we call SF

Thanks in advance

Permanent applications means Non RIR cases.