San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Badarinath

when this memo was released ?
ANS: Donno when the memo was released but we received only yesterday (01/23).

Also, since your HR has been so kind to give you this info, would you also ask them if this applies to people whos applications have been remanded following 3 option letter.

ANS: Well, Let me make it clear (but correct me if I'm wrong): There should be a clear distinction between "Remand" and "Assesment".

Cases which were sent to State without any review are termed as remand... For cases like these the Attorney's have not got any paperwork or mail communication.

Cases which have been reviewed and given the three option are "Assesment" and are clearly NOT remands... if with the three option the case has been moved to State (SESA) then the rule will (not sure) not apply.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: I'm just a member like you and posses NO legal expertise....

Re: Re: Badarinath

CaliGC,
Thanx for the quick response. My company HR told me
that they choose to "remand" my case to SWA, that was
in 2002. now its sitting in the non-rir queue there.
Does it make sense to get it clarified from your HR ?
My HR people are no good....they dont respond to any
of my questions...:-(

Thanx.

Originally posted by CaliGC

ANS: Well, Let me make it clear (but correct me if I'm wrong): There should be a clear distinction between "Remand" and "Assesment".

Cases which were sent to State without any review are termed as remand... For cases like these the Attorney's have not got any paperwork or mail communication.

Cases which have been reviewed and given the three option are "Assesment" and are clearly NOT remands... if with the three option the case has been moved to State (SESA) then the rule will (not sure) not apply.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: I'm just a member like you and posses NO legal expertise....

Re: bhadrinath

To be frank, our HR is the same like yours equally bad or worse.... but this is what she said.

We (meaning our company) have not asked any case to be remanded to state except for one case inspite of two appeals it was remanded by the DOL and the application will sit in the Non-RIR queue until the processing date for Non-RIR becomes current.

Looking at the processing style with all the auto remand cases being considered and need to be done before Apr. 04 there is little hope for the Non-RIR case being review in the immediate future.

Please, Please don't get dis-heartned I doubt the authenticity of what she said. I feel she said something out of her mind since I'm bugging her for my case since 2-3days...

Auto remand

Dear friends,
I have a question for one of my fellow GC seekers.

My case details:

Dot code: 999.151-051
Priority date at DOL : October 2002
Auto Remanded to SWA: July 19, 2003
Company: A large software company
My Location: LA (Offices all over the world)
Layoffs: A few non technical layoffs in my division
Experience: BS +1 year (I have a MS and had 2+ years of experience during filing but my lawyer filed with BS +1 year in 2001 hoping to process it faster with no hassle)

A recent check on DOL AVM shows my case as "remanded" but now the remaned date is October 2003. Is it necessary to request SWA to transfer your case to DOL or all auto remanded cases are sent back automatically

Thanks in advance.

Update on our case

SESa-08/20/01
DOL- 08/12/02
Remanded- June 2003
Returned to DOL- 09/06/2003
Remanded to State -10/23/2003
Returned to DOL- 01/06/04
Today the attorney said that case was certified:)
BS+0 years of expirience
small company in the Central Valley

Sel, RAJ

Good for you! after a long run. If I remember right it is for your husbands GC correct. Also if Iam again correct you tried to push the case by writing to congress men.
My question is did the above factors influence the certification after the fact it was returned to DOL from State on 01/06/2004 or it was influenced in the pre return after remand?.

Raj since ur return after remand date is close to that of Sel can u check the AVM!.

Hi Sel,

Congrats!!!!!

Hi Titan,

Yes it is very close with sel's date.But the AVM is just ringing for the past 4 days??? what to do??Is there any other option to check??

Thanks & Regards,
Raj

I think that the congressman played his part:D Can't say for sure: DOL did not release any details about its decision.;) My advice for all remanded cases- fight. Speak with your employer if you want to push your case. A letter from the firm ( complain) worth more than a complain from H1-B worker.

Originally posted by RAJ!234 the AVM is just ringing for the past 4 days??? what to do??Is there any other option to check??

Thanks & Regards,
Raj [/B]
Call your attorney on Monday. If the date is close he/she should have received a letter of approval.
Good luck!;)

Re: Sel, RAJ

I think it is definitely the congressman push that would
have caused the sel's case to get approved.
All our company cases (after being returned by state after
remand in last june) have been issued an NOF. The reason
is most of them have been filed as BS+5 yrs or MS reuqirement.
Since in case of MS it does not ask for any experience (6 months
as per DOL memo), they have been issued an NOF. We are
doing another advertisement and then submitting the results
back to DOL.
So BS+0 and approval has to be congressman push.

Originally posted by Titan01
Good for you! after a long run. If I remember right it is for your husbands GC correct. Also if Iam again correct you tried to push the case by writing to congress men.
My question is did the above factors influence the certification after the fact it was returned to DOL from State on 01/06/2004 or it was influenced in the pre return after remand?.

Raj since ur return after remand date is close to that of Sel can u check the AVM!.

sel

Congratulation sel. You case bring so much hope for me.
Did you find out that your case was returned to DOL on 1/6/2004 via the AVM? My case is very similar to yours. I hope i am as lucky!

Originally posted by sel
Update on our case

SESa-08/20/01
DOL- 08/12/02
Remanded- June 2003
Returned to DOL- 09/06/2003
Remanded to State -10/23/2003
Returned to DOL- 01/06/04
Today the attorney said that case was certified:)
BS+0 years of expirience

Re: sel

Originally posted by niceto5785
sel,
Did you find out that your case was returned to DOL on 1/6/2004 via the AVM?
did you receive the 3 letter option? did your company did the one day ad?

thanks
Yes, I have heard that the case was back in Dol via the AVM.
No, we did not received 3-option letter, but the attorney discussed that matter with DOL and ad. company was running for several moths from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Sel, RAJ

Mine is also same case, got 3 option letter now after it returned back from state just becuase the req is BS+5 OR MS. We decided to retest the market, any idea how much chance of approvel,I am applying for 8th year h1-b extension based on my pending labor. Better get an extension before getting decision on LC:)

SESa-09/11/01
DOL- 09/02/02
Remanded- June/26/2003
Returned to DOL- 12/102003
got 3 option letter on 12/28/2003

Originally posted by gc927
I think it is definitely the congressman push that would
have caused the sel's case to get approved.
All our company cases (after being returned by state after
remand in last june) have been issued an NOF. The reason
is most of them have been filed as BS+5 yrs or MS reuqirement.
Since in case of MS it does not ask for any experience (6 months
as per DOL memo), they have been issued an NOF. We are
doing another advertisement and then submitting the results
back to DOL.
So BS+0 and approval has to be congressman push.

Regional or State?

Hello friends
Can some one tell me if the DOL is considered Regional or State level. Then is the EDD considered Regional or State? I am not sure which is which. If a file is in DOL, is it considered to be at Regional level or State?
Thank you,

Anybody knows if the AVM is working?
I have been trying to check for all last week .
The phone just keeps ringng

3 option letter or auto remand

Hi Guys,

My companies lawyer refuses to share whether my case
got remanded to state with the 3 option letter or thru
auto-remand.

I would like to know when DOL stopped doing the auto-remand
and started the 3 option letter?

Thanks,

Any DOL receipt update? My case was sent to DOL on 8/22/03. Havn't received receipt from DOL yet.

Hi Guys,

Today i checked the AVm.It is wirking.My case is in the same returned to DOL state.I dont know when DOL will take action.

Regards
Raj
Returned to State After Remand in JAN 6 2004

Re: 3 option letter or auto remand

People were getting 3 option letter before apr/may 2003
In Jun/Jul/Aug thru Oct/Nov they were doing mass auto-remand. Then they stopped doing the auto-remands.

Originally posted by aman_k
Hi Guys,

My companies lawyer refuses to share whether my case
got remanded to state with the 3 option letter or thru
auto-remand.

I would like to know when DOL stopped doing the auto-remand
and started the 3 option letter?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.