San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Does anyone know a company/consulting firm who is looking for someone with Actuate experience, and has a cleared labour that can be used.

I work for Actuate and have 4+ years of experience..

Thanks.

Hi bp333,
Here are some options you can try with your current employer -

1> Check if they have lobor substitution for you.
2> Check if they can relocate you to different state where labor clearance is faster than CA.

All the best,
apms

Originally posted by bp333
Hi All,
I am a new user. I am one of those unfortunate guys who cases got remanded. Mine has been remanded on June'17, 2003.

Case Details:
SESA filing date: Sep'2001
DOL received on: Aug'02
DOT Code: 999.151.041
Degree: BE
Job Requires: No experience, with atleast BE.

As per the new guidelines the chances of getting recalled are very slim. I have been working in this company for about 4+ years now, my question to you folks out there is it worth staying in this company and hope it might get approved in the Regular queue? Looks like the SESA is stuck in April'01 forever.

Looks like its better of to find a new job, and start all-over, in that way I am assuming that we can use the experice gained so far and the case would be stronger as well.

Are there any options to look for before I quit this job. Like relocation, getting promoted will any one of these help getting the labour cleared?

Thanks.

To Bp333

I think it will depend on how good is your employer doing? How good is this company financially? Did it have any layoffs during last two years? Is the HR willing to retest the market and do whatever they could do to save your case.

If most of answers to the questions above are negtive, you'd better start to look for new job and start it all over. The sooner the better.

Hi All,
I am a new user. I am one of those unfortunate guys who cases got remanded. Mine has been remanded on June'17, 2003.

Case Details:
SESA filing date: Sep'2001
DOL received on: Aug'02
DOT Code: 999.151.041
Degree: BE
Job Requires: No experience, with atleast BE.

As per the new guidelines the chances of getting recalled are very slim. I have been working in this company for about 4+ years now, my question to you folks out there is it worth staying in this company and hope it might get approved in the Regular queue? Looks like the SESA is stuck in April'01 forever.

Looks like its better of to find a new job, and start all-over, in that way I am assuming that we can use the experice gained so far and the case would be stronger as well.

Are there any options to look for before I quit this job. Like relocation, getting promoted will any one of these help getting the labour cleared?

Thanks.

Hi Charlie2003, amps

Thanks for your responses. Here are some of my concerns.

1. Unfortunatly our company does not have any approved labors that I can make use of.

2. Moving to Minneaplis is an option I can look into, but I cannot use the experience gained so far with the same company and have to file in in regular?

3. Also, If i quit and join a new company and start all over, how does the new forth-coming PERM rules affect the case for new applicants.

4. Is it worth to stick with the current employer and expect the case to get approved in the regular queue (as it was remanded for regular processing)?

BTW, the company had no lay-offs in the past 2 years, coming to the revenue we are OK not great, kinda flat from Qtr to Qtr.

Please advice.

Thanks again.

kavi2000_74,

DOL representatives will not share any info on the case details/status with the beneficiary.

To Bp333

Hi Charlie2003, amps

Thanks for your responses. Here are some of my concerns.

1. Unfortunatly our company does not have any approved labors that I can make use of.

So, forget it.

2. Moving to Minneaplis is an option I can look into, but I cannot use the experience gained so far with the same company and have to file in in regular?
No, you cannot use the experience gained form current company for LC.

3. Also, If i quit and join a new company and start all over, how does the new forth-coming PERM rules affect the case for new applicants.

I have no idea about PERM. My suggestion is forget about PERM at this moment. I do not think it will be coming soon. Maybe never.

4. Is it worth to stick with the current employer and expect the case to get approved in the regular queue (as it was remanded for regular processing)?

BTW, the company had no lay-offs in the past 2 years, coming to the revenue we are OK not great, kinda flat from Qtr to Qtr.
If you comany is stable enough, you may stay with it. At least you keep you priority data.

On the other hand, if you did have 3 year experience before you join your current company, you may ask you HR and Lawyer to request to do some modification for your current case. For eg, change the job requrement to Bachelor + 3 year or Master + 6month. But DOL will ask your company and lawyer to retest the market and the lawyer has to persuade the DOL that only you fit the job requirement in current job marcket, which may be difficult.

So in short, if you did not have any experience before you join this company, it is high time to consider a new start. Good luck!

To Bp333

I think charlie2003 answered most of your questions and gave you most of the options you have.

One more option you have is to find out a company which can do a future employment GC for you and start the GC with them. You can continue working for the current company and join the future employer once the Green Card is apporoved.

good luck,

Yes, it is very true. However, the question is, where could you find this kind of company? If anyone found one, do tell me please. I happen to be looking for one. :)
To Bp333

I think charlie2003 answered most of your questions and gave you most of the options you have.

One more option you have is to find out a company which can do a future employment GC for you and start the GC with them. You can continue working for the current company and join the future employer once the Green Card is apporoved.

good luck,

Originally posted by charlie2003
Yes, it is very true. However, the question is, where could you find this kind of company? If anyone found one, do tell me please. I happen to be looking for one. :)

I know, but no body can help us in this. we are on our own :)

can anybody give me a good lawyer's contact information? i'm planning to change my current lawyer. any helpful information is greatly appreciated.

I second Raj. Those people out there who had their labor certifications approved after a remand, please post your timeline. It will help others know where they stand.

I think I need an aspirin :)

I am in a confused state now :) My case status got changed to "returned from state after remand" from "remanded to state" on 12/10/2003, it was remanded to state on 06/26/2003.

I been waiting for this LC from past 2 years and gave up hopes when it got remanded to state. I am currently on 7th year H1-B extension. I am about to switch (final stage) to new employer who has offered approved LC (substitute) for me to use but now all of sudden I see my LC from current employer started moving.

I am very happy with my current employer and I am only changing because of LC only. I am very confused now and started thinking whether I should stay with my current employer and wait for the LC which filed on my name OR go ahead and move to new employer and file 140/485/EAD immediately.

Any one in similar situation :) , please advise

Thanks in advance
Krishna
DOT code: 999-151-031
PD: 09/11/2001
DOl RD: 09/09/2002
returned to SWA: 06/26/2003
got back to DOL: 12/10/2003

Krishna,

Original LC is better than substituted LC. If you like your present employer, stick with them, especially after this good news. Since your case was returned to DOL after remand, you have a very good chance that your labor will get approved by DOL. You might do good to wait for a couple of months before switching jobs and trying the substitute LC option. See if you can request your new employer to hang on till then.

Any update on DOL receipts?
Anyone got receipt from DOL recently? My case was transmitted from SESA to DOL in Aug, 03. I havn't got anything from DOL yet.

Certified!

RD: 8/28/02
Remend to state on 6/23/03
Returned from state on 12/10/03
Certified on 12/17/03

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Fliu !
Please share details with us like DOT code, Dgree and num of years experience required.
Thanks,
apms

Status
Not open for further replies.