San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remanded LC or New application

hi All,

First time user, great forum!

I'm located in So Cal. My LC was remanded to SESA (SWA) with PD of 7/2001. If I've an option of moving to a different company, which will file a new LC for me -- which application has a better chance of passing ? Is the remanded application completely dead ? OR can PERM or other regulations ever give a "Lift" to an application which is already three yrs old. My 6 years expire in April 2006.

-- Thanks

Re: Remanded LC or New application

Originally posted by gc_help04
hi All,

First time user, great forum!

I'm located in So Cal. My LC was remanded to SESA (SWA) with PD of 7/2001. If I've an option of moving to a different company, which will file a new LC for me -- which application has a better chance of passing ? Is the remanded application completely dead ? OR can PERM or other regulations ever give a "Lift" to an application which is already three yrs old. My 6 years expire in April 2006.

-- Thanks

Which state is your other company filing LC from?

I would have your present attorney check on the status of your present LC. Since remanded applications are being reviewed, I would find out from the attorney what your chances are with your present LC.

PERM will most likely be available by the end of this year.
So you dont have to worry about yor H-1 expiring.

concurrent I 140 & I 485

I am expecting my LC in couple of months...

How much time it will take to get the EAD after filing the concurrent I 140 & I 485 .

And when can I add my wife to the GC processsing.. and also please let me know the Required documents for the concurrent I 140 & I 485 filing.

DOL approval letter

Can anyone tell me, how much time it takes to recieve the DOL approval letter once the application has been approved?

Re: Waitinginline

Originally posted by Titan01
2 to 3 weeks

Is it true that some people have lost their DOL approval letter in mail? What are the options then?

Mine was approved in last week of April.

hi, I'm new in here, I saw you guys post your DOT code.

Does the DOT Code have any meaning?

Thanks.

-lj

Certified Fainally!!!!!!

Hi,
My case was certified finally...!!

Case Details:
SESA PD - Dec 15th 2001
DOL PD - Nov 20th 2002
NOF issued by DOL - First week of Dec 2003
Replied after retesting the market - Jan 29th 2004
Certified - 04/23/04

DOT Code: 999.151.031
Mid-size company located in bay area. No lay-offs. 3 more cases from my company with same case details as mine have been approved recently.

This thread has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and information.
Good luck to all of you.
I will be applying I140/485 concurrently. Hope to see you all in the that thread soon.

Thanks
WaintinInHell.......:cool:

Re: Certified Fainally!!!!!!

Congratulations! So now, your waiting-in-hell is over :)

Originally posted by WaitingInHell
Hi,
My case was certified finally...!!

Case Details:
SESA PD - Dec 15th 2001
DOL PD - Nov 20th 2002
NOF issued by DOL - First week of Dec 2003
Replied after retesting the market - Jan 29th 2004
Certified - 04/23/04

DOT Code: 999.151.031
Mid-size company located in bay area. No lay-offs. 3 more cases from my company with same case details as mine have been approved recently.

This thread has been very helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and information.
Good luck to all of you.
I will be applying I140/485 concurrently. Hope to see you all in the that thread soon.

Thanks
WaintinInHell.......:cool:

Re: Re: Certified Fainally!!!!!!

Ya, you can say that! :D

But with a big "BUT"…I still have two more steps to go thru...you know how those things are crawling...still in hell until you get the physical card. But it's a big relief in a way, though!

Originally posted by worker_bee
Congratulations! So now, your waiting-in-hell is over :)

H1B 6 Year Completion Question

Could anyone (especially who are in 6th, 7th year of H1B) tell me when H1B 6 years are suppposed to complete. Is the date same as when H1 was issued in india? Or is it when H1 LCA was applied?

In my case, I came here in December but my visa expires in August so I'm getting 5 and half year instead of 6. I checked and found that my LCA was applied in August.

Please enlighten me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Certified Fainally!!!!!!

Congratulations!

here is my Case details:
SESA Priority Date: Nov-2001
SESA to DOL date: Nov-2002
DOL Received date: Dec-07-2002
RFE Issued by DOL: Apr-25-2004

Job requirement: BS with 0 Exp(No experience metioned)
DOT Code: 999.151-032

When you retested did you add experince or technical things to your advertisement?

-Tobi

Ya, you can say that! :D

But with a big "BUT"…I still have two more steps to go thru...you know how those things are crawling...still in hell until you get the physical card. But it's a big relief in a way, though!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Certified Fainally!!!!!!

You should have received an NOF letter from the DOL…it says you can add more information to the ad (about the job responsibilities/requirements). But it shouldn't deviate too much from the original ad so to make it look like a new posting altogether. I would suggest you should run the same ad to avoid any problems with the DOL. You know how these things work with DOL. To answer your question, yes, I ran the same ad and in the same newspaper.

Hope the info helps you.

Note: I also replied to your PM. The response contain the same info.

Originally posted by tobi2004
Congratulations!

here is my Case details:
SESA Priority Date: Nov-2001
SESA to DOL date: Nov-2002
DOL Received date: Dec-07-2002
RFE Issued by DOL: Apr-25-2004

Job requirement: BS with 0 Exp(No experience metioned)
DOT Code: 999.151-032

When you retested did you add experince or technical things to your advertisement?

-Tobi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Certified Fainally!!!!!!

Thanks for suggestion.
What was the years experience in your ad?
If I put BS+0 chances fo apporval may be low.

-tobi
You should have received an NOF letter from the DOL…it says you can add more information to the ad (about the job responsibilities/requirements). But it shouldn't deviate too much from the original ad so to make it look like a new posting altogether. I would suggest you should run the same ad to avoid any problems with the DOL. You know how these things work with DOL. To answer your question, yes, I ran the same ad and in the same newspaper.

Hope the info helps you.

Note: I also replied to your PM. The response contain the same info.

Re: H1B 6 Year Completion Question

Your "H1-B" clock starts the day you first landed in US. It's not when your case was filed or approved or visa stamped/approved.

You came here in Dec but your current visa is expiring in Aug may just be a coincidence or may be the random visa increments caused it.

The definition of 6 years H1-B is the absolute number of days/years that you physically stayed in US. You can claim all your vacation days that you spend outside US if you think you fall short of the 1 year (DOL) limit to get 7th year extension. Otherwise, file for regular extension or 7th year extension.

Hope it "enlightens" you.

Originally posted by DesiPardesii
Could anyone (especially who are in 6th, 7th year of H1B) tell me when H1B 6 years are suppposed to complete. Is the date same as when H1 was issued in india? Or is it when H1 LCA was applied?

In my case, I came here in December but my visa expires in August so I'm getting 5 and half year instead of 6. I checked and found that my LCA was applied in August.

Please enlighten me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Certified Fainally!!!!!!

The ad was very simple and precise. All it says, "The Company is looking for a S/W engineer. Check the website for a detailed job description." (Not the exact words, though!).

But generally, no one runs the ad more than one line (may be 2 including the phone number and the company website URL). Remember, the job posting should also be posted on your company website.

I didn't understand the second part of the question - "If I put BS+0.....". You get NOF either your company laid off in the past or the job requirement itself is BS+0/MS+0.

-----------------------------------------------------
I am not a lawyer…these preaches are either from my experience or my friends’. Always consult your attorney for a legal advice.
-----------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tobi2004
Thanks for suggestion.
What was the years experience in your ad?
If I put BS+0 chances fo apporval may be low.

-tobi

Status
Not open for further replies.