San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

dude123 said:
Hi GP111
Thanks a lot for the valuable information you are providing to the people of this forum.
I have a question, unfotunately as my RD is 05/01/2003, could you please estimate approx time to receive letter from BEC and get cleared LC etc..?
Thanks

WHY Unfortunately ?? You will be the first one to get certified by BEC !! I ware you I would prefer waiting for letter from BEC then waiting for SF DOL to clear March & then April... ( It took SF dol 29 working days to complete March 10th cases)... You will be in the first back who will receive & Your case will be processed as soon as you reply it.

Is it worth changing employers for fast Labor

Hi Experts,

I have an employer who wants to apply GC from Wyoming if I join them. Is it worth now with all these changes to change the employer for a faster Labor?

Please let me know as I have to answer in the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance,

H1Babu

gp111 said:
WHY Unfortunately ?? You will be the first one to get certified by BEC !! I ware you I would prefer waiting for letter from BEC then waiting for SF DOL to clear March & then April... ( It took SF dol 29 working days to complete March 10th cases)... You will be in the first back who will receive & Your case will be processed as soon as you reply it.
Thanks for your reply gp111...the reason to mention unforunate is, the RD on letter from DOL shows as 05/08/03 where when I checked on AVM by my case # it says 05/01/03. I am in a dilemma, thats why I wanted know in both cases how much time it takes. If my RD is 05/01 then it will remain in SFO and if RD is 05/08 then it will be in BEC.
Any comments on this??? Also could you please tell me how long does it take in both scenerios???
Thanks again

Please Help on this very important issue.

Hi GP11 & Others,

I got my labor certifed from company "A" with priority date of Jan,2004.Also I have labor pending from company "B'' with prioriry date of june,2002(From California & Federal received date is june,2003).Both will come under EB3 category.By Keeping in mind the future of EB3 category priority date cutoff ,is it better to giveup the company "A" labor(already certified) and join the company "B".I will need to tell the decision to the company "B" in 30 days to join or not so that they may use for some body.I can not file the 140&485 from company "A" due to some issues until the end of this year but I will be able to file in Jan,2005.Career wise company "A" and "B" are same and no difference.Appreciate for the help in advance.

csrini1 said:
No democrat or republican is going to help the LEGAL NON-IMMIGRANT/IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY. I may sound little pessimist, but isnt this true?? think for urselves....

Agreed ... they are more concerned for "illegal" immigrants than us.

gp111 said:
I would wait for sometime , once other people start getting the lettes, try to find out in which BEC august 2003 cases have gone ( I am also August 03) & then contact them...

good luck..

I am Aug '03 too. Does these BECs have some other numbers or what?

case sequence process

GP111 and others,

Do you have any ideas how Certifying Officers pick up the cases for process with the same date? It seems CO skip some case number to the big number, and then jump back to process the small number, For example, they processed 1, 3, 5, 6, 8... without processing 2, 4, 7... After a while, they come back to touch 2 and 7, and then process 10 or 14. Do you know why?

WaitingonLC said:
Hi GP11 & Others,

I got my labor certifed from company "A" with priority date of Jan,2004.Also I have labor pending from company "B'' with prioriry date of june,2002(From California & Federal received date is june,2003).Both will come under EB3 category.By Keeping in mind the future of EB3 category priority date cutoff ,is it better to giveup the company "A" labor(already certified) and join the company "B".I will need to tell the decision to the company "B" in 30 days to join or not so that they may use for some body.I can not file the 140&485 from company "A" due to some issues until the end of this year but I will be able to file in Jan,2005.Career wise company "A" and "B" are same and no difference.Appreciate for the help in advance.

Since the question was not hard i fallowed GP's views expressed earlier:)

First congrats for having an LC which has been certified in 10 months.(jan 2004)

How confident that company B's LC gets approved without any issues?.
With current rate of approvals deffinetlly it cannt be expected before end of this year.

Think about (120 days AC20) if filed concurrently in Jan 05 (if visa current)

If I were you I would prefer what is in Hand than in Mirror (old indian saying)

mnhr
rd5/9

Last edited by a moderator:
mnhrdc said:
Since the question was not hard i fallowed GP's views expressed earlier:)First congrats for having an LC which has been certified in 10 months.(jan 2004)How confident that company B's LC gets approved without any issues?. With current rate of approvals deffinetlly it cannt be expected before end of this year.Think about (120 days AC20) if filed concurrently in Jan 05 (if visa current) If I were you I would prefer what is in Hand than in Mirror (old indian saying)

mnhr
rd5/9

Thanks for the reply & I appreciate that...

Company "B" LC is 50% chances since it was filed with bachelors degree + 2years experience as the requirement but I have shown my degree as bacheors degree + 5 years exp

Can you please explain what do you mean by (120days AC20)??

Thanks again

eternity007 said:
And I thought fate was cruel towards ME :) My RD is 5/27/2003. Not sure how long they will take to start working on the transferred cases in the BECs.

Mine is in same timeline.
Not sure when they will be picked up. I don't hope for atleast another 6 months.

Transmittal letter

Hi folks,
I am a little confused about something. My labor application got approved by state and was sent to San Francisco in October 2003. I got only a transmittal letter from State. I have the foolowing questions:
1. Do we usually receive any other communication from Federal office saying that they received the application? (Just want to make sure my application reached the fed)

2. How do I find out my case#

3. Is my understanding correct that my application has been sent to the BCE? In which case how long do you guys think it will take to get it cleared. (just a guesstimate)

Please help me out by passing me the info. I really appreciate your time.
ela

For me, I received a letter from DOL 3-5 month later after my case was transferred from EDD to DOL, while my received date might be one month after your case is transferred from EDD to DOL.
The case# will be on the letter from DOL.

ela6 said:
Hi folks,
I am a little confused about something. My labor application got approved by state and was sent to San Francisco in October 2003. I got only a transmittal letter from State. I have the foolowing questions:
1. Do we usually receive any other communication from Federal office saying that they received the application? (Just want to make sure my application reached the fed)

2. How do I find out my case#

3. Is my understanding correct that my application has been sent to the BCE? In which case how long do you guys think it will take to get it cleared. (just a guesstimate)

Please help me out by passing me the info. I really appreciate your time.
ela

Question for GP111..

Hi GP111,

I know that you are answering lots of questions these days. On behalf of all of us, First of all i want to thank you for your valuable time you spend for all of us. You serve this immigrant community very much that these lawyers need to learn from you.

I also do have a question to you. I am in EB3 and will defenitely be affected by INS retrogress early next year. Assuming that the priority dates go as back as 2002, my question is, in the past, how often does this dates move? Do they move month to month, or is it just struck for years together in the same date. Bcos, just like me, many people who are in EB3 will just file for I-140 and wait for the priority date to file their I-485. Give us a heads-off GP111.

Again, thanks for all your help to all of us here.

waitingforlca said:
Hi GP111,

I also do have a question to you. I am in EB3 and will defenitely be affected by INS retrogress early next year. Assuming that the priority dates go as back as 2002, my question is, in the past, how often does this dates move? Do they move month to month, or is it just struck for years together in the same date. Bcos, just like me, many people who are in EB3 will just file for I-140 and wait for the priority date to file their I-485. Give us a heads-off GP111.

Again, thanks for all your help to all of us here.

Thanks waitingforlca...Yes this is a great forum.

Moving of Priority Dates (for I-485 filing / Visa Availibility) dependes on USCIS policies... It should move every month ( thats what is monthly Visa Buletin for) as they will know how many EB3 Visas available for that month.. but mostly it will be once a quarter ( moving quarter by quarter)..I have seen Family dates moving randomly but do not have clear idea for EB.

My case was transfereed to DOL from SESA on March 11th 2004. I received a transmittal letter from SESA. So far, i have not received any letter from DOL stating the Priority Date and CAse Number.

WaitingonLC said:
Thanks for the reply & I appreciate that...

Company "B" LC is 50% chances since it was filed with bachelors degree + 2years experience as the requirement but I have shown my degree as bacheors degree + 5 years exp

Can you please explain what do you mean by (120days AC20)??

Thanks again

OOps and sorry for typo

I ment after filing concurrently for 140 + 485 you are allowed to change the employer for same type of Job after lapse of 180 days pending 485. (20th century Act)

-mnhrdc
RD 5/9/03

mnhrdc said:
OOps and sorry for typo

I ment after filing concurrently for 140 + 485 you are allowed to change the employer for same type of Job after lapse of 180 days pending 485. (20th century Act)

-mnhrdc
RD 5/9/03

small correction.. that is 21st century act ( AC-21)

mnhrdc said:
OOps and sorry for typo

-mnhrdc
RD 5/9/03

Thanks again & I am aware of this rule.

gp111 and others please help

CA PD 08/2001
DOL RD 08/2002
Remanded to State (RIR to Non RIR) 06/2003, Sitting in regular queue,
Will there be any good news for me in the near future because of these
recent changes.

Please answer.
bayareagc