San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
# for tracking the DOL

hi,
I want to use one of my colleagues Labor (He resigned & his labor is still in DOL). If i want to find the status of his labor, what (case)number should i ask my lawyer for.
Regards,
Raj.

Re: Re: Employer Remanded Cases

crazy_apple,

Totally agree, we need to do something about this. At the
minimum they should move these employer remanded cases
back to Federal and reconsider for the Carlson memorandum
criteria, and then if needed resend the 3-option letter. We have
people who are highly skilled Computer/Electronics Engineers
having several years of experience who should have qualified for
RIR & now easily qualify for the Carlson memorandum.

- gccraver.

Originally posted by crazy_apple
Guys, we cannot let DOL take the employer remanded cases on the back burner. Something has to be done. I think that all the people affected by this particular situation should plan on creating an official petition that can be sent to DOL. Wasnt there something similar created for expedited 485 processing? I do remember seeing a link like that on this site.

Thanks!

Case remanded

Hello Members

As pe rthe AVM my case was remanded on 24th OCT 2003 to state (do not know if it Auto or not). Our attorney or employer didn't hear anything about it yet.

Now I am reading in this group thet DOL is considering the remanded cases again, What is the criteria for to reconsider. Is there anyone who is in the same situation as I am ? Is anybody got certified ?

Thanks & Regards

labor certified

I just checked and my labor is now certified. It was auto remanded on July 1 2003. Then was sent back and is now certified.

Congrats california_gc

Please share other information like DOT code, Experience etc.

Looks like DOL is processing Remanded & New Cases same time.. Good news for everybody !

Re: Re: Re: Certified..

Originally posted by lca_001
Realistic view: There are about same number of cases in Decemeber as there is for other months (averages around 2000-2200 cases per month). Also not all November cases have been resolved, so expect DOL to be working in Dec for a while.

Another realistic view: not only that not all Nov cases have been handled, but also that there're many cases before Nov are still waiting for a decision (like my case's RD is 5/20/02). However, it seems that DOL completly forget about the non-autoremanded cases prior to Nov. I haven't seen any post about this kind of cases in this forum for a long while.

LC approved

:) LC approved on 03/18/2004
Detail:
SESA: Oct. 2001
DOL: 12/03/2002
DOL code: 999-151-131
Requirement: MS + 1 year
no remand, no Ref at DOL, Ref at SESA

AVM

New format of AVM Message today... Looks like now DOL is processing the cases by STATE of application as you can hear different dates for different states

California is still July to Dec 2002 but other western states under CA dol are AUGUST 2003.

Good news for some people, same old same old for guys like me.

Hi,

Can you let me know the link for DOT codes? Thanks..

Not the oalj.dol.gov one. Thats so confusing. I remember there was an earlier one, but I can't find that..

SESA: Oct 2001
DOL: Sept. 2002
DOL code: 999-151-131
Requirement: MS + 3 year or BS + 5 yrs ( I think)
Auto remanded in Jul '03, no Ref at DOL, No ref at SESA

Originally posted by gp111
Congrats california_gc

Please share other information like DOT code, Experience etc.

Looks like DOL is processing Remanded & New Cases same time.. Good news for everybody !

approved labor

Is anyone from california interested in joining a new consulting company to get a approved labor and apply for I-140 and I-485 ? If not you, your friends may be interested.. Let me know by PM..

I am working for a consulting company, and I applied from california in june 2001 and chicago in Feb 2003 for labor both were approved in June last year.. I then applied for I-140 and I-485 from chicago, my I-140 is approved from chicago, and now I do not need the labor from california..

PM me for more information..

Thanks gp111

Gurus, I was wondering if its possible to somehow use the experience I gained in the current job for labor. Before current job, I had MS+0, now I have MS+5 years. Lets say my company is prepared to file labor for the next level of job for me, what will the job be and what will be the DOT code? I am currently a software engineer and I read somewhere that the experience in current job cannot be used. Please let me know. Thanks..

Unfortunately, "next level" itself will not qualify for using current experience, as DOL may consider the next level as progressive job.

Using current experience is very difficult, it is not impossible, but very difficult, make sure you have a very good lawyer who can support the use of experience from current employer.

Originally posted by gkmhan
Thanks gp111

Gurus, I was wondering if its possible to somehow use the experience I gained in the current job for labor. Before current job, I had MS+0, now I have MS+5 years. Lets say my company is prepared to file labor for the next level of job for me, what will the job be and what will be the DOT code? I am currently a software engineer and I read somewhere that the experience in current job cannot be used. Please let me know. Thanks..

PERM

03/24/2004: DOL and Backlog Reduction Centers Locations

DOL has disclosed to the AILA the locations of the PERM reengineered labor certification processing centers and Backlog Reduction Centers as follows:
PERM Processing Centers: Atlanta and Chicago
Backlog Reduction Processing Centers: Philadelphia and Dallas
DOL has reported that there are over 300,000 permanent labor certification applications pending at this time. The two Backlog Reduction Centers should help to reduce the backlog cases once the centers open. The Backlog Reduction Centers are expected to be manned by private contractors and according to the unconfirmed sources of information, such contract may not be offered until May 2004. Our earlier report that some state offices started transferring backlog cases to contractors turned out to be outsourcing of backlog cases to overseas contractors by the Texas state labor certification office. It is unclear how far the overseas outsourcing of permanent labor certification applications will go in terms of the involved large states. Please stay tuned.

Thanks lca_001

But how can I find what is considered as progressive employment and what is considered as experience? Is there any reference I can find? Or any text that I can show to my employer? That will be really helpful.

Gurus, any other opinions? Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.