San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Does a case filed with MS + 0 yrs experience qualify for EB2? or does it neccsarily have to be MS + some expereience for it to be qualified as EB2??

Hi HopeAlive,
Thanks for your response.
So , if a case is opened before Jan 1, 2005- where does it go ?
And how do you know if the case is "opened" at SWA or not ?

HopeAlive said:
I believe the key is: "up until" and "after". I understand it as - if a case is processed by SWA before Jan 1, 2005, it will be xferred to regional DOL office. If a case is processed by SWA after Jan 1, 2005, it will be xferred to Atlanta or Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a difference between case opened and case processed as in:
Case opened would not be processed
Case processed would have been opened and a decision reached in the SWA, after which the case would be sent to the DOL, and you/your lawyer would be notified when that happens.

Which begs the question (to HopeAlive):
with all the resources directed @ BECs, would such cases, as in, SWA processed cases and sends them to regional DOLs instead of BECs, ever see the light of the day if regional DOLs close as some have mentioned.

Even if they do continue to exist, they would only make progress @ a snails pace.
... making it harder for us to keep our Hopes Alive :(

waitinginlimbo1 said:
Does a case filed with MS + 0 yrs experience qualify for EB2? or does it neccsarily have to be MS + some expereience for it to be qualified as EB2??

Guys,
Thanks for your inputs on the EB2 "progressive experience" clarifications.

waitinginlimbo1, based on some of the documents I studied, I feel that the requirement of a Masters degree (which qualifies the person as a "member with Advanced degree") is good enough for EB2. The experience is not mandatory.

navdod said:
Which begs the question (to HopeAlive):
with all the resources directed @ BECs, would such cases, as in, SWA processed cases and sends them to regional DOLs instead of BECs, ever see the light of the day if regional DOLs close as some have mentioned.
:(

SWA Processed case after Jan 01, 2005 will go to NPC not BEC or DOL.

GotGC?? said:
Guys,
Thanks for your inputs on the EB2 "progressive experience" clarifications.

waitinginlimbo1, based on some of the documents I studied, I feel that the requirement of a Masters degree (which qualifies the person as a "member with Advanced degree") is good enough for EB2. The experience is not mandatory.

As long as the Job requires it.

cala said:
How do I know what category (EB2 or EB3) is my LC application?

LC is not EB2/3.. Its the I-140 Category... Based on Qualifications/Experience mentioned in LC you qualify for EB2/EB3

EB2 : Masters Degree OR Bachelors + 5 Years of progressive Experience
EB3 : Bachelors Degree or Equi. plus some experience

gp111 said:
LC is not EB2/3.. Its the I-140 Category... Based on Qualifications/Experience mentioned in LC you qualify for EB2/EB3

EB2 : Masters Degree OR Bachelors + 5 Years of progressive Experience
EB3 : Bachelors Degree or Equi. plus some experience

Thanks GP111.
What's the benefit applying EB2 over EB3 if I qualifys for both (BS +5 Year)?

cala said:
Thanks GP111.
What's the benefit applying EB2 over EB3 if I qualifys for both (BS +5 Year)?
If your Job is such that Masters/BS+5 requirements are not "TOO RESTRICTIVE" , I mean the nature of the job requires the Qualification/Exp then you should apply for EB2... Currently Both EB2 & 3 are getting processed at the same time but it is expected that in Jan-05 the EB3 Visa avalibility date (Min PD for applying I-485) will go back to Mid of 2002. This means if your PD is DEC-2002 & you get your LC approved in Feb-05, you will not be able to file I-140/485 concurrently in EB3 & wait for the PD Cutoff to become DEC-02. No Retrogression is expected in EB2 for now.

hope this helps

Visa avalibility date (Min PD for applying I-485) will go back to Mid of 2002.

Hi gp111,

How did you get to that date "Mid of 2002"?

Thanks..

gp111 said:
If your Job is such that Masters/BS+5 requirements are not "TOO RESTRICTIVE" , I mean the nature of the job requires the Qualification/Exp then you should apply for EB2... Currently Both EB2 & 3 are getting processed at the same time but it is expected that in Jan-05 the EB3 Visa avalibility date (Min PD for applying I-485) will go back to Mid of 2002. This means if your PD is DEC-2002 & you get your LC approved in Feb-05, you will not be able to file I-140/485 concurrently in EB3 & wait for the PD Cutoff to become DEC-02. No Retrogression is expected in EB2 for now.

hope this helps

Hi GP111,
What's the process incase we receive a NOF? i.e. re-test the market. How long does it typically take to approval (length of time) incase we have a NOF.
Thanks in advance
harikris99

Last edited by a moderator:
News from Backlog Elimination Center

(From Tomshu)

Some points from BEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/. All the about 30,000 letters will be sent out starting from Nov. 22 2004, which include Phil & SF Regional Cases. The whole process could take about 2-3 weeks however.

2/. Phil Regional cases will be processed first

3/. No SWA cases have been even considered at the time being.

4/. The rule for processing all the cases will be according to the priority dates. That has been updated since last week, it used to regional DOL's receipt dates, but not any more.

Finally I hope most guys from this thread can be relaxed a little bit after all.

file new LC after Jan 2005?

HI, all

Should the filer who can file before Jan, 2005 wait to file after Jan 2005 to NPC directly? My husband's case could file at early Dec, 2004. But the lawyer said there are some uncertainty to file after Jan 2005, should we insist on filing after Jan 2005? Please give me your comment.

Thanks alot!

-Another desperated soul on GC!

sarathynp said:
http://www.immigration-law.com/:
As for the backlog reduction tasks of the BECs, the DOL anticipates approximately 2 years to remove all the backlogs. Since the plan adopts FIFO processing principle, the backlog cases will be adjudicated in reverse order or counter clock wise in terms of the processing times. The oldest cases will be adjudicted earliest and the the latest cases will be adjudicated the last. Accordingly, the oldest filers will soon get adjudications,while the recent filers may have to endure a long wait to see their cases adjudicated by the BECs. Theoretically, the cases which are filed close to the end of the year 2004 can even take up to two years to get adjudication of their cases.

This presents a strategic question for the prospective filers of new labor certification applications: Whether or not it would be advisable to file before the end of the year 2004 or after January 1, 2005.

confused !

Guys, I find 2) and 4) below contradictory. According to the DOL website, Philly DOL is processing July 2003 RIR cases, so they are processing cases later than the ones in SF. Now, if we consider 2) to be correct, Philly cases will be processed first , but according to 4) SF cases will be processed first. Am I missing something ?

>> 2/. Phil Regional cases will be processed first

>> 4/. The rule for processing all the cases will be according to the priority dates. That has been updated since last week, it used to regional DOL's receipt dates, but not any more.

:confused:

basss said:
(From Tomshu)

Some points from BEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/. All the about 30,000 letters will be sent out starting from Nov. 22 2004, which include Phil & SF Regional Cases. The whole process could take about 2-3 weeks however.

2/. Phil Regional cases will be processed first

3/. No SWA cases have been even considered at the time being.

4/. The rule for processing all the cases will be according to the priority dates. That has been updated since last week, it used to regional DOL's receipt dates, but not any more.

Finally I hope most guys from this thread can be relaxed a little bit after all.

Does PD or RD really matter? If you have earlier RD, you should have earlier PD, right? Phil will be processed first, then SF DOL cases..still the same order for SF DOL cases

cala said:
Does PD or RD really matter? If you have earlier RD, you should have earlier PD, right? Phil will be processed first, then SF DOL cases..still the same order for SF DOL cases
Exactly!!

I think, PD or RD will matter only when the combo (philly/sf) is used.

labor_BEC said:
Exactly!!

I think, PD or RD will matter only when the combo (philly/sf) is used.

honestly, i think a nationwide FIFO is not feasible simply because to do that BEC have to enter all the cases nationwide first in the system around 250000 to 300000 cases,then they begin process them. which means it will take forever until processing begins. therefore simply i think this FIFO nationwide is not feasible.

i think the procedure will be that BEC will begin first by the places that are most backlogged,one by one. then finish each till the end then going to the one after.this is my opinion. any thoughts?