San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Varma,

Its interesting.But little bit confused.Yr DOL receipt is march 2002.And its remanded on july 16th 2003.My DOL receipt date is
sep 2002.Its remanded on July 10th.How does the remanding works??I am also having the same DOT code,same bay area??

Regards
Raj

Confusing

I don't know, the Rd and the Remanded date does not add up to the normal cases. Varma's case might be one of them where DOL just sat on it for a while and then remanded suddenly.
The general trend for DOL during the July 2 week remands where the OCTOBER Rd Cases.

RE: hope it's not a rumor

Varma2002,

I too hope its not a rumour. Thanks for giving your information.

Assuming you were in EB2/RIR, could you please tell what
was job requirement for your position? MS + how many, and how much you actually have?

thanks!

Jai Hanuman

"has been returned by the State after a remand"

Inital Filing Date: 07/17/2001
DOL Rcpt Dt: 04/16/2002

Remanded to State: 4/15/2003

Until recently, the status was "REMANDED TO STATE"

Status update: 9/12/2003

Can someone please shed light on this, what is this all about? Is it back to DOL or permanently returned back to where ( I mean Reject).

Thanks!

Re: "has been returned by the State after a remand"

That sounds really positive. Most likely, it means your case has been received back by DOL after it was remanded to State.
I sincerely hope that you get approved. All the best.

Originally posted by RDDI
Inital Filing Date: 07/17/2001
DOL Rcpt Dt: 04/16/2002

Remanded to State: 4/15/2003

Until recently, the status was "REMANDED TO STATE"

Status update: 9/12/2003

Can someone please shed light on this, what is this all about? Is it back to DOL or permanently returned back to where ( I mean Reject).

Thanks!

Non RIR has advanced by 3 months suddenly. Seems like all DOL staff went to process Non RIR cases. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
RDD1,
What you are saying is in-sync with what my attorney is saying. The
attorney said that State has refused to take those many remanded cases.
So, those cases are now in the process of going back to DOL.
Looks like, your case is making progress. Best of luck to you (and to us all)

- Dasbabu

Titan, you are right, my case was sitting like that forever. After going thru lot of messages in this forum I have stressed my attorney to contactl the DOL to know the status of my case, then my attorney tried couple of times to reach a live person at DOL but as usual there was no success, then they left a voicemail. I think within in a week of this voicemail DOL remanded my case.

Hanuman, Yes I am in EB2 category and I think job requirements are BS+4 years and I have BS+5 years at that time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Varma

DOL trend in my opinion

From Varma's post, i feel that DOL favors more experience irrespective of degree. BS + more than 4 years of
experience, has better chances of approval than MS+2 years.
This is just my observation from few approval cases i know.

Any comments?

Jai Hanuman

If this is true than you should be happy for NON-RIR guys, since they are also waiting for their GC.
We should not be jealous of NON-RIR guys, we should always be supporting anyone who is waiting for GC.
Right ?
Originally posted by INSVictim
Non RIR has advanced by 3 months suddenly. Seems like all DOL staff went to process Non RIR cases. :mad:

Hi

Even Non-RIR is fast thats good news.Because most people think that all remanded RIR cases have been transfered to state and put it in NON-RIR Queue.How long is it true??

Regards
Raj

working experience outside USA?

Hi, guys,
This might not related to the topic, but any help is highly recommanded.

When the attorney prepare document for LC, regarding the working experience. Does the experience gained outside USA count? What kind of document does the attorney required to support it? What if the previous company bankrupted?

Thanks alot!

How does Auto Remand Works?

As we all by now know that nothing is certain with GC processing. Things could change overnite for best or worst. I know it will be too much to expect a appropriate answers, guys try your best and let me know.

1) Looks like SWA is processing june 2002. And lot our labor applications have been autoremanded is there any time frame when SWA will look into our applications? Meaning will it be the date DOL auto remaned to state or will it be the date we filed our applications which was ages ago.......:(

2) Do we have any news on perm??

3) Our company did have some lay offs ...how badly it impacts the LC approval. In sense do they really consider qualification, exp or job nature etc?? or DOL blindly look for whether the company had layoff or not.

Advance thanks for your response.

DOL trend in my opinion

Its good to know what DOL likes, so that if any one us opt to file from other state, we know what experience to use.
I wish good luck to all of us, hope everybody gets through soon

Originally posted by gc_line
If this is true than you should be happy for NON-RIR guys, since they are also waiting for their GC.
We should not be jealous of NON-RIR guys, we should always be supporting anyone who is waiting for GC.
Right ?

Of course, I am happy for the Non-RIR guys if DOL can keep the pace like this. I am angry with how DOL treat the RIR cases like shit right now. They try to keep away from the RIR cases with any methods they can imagine.:mad:

lxx2003

Yes, Your experience of working anywhere in the world counts... & Evenif your old company bankrupt or Shutdown.. It doesn't mean you did not work there, Experience is experience, everything counts except your current job if you are working with the company sponsering your GC.

Not all experience count

gp111,

I disagree with you, i have experience after BE and experience after MS too. My lawyer said that experience after BE is not counted if position says MS + 2 years. 2 years must be after MS.

As i was working part time during MS. I wonder if i could say my experience was BE + 5 years. (Probably part time experience wont count). In this case as DOL trend is i think i would have more chances of approval and experience counts more.

Now some people will know that i was not jealous on anybody but was seeing in future what option should i take BE + 5 or MS + 2.

BTW, last week this thread was very inactive.

Hi

My rir case which was ( nov 1 2002 fedaral) went for retest market condition 10 days ago. The attourney placed a one day ad and sent the paper work back to dol last week. Can anybody tell how to check the status of my case. i have the dol transmittal notice with me. The case is from sfo california.

Launch Schedule of PERM - Unknown Territory

Launch Schedule of PERM - Unknown Territory

The permanent labor certification reengineering "programming" was initiated years back under the DOL five-year strategic plan. However, at this point no one is excited about this program any more for a number of reasons. Firstly, the release of the proposed PERM regulation indicated that it was not necessarily a juicy program for the employers as well as the aliens because the proposed program contrained so many poisonous elements in it. It induced a flood of negative comments from the U.S. employers and immigration communties. In response to the pressure, reportedly the DOL softened somewhat the hardline approach and the immigrant community was expected to see somewhat lenient standards and requirements once the final regulation would be released. But so far, no one knows the details. The hardline approach in the proposed regulation has induced employers to rush filing of the labor certification applications, mostly RIR, to ensure that they would not deal with the tough PERM program. Secondly, the launch of the PERM has been delayed for some known reasons and for some unknown reasons. When the five-year plan was released, everyone thought that the program would be launched within the first Quarter (Jan-Mar) of this calendar year. However, the schedule was adjusted, first by the flood of negative comments which the DOL received, and later by the change of the leadership within the DOL. One time, the latest news "was" that the final regulation would be released in the "late fall" and the actual launch of the new labor certification system will see one month from the date of the release of the final regulation. Thus everyone speculated that the regulation would be released in November and the new labor certification program will be launched in December or January 2004 at the latest. You guessed it! At this point, there is no fixed schedule, according to the available sources of information. No one knows the exact reasons.

However, it appears that the DOL continues the pilot program in the name of "Centralized Processing Group (CPG)." They formed this group and some of the ailing cases at the state agencies (SWAs) in the heavily backlogged states have been transferred to this group for adjudication. The outcome of this pilot program has not been made available to the public. However, without the final PERM regulation, the role of this group may be very limited: Centralization of adjudication rather than the reengineered labor certification program. People will have to navigate the unknown territory for a while, it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.