San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

How to calculate job experience?

I have one year experience before got MS degree. Can I still file MS + 1 year in my LC? Many Thanks.

qqy said:
I have one year experience before got MS degree. Can I still file MS + 1 year in my LC? Many Thanks.

No you Cannot... MS+1 means you have 1 year of experience after completing MS.

bayareagc said:
CA PD 08/2001
DOL RD 08/2002
Remanded to State (RIR to Non RIR) 06/2003, Sitting in regular queue,
Will there be any good news for me in the near future because of these
recent changes.

Please answer.
bayareagc
I am not sure but there are two possibilities...

1) DOL/SWA conside your case as open case & Process it after they are done with transferring cases to BEC/NPC ( 1st quarter next year)

2) You case gets transferred to one of the BEC when CA SWA transfer state cases to BEC & processed as FIFO based on PD

Need Urgent Help...

Hello Gp111 and others...
I am in a very challenging situation. Currently I am working for a company A which acquired company B in East coast around 3 years back. This company A filed my labor in california in early 2003... and as you might guess .. is struck badly in fed..
I recently came to know company B had an approved labor for my position...
I got that labor details... Now everything pretty much matches up :
It said Ms+2 years and xyz job resp
I had BE+3 and exact same job resp... at time of filing labor
I know education is a mismatch.. but lawyer says... it's still a chance

My Lawyer is saying it's worth a try to file 140/485 concurrently right now..
and in case 140 gets rejected we can file a new one assuming my labor in progress will be approved. Also she said since 485 will already be filed, we will not need to refile 485 in that case.

Now my situations is that... my spouse has got a job offer and we really want to give it a shot...

Please advise me in this scenario or if you have any knowledge in cases like this...

Thanks in advance :confused:

Case status

Hi,
My SWA was Oregon, and I think the case should go to Seattle DOL queue. But my lawyer says it went to SFO DOL queue.
I just called 415-975-4617 and 1 and 1 and enter my case number and go the following info:
"Case # 0959xxx was received on Aug 17th 2004 with xxx DOT code.
The status was updated on Aug 17th 2004"

There was no information as to which queue it was or if it was sent to any of the BECs.

Could any one please shed light on how to find out which queue I am in (don't know if it matters it goes to a BEC). And if it has gone to any one of the BECs.

If my case was in SFO DOL queue, it would have gone to one of the BECs (Phili or Dallas) by now as per postings in this forum, correct?
So does that mean my lawyer is certainly wrong/ignorant?

Thanks

nk01 said:
Hello Gp111 and others...

It said Ms+2 years and xyz job resp
I had BE+3 and exact same job resp... at time of filing labor
I know education is a mismatch.. but lawyer says... it's still a chance

My Lawyer is saying it's worth a try to file 140/485 concurrently right now..
and in case 140 gets rejected we can file a new one assuming my labor in progress will be approved. Also she said since 485 will already be filed, we will not need to refile 485 in that case.

Education mismatch may result in RFE or Denial of your case but if your attorney is comfortable you can try it ( file EB3 not 2)..

When your I-140 gets denied your I-485 automatically becomes unvalid same with EAD/AP. You have to refile everything with new I-140.. What your lawyer told you is not correct about no need of refiling I-485.

Only thing to take care is keep your H1 status alive & extended if applicable as you have high chances of denial & you don't want to put your self in trouble because of that.

Regarding your spouse, you will get EAD with this 140/485 filing & if I-140 gets rejected that EAD will become invalid & he/she will not be able to work till you file new -140/485 & get EAD.

hope this helps
Good luck

navdod said:
Hi,
My SWA was Oregon, and I think the case should go to Seattle DOL queue. But my lawyer says it went to SFO DOL queue.
I just called 415-975-4617 and 1 and 1 and enter my case number and go the following info:
"Case # 0959xxx was received on Aug 17th 2004 with xxx DOT code.
The status was updated on Aug 17th 2004"

There was no information as to which queue it was or if it was sent to any of the BECs.

Could any one please shed light on how to find out which queue I am in (don't know if it matters it goes to a BEC). And if it has gone to any one of the BECs.

If my case was in SFO DOL queue, it would have gone to one of the BECs (Phili or Dallas) by now as per postings in this forum, correct?
So does that mean my lawyer is certainly wrong/ignorant?

Thanks

Your Lawyer is not ignorant, but does not want to take trouble of replying / finding correct information. You Case MUST be in Seattle queue of SF DOL & till today they process both queues seperately (SF DOL - March 2003, Seattle DOL at SF - April 2004).

They are currently only transferring high backlogged regions to BEC & Seattle in not one of them. They will continue process Seattle Cases at SF DOL till BEC clears other backlog & then move remaining cases to BEC/NPC.

hope this helps

Case status

Thanks gp111 appreciate your insight into this.
I remember reading somewhere in this forum that SFO DOL will remain in affect till 2006. Does that mean that the Seattle DOL queue will also remain in affect till 2006, or is it subject just to the number of cases remaining in the BECs.
Or, as also mentioned, will the Seattle DOL queue ceases to process cases by Jan 2005, upon which all cases in the Seattle DOL queue will move to one(hope not more!) or the BECs/NPCs?

u looking for a job? I should suggest my laywer to hire you :)

Cheers

gp,

There has been a lot of discussions on this board lately. I think I got lost in terms of current labor situation.

Is it true that all cases in SF DOL after 05/01/2003 got transferred to BECs?
My case is in July 2003, really want to know what's happening.

Thanks,
nn

MY lawyer has replied

All,
As I said, here is what my lawyer commnted when asked him whether he has received any letter from BEC. Here is the content of email flow between me and my lawyer.

From Me ....
I just heard from the SFO AVM that, cases with RD(Received Date) May 2003 or after have been transferred to the Backlog Elimination centers in Philadelphia or Dallas. They also said, A letter will be sent with in 60 days regarding the contact information.

My RD is May 1st, 2003, So does it mean that my case has been transferred to BEC too. If so, Did you receive any letter in this regard.

From lawyer .......................
No letter yet. I don’t think this would be good news.

From Me ....

Why do you thing its not a good news. Did you hear any bad things about the BEC(Backlog Elimination Centers).

From lawyer ..............

"Your case was received in May 2003 – they are working on March 2003. I can’t see how transferring your file across the country and putting it into a new system is going to cut any time off of this. Apparently they are going to contact the employer in each case and ask if they are still interested. That will also take time. We’ll see what happens."

nogcnolife said:
gp,

There has been a lot of discussions on this board lately. I think I got lost in terms of current labor situation.

Is it true that all cases in SF DOL after 05/01/2003 got transferred to BECs?
My case is in July 2003, really want to know what's happening.

Thanks,
nn
I am not gp, but I would take the liberty of answering this one.

According to SF DOL AVM system, all RIR cases with RD 05/2003 onwards and non-RIR cases with RD 10/2003 onwards have been transferred to BECs.

When I called the DOL AVM recently, it was listing all the cases numbers as 'received' as before the transfer. Do you guys know which number you called to get the recorded message about SF DOL transferring 20000 cases to BEC?

My attorney just asked me for the source of this info, and I'd like to send him the number or any link. Thanks for your help!!

worker_bee said:
When I called the DOL AVM recently, it was listing all the cases numbers as 'received' as before the transfer. Do you guys know which number you called to get the recorded message about SF DOL transferring 20000 cases to BEC?

My attorney just asked me for the source of this info, and I'd like to send him the number or any link. Thanks for your help!!

415-975-4601
Take option 1 and then option 1 again.

GP111 - question about substitute labor

My company has suggested that I can use a substitute labor of an
ex-employee for my I-140 application.

What are the rules for using a substitute labor for a new I-140 application ?

Do the education and the experience BOTH have to match ?

My experience is similar to the person whose labor I can use . But he has an MCA while I have a Bachelors in Comp Science.

Would that be ok ?

help4lc said:
My company has suggested that I can use a substitute labor of an
ex-employee for my I-140 application.

What are the rules for using a substitute labor for a new I-140 application ?

Do the education and the experience BOTH have to match ?

My experience is similar to the person whose labor I can use . But he has an MCA while I have a Bachelors in Comp Science.

Would that be ok ?

What is qualification/experience requirments mentioned in ETA 750 ? .. Does it say Master + X or Bachelors + X... also do you have Bachelors + 5 ?

gp111,
are you asking about my ETA 750 or the ex-employee's ?

I don't know what is on the ETA 750 .

My total exp is 8 yrs and edu is Bachelor is Comp Science.

gp111 said:
What is qualification/experience requirments mentioned in ETA 750 ? .. Does it say Master + X or Bachelors + X... also do you have Bachelors + 5 ?

Hi GP111,
Last time I asked you a question like below:
----------------------------------------------
I got laid off early this year and changed status from H1 to H4, my H1 is reaching 6th year in two months. I heard I can still be converted back to H1 and get H1 7th year extension based on the pending labor filed by previous company as long as it's done within a year after losing previous job.

My question is, does the 6th year limit matter? I mean, can I still be converted back to H1 if my H1 reaches 6th year limit? Note I have a LC pending for over 1 year from last employment. Thank you for any information.
And you answered it shoud be okay as long as the previous company have no problem letting me use the pending LC, thank you.

Sorry for coming back on this again, we happened to talk to my husband's company lawyer the other day, and he said he is not sure as I'm on H4 now, he needs to check and get back to us. But as you know they never get back if you don't push them enough :-( His words worries me as my previous H1 6th year ends next week, and I'm still job hunting.
It should be no problem to convert me from H4 to H1 even after the 6th limit, right? Thank you very much again.

help4lc said:
gp111,
are you asking about my ETA 750 or the ex-employee's ?

I don't know what is on the ETA 750 .

My total exp is 8 yrs and edu is Bachelor is Comp Science.

In Preapproved Labor you want to use...

If it says Masters Or equal., Just get an education evaluation & also present your resume such a way that it shows progressive experience.

Good Luck

Lisa_t said:
Hi GP111,
Last time I asked you a question like below:
I got laid off early this year and changed status from H1 to H4, my H1 is reaching 6th year in two months. I heard I can still be converted back to H1 and get H1 7th year extension based on the pending labor filed by previous company as long as it's done within a year after losing previous job.

My question is, does the 6th year limit matter? I mean, can I still be converted back to H1 if my H1 reaches 6th year limit? Note I have a LC pending for over 1 year from last employment. Thank you for any information.
And you answered it shoud be okay as long as the previous company have no problem letting me use the pending LC, thank you.

Sorry for coming back on this again, we happened to talk to my husband's company lawyer the other day, and he said he is not sure as I'm on H4 now, he needs to check and get back to us. But as you know they never get back if you don't push them enough :-( His words worries me as my previous H1 6th year ends next week, and I'm still job hunting.
It should be no problem to convert me from H4 to H1 even after the 6th limit, right? Thank you very much again.

DO you have a job in hand ?
You have to file before your 6 year limit ends..
& I am sure that you can still convert H4 to H1 & use Pending LC to extend H1 beyond 6 years.

I do not have much information what is the procedure if your 6 years are already ended & then you want to convert back to h1 with extension... Why don't you ask RAJIV KHANNA (http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/contactUs.php) one of his associate will provide you further details free of cost.