San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Did SF DOL issue receipt letter for lawyer change? I changed my lawyer early this year and my lawyer said they sent letter to SF DOL for the change. But they never got confirmation letter from SF DOL. Is that possible?

NEW UPDATE:
I asked my laywer called SF DOL to confirm if they have my current lawyer info. They said my case HAS NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED YET! They said it WILL BE TRANSFERRED to BEC. My RD was end of Aug. 03. Now I'm confused about what those 20,000 cases are.

Better have your lawyer call to verify if your case has been transferred or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
antonioa77 said:
honestly, i think a nationwide FIFO is not feasible simply because to do that BEC have to enter all the cases nationwide first in the system around 250000 to 300000 cases,then they begin process them. which means it will take forever until processing begins. therefore simply i think this FIFO nationwide is not feasible.

i think the procedure will be that BEC will begin first by the places that are most backlogged,one by one. then finish each till the end then going to the one after.this is my opinion. any thoughts?
antonioa77,

Although I don't have the full story of the pending cases at different regional offices, at first look, it looks to me that FIFO can atleast be applied to the most backlogged centers like dallas, sf and philly. I have also read an another view in the forum about philly cases not being processed for last one year and the impact of BEC on these cases. I personally think that BEC as part of their job, would have surely done the analysis of what the procedure should be..and at end of the day, we are just the audience.

cala said:
Did SF DOL issue receipt letter for lawyer change? I changed my lawyer early this year and my lawyer said they sent letter to SF DOL for the change. But they never got confirmation letter from SF DOL. Is that possible?

NEW UPDATE:
I asked my laywer called SF DOL to confirm if they have my current lawyer info. They said my case HAS NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED YET! They said it WILL BE TRANSFERRED to BEC. My RD was end of Aug. 03. Now I'm confused about what those 20,000 cases are.

Better have your lawyer call to verify if your case has been transferred or not.
that is very interesting.
my rd at sfo is aug 2003 too....which means mine is probably languishing at SFO.

My RD (RIR) is also Aug 2003, and my lawyer (Michael Piston) says it will take until July' 2005 to get my case approved .... don;t know what to do , don;t know whether my company will survive till then....sit tight :mad:

jnathan said:
my rd at sfo is aug 2003 too....which means mine is probably languishing at SFO.

cala said:

NEW UPDATE:

Cal,
When did ur lawyer contact the SFDOL
--murali

jnathan said:
How is it possible?

I thought all the SF DOL RIR cases after May'03 have been transferred to either of the BEC. GP111, do you have any information?

pleaseGOD said:
My RD (RIR) is also Aug 2003, and my lawyer (Michael Piston) says it will take until July' 2005 to get my case approved .... don;t know what to do , don;t know whether my company will survive till then....sit tight :mad:

I think it will easily be another 7 or 8 months before they get to Aug 2003 RD.
Until then I just have to wait and pray I have my job.

I asked my lawyer to find out if my case has been transferred to any of the BECs.
His reply was - "At this juncture, this information is not available. We are trying to ascertain when this information will be available."

cala said:

NEW UPDATE:

cala said:
Today. this afternoon. You may want to ask your lawyer to call.
I am way away. My Rec date is in 2004. Thanks for the update. It doesnot make sense to me. If 20k cases are transferred from SFDOL, the dates put out by others in this forum make more sense (Jan 2004, rec date, the RIR Rec date upto which cases will be taken up for Processing by BEC in the first batch). I guess u have to wait for some more time to figure out what is happening.
--murali

Help Please

Can anyone please help me in getting some status on my case.. Using the AVM, I was able to find out that my case number was recd in the Regional Office on Sept 15 2003... How do we know whether this case was sent to Phily/Dallas BEC... When trying the AVM again, it keeps giving the old info, that the case was recd. on Sept 15 2003... It is like being in dark, knowing nothing.. The attorneys have not recd the letters yet.

Can someone please help me find out more about my case....

Thanks..

Do we have any indication on the dates for the SFO Cases.. We have a start date of May 2003 but what about the end date for cases transferred to BEC's. Reading in this forum, we get info that about 20 K cases have been transferred from SFO.. But someone else said that their lawyers have confirmed that SFO Cases with Reciept Date of Aug 30th have not been sent to BEC...

i got my labor certifications today,
13 th .03.03
i appricate being in this thread for so long
which is next thread ? gp111?????

SWA contacts

Filing dt: 10/01
Federal: 9/02
SWA: 7/03
No news after that.

As you see my application is struck in SWA. Is there a way I can find out what is happening ? Does anyone know if they are ever going to look into those SWA cases ?

Unfortunately, our attorney/company is of no use. Please HELP !!!

tonysharma said:
i got my labor certifications today,
13 th .03.03
i appricate being in this thread for so long
which is next thread ? gp111?????

Congratulations TONY !!...Wish you good luck in your remaining GC steps..

here are couple of threads for further process

California Service Center I-140
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=80

485 Issues in California Service Center
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=99

GP,

How long it is taking on california for processing 140/485 applications? is it same as labor application? My application is RD Aug 2003, lawyer says it might
take 8 months to get labor approval. :(

Thanks in advance,

gp111 said:
Congratulations TONY !!...Wish you good luck in your remaining GC steps..

here are couple of threads for further process

California Service Center I-140
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=80

485 Issues in California Service Center
http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=99
:(

any more 3-option NOFs?

Did anybody with RD in Mar 2003 (currently being processed) recently get a 3-option NOF letter... Haven't seen a posting indicating if they are still doing it/not doing it/doing something else after all this BEC changes.. Specifically for cases in 151.031 category with less than BS+3 year job requirement.

thanks

vnvarma said:
Filing dt: 10/01
Federal: 9/02
SWA: 7/03
No news after that.

As you see my application is struck in SWA. Is there a way I can find out what is happening ? Does anyone know if they are ever going to look into those SWA cases ?

Unfortunately, our attorney/company is of no use. Please HELP !!!

same with me varma, from dol remanded to state, no news after that