San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gp111 said:
Hi Struggleman

1. If I have to relocate before my LC been certified, do I have to reapply in Dallas regional office or simply transfer my case from SF region to Dallas? What the priority date will be? The date that I refile or transfered, or the origianal filling date in SF?

**** You cannot transfer LC from one region to another (even one city to another in same region). If you refile in Texax it will be new application & nothing to do with old PD/RD.

2. If I relocate after my LC been certified, should I file I-140/485 in Taxes service center or still in Callifornia service center?

*** You have to file I-140/485 from California Service Center if LC has been certified from CA. What you can do is wait for 6 months D of I-485 filing & then use AC-21 to transfer your case.
gp111, thank you for your quick note.

Have confusion on your second explanation: wait for 6 month D of I-485 filling? what does the D stand for? How about I-140? I don't think I can do concurrent filling for i140/485 since I am in EB3. Do I need to wait for 6 months for filing i-140 in CSC and after I got approved, then I-485 filling and then use AC-21 to transfer my case to Texas service center.

Another question is that can I just keep my current Lc application in SF region instead?

Thanks,

gp111 said:
Its all up to the almighty DOL, I would say 50 - 50% chances of getting 3 Options OR instant Approval. Cause it also depends on Company you work for, layoffs, Job Category, recruitment process etc.

Thanks Gp111

Struggleman said:
gp111, thank you for your quick note.

Have confusion on your second explanation: wait for 6 month D of I-485 filling? what does the D stand for? How about I-140? I don't think I can do concurrent filling for i140/485 since I am in EB3. Do I need to wait for 6 months for filing i-140 in CSC and after I got approved, then I-485 filling and then use AC-21 to transfer my case to Texas service center.

Another question is that can I just keep my current Lc application in SF region instead?

Thanks,

Sorry for confusion.. thats not "D" but "ND" : I -485 Notice Date.

There are no restrictions on Concurrent filing if you are EB3,2 or 1.. File both I-140 & 485 ASAP once you get your LC approved. You do not need to wait any period of time for filing further stages.

*** You can use AC-21 after 180 days of notice date of I-485 & transfer your case to TSC or wait for I-140 approval & then transfer to TSC.

*** You can be in california till your I-140 get approved ( atleast on Paper) to be safe if you want to.

*** You may continue whole process in CSC, but I am not sure what kind of complications may occur if USCIS issues any RFE about your current working place / pay stubs

*** If you continue your process in CSC, atlest inform them about your working in TEXAS after Green Card Approval to avoide any future complications (during citizen ship !)

DOL Regional office case number

Hi all,
My lawyers informed me that my case has been sent to San Fransisco DOL regional office in Feb 2004. But when I asked about the case number from the regional office, they are telling they have not received any notification of receipt from the regional office.

Can you please tell me, Is it common not to get any notification from DOL regional office even after 6 months SWA said they transferered the case..?

gcuska said:
Hi all,
My lawyers informed me that my case has been sent to San Fransisco DOL regional office in Feb 2004. But when I asked about the case number from the regional office, they are telling they have not received any notification of receipt from the regional office.

Can you please tell me, Is it common not to get any notification from DOL regional office even after 6 months SWA said they transferered the case..?

Mine took 6 months..

It's funny. My attorney tells me he filed an application for an Arthur Anderson employee. Arthur Anderson is the Enron and Worldcomm auditor. This company is no longer in existance.

He tells me that he just got an approval for one of their employees who already left the country.

hrithikroshan11 said:
Many labor applications are getting approved at companies like Sun, Cisco and Oracle even though these companies have been doing so many layoffs. So, DOL is looking at case by case basis not going strictly by Carlson memo.

gp111 said:
1 ad in a local News Paper, wait for 3 weeks & submit responses with reason of disqualifications & DOL will approve your case. On an average the wait time is 6 to 8 weeks.
Hi Gp111,
At last I got the three options letter, that was a significant achievement after almost 3 yrs of waiting. :mad:
My lawyers are saying that if they go for retest and receive any qualified (applicants who match the requirements mentioned in the ad.) applications DOL will reject the case and I have to reapply all over again.
What are the grounds on which the candidates can be disqualified other than the basic requirements.

What happens if really no applicants apply for the job???

What would be the response in that case or do we have to cook some resumes and send those to DOL

Any ideas /suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot

dask_1
dol recd. date :02/18/2003
dot code :031
exp shown :BS+2 yrs(Had more than 5 years at the time of initial filing)
present status:The one and only 3 options letter!!!!!

Please help, re:Job Duties and Job Title issue

Hello Gp111 and other members,

I posted below message in the I-140 thread, but got no replies after two days, so posting again here , and hoping to get at lease some replies, suggestions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Job Title and Job description mismatch issue, please help.

I am a "Systems and Network Administrator" administrating Unix, Linux and Windows Systems, Networks, and Application Softwares/Servers (like Web servers, Mail Servers etc) for last 8 years.

In my LC, the Job Title is "Software Engineer" and the job description is as follows:
"Design, Develop and Implement Systems and Network Solutions, provide hands on operational support to high profile websites hosted on Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and Windows NT/2000"

The job requirement is BS in CS or engineering and 5 years of experience in above. I have B.E. in electronics Engineering.

My previous Job titles and job duties performed are:
1. Systems Administrator (job duties: systems and network administration)
2. Network Manager (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)
3. Software Engineer (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)
4. Development Systems Administrator (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)
5. Systems Administrator (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)

DOL assigned DOT code: 999.151-032 to my application which is that of Software Engineer (Systems). I recently learnt that, there is actually an Occupational Title "Network and Systems Administrator" in the Occupational Dictionary, not sure why my employer and lawyer did not use that, I guess they didn't know at that time.

Questions for experts on this board.
1. Will I have problem because of mismatching job Title and Job duties in the LC and my actual work experience letters.
2. The job duties mentioned in the LC is pretty much same as what is there in my previous experience letters.
3. Due to the Job Title as "Software Engineer" my prevailing wage also went up to 86K, where as it should have been 72K, had we used the job title "Systems/Network Administrator" now that's another problem altogether.
4. Is there any Systems/Network Admin who got his I-140 approved with Job title as "Software Engineer"
5. I also checked the job description of Software Engineer (Systems) on the DOL site, and the job duties are overlapping with that of a systems admin, not sure if that is a relief, any idea ?

Please help.
Thanks

dask_1 said:
Hi Gp111,
At last I got the three options letter, that was a significant achievement after almost 3 yrs of waiting. :mad:
My lawyers are saying that if they go for retest and receive any qualified (applicants who match the requirements mentioned in the ad.) applications DOL will reject the case and I have to reapply all over again.
What are the grounds on which the candidates can be disqualified other than the basic requirements.

What happens if really no applicants apply for the job???

What would be the response in that case or do we have to cook some resumes and send those to DOL

Any ideas /suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot

dask_1
dol recd. date :02/18/2003
dot code :031
exp shown :BS+2 yrs(Had more than 5 years at the time of initial filing)
present status:The one and only 3 options letter!!!!!
Hi ,

Sorry to hear that...

What is the education experince requirement for your position?

On LC How much experience you have shown...

I think if you can place ad in local news paper I don't think you will get the good responses so that will be the positive step for your case to be strong...

Good luck..

kavita.singh said:
Hello Gp111 and other members,

I posted below message in the I-140 thread, but got no replies after two days, so posting again here , and hoping to get at lease some replies, suggestions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Job Title and Job description mismatch issue, please help.

I am a "Systems and Network Administrator" administrating Unix, Linux and Windows Systems, Networks, and Application Softwares/Servers (like Web servers, Mail Servers etc) for last 8 years.

In my LC, the Job Title is "Software Engineer" and the job description is as follows:
"Design, Develop and Implement Systems and Network Solutions, provide hands on operational support to high profile websites hosted on Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and Windows NT/2000"

The job requirement is BS in CS or engineering and 5 years of experience in above. I have B.E. in electronics Engineering.

My previous Job titles and job duties performed are:
1. Systems Administrator (job duties: systems and network administration)
2. Network Manager (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)
3. Software Engineer (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)
4. Development Systems Administrator (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)
5. Systems Administrator (job duties: Systems and Network administrator)

DOL assigned DOT code: 999.151-032 to my application which is that of Software Engineer (Systems). I recently learnt that, there is actually an Occupational Title "Network and Systems Administrator" in the Occupational Dictionary, not sure why my employer and lawyer did not use that, I guess they didn't know at that time.

Questions for experts on this board.
1. Will I have problem because of mismatching job Title and Job duties in the LC and my actual work experience letters.
2. The job duties mentioned in the LC is pretty much same as what is there in my previous experience letters.
3. Due to the Job Title as "Software Engineer" my prevailing wage also went up to 86K, where as it should have been 72K, had we used the job title "Systems/Network Administrator" now that's another problem altogether.
4. Is there any Systems/Network Admin who got his I-140 approved with Job title as "Software Engineer"
5. I also checked the job description of Software Engineer (Systems) on the DOL site, and the job duties are overlapping with that of a systems admin, not sure if that is a relief, any idea ?

Please help.
Thanks

Hi Kavitha,

I believe there shouldn't be any problem with ur LC Processing. On a side note, If they had mentioned the Occupational Title as "Network and Systems Administrator", it would have been better. This occuopational title is a more specific than the "Software Engineer". There would have been better probability for DOL to approve the LC. But, since the LC is filed with BS+5Years experience, the ur current case should be approved with ease.

gcwait2002

Dask 1

Dask 1

My LC was filed the same as yours--BS+2. Have you received any Assessment Notice or RFE at the state level-SESA? In your 3-option letter, does it say the reason of sending the 3-option letter?

Sam

gcwait2002 said:
Hi Kavitha,

I believe there shouldn't be any problem with ur LC Processing. On a side note, If they had mentioned the Occupational Title as "Network and Systems Administrator", it would have been better. This occuopational title is a more specific than the "Software Engineer". There would have been better probability for DOL to approve the LC. But, since the LC is filed with BS+5Years experience, the ur current case should be approved with ease.

gcwait2002
Thanks for your kind reply gcwait2002,
The Educational requirement is BS in CS or Engineering with 5 Years of exp. required.
I have 4 year BE degree in Engg, and had 6 years of experience at the time of filing, and I am sure they will not reject my LC based on exp. or educational requirements.
My only worry is the Job Title, and they can say that I am not a Software Engineer, but a system/network Admin and might reject my I-140 due to insufficient work experience, though my job experience shown in previous employement letters is matching the "job duties" or "job description" mentioend in the LC application and ads.
it is just the Job Title "Software Engineer" that botherss me.

Is there a System Admin who has the job tile "software engineer" on her/his LC ?

Approval Chances

Hi GP111 and others ,

Thanks for keeping this forum so informative.

I have a quick question.

My priority date at SF DOL is Aug 14th , 2003
type: 999-151-031

Job requirement was Matser's + 1 year experience

What are my chances of approval.
I am thinking it will take atleast another 6 to 8 months before my case comesup for review and I have only 1 year 2 months left on my H1 . So I am unable to decide if I need to wait or change jobs to a company in another faster processing state.

Any thoughts.. Thanks in Advance.

approvals on 08/26/04

Following are certfied on 08/26/04

09547416 RD: 02/24/2003 DOT code: 999.231-011

09547426 RD: 02/24/2003 DOT code: 999.291-021

09547430 RD: 02/24/2003 DOT code: 999.231-011

09547473 RD: 02/24/2003 DOT code: 999.172-072

9548220 RD: 02/24/2003 DOT code 999.151-071

ravi_kiran99 said:
Hi GP111 and others ,

I have a quick question.

I am thinking it will take atleast another 6 to 8 months before my case comesup for review and I have only 1 year 2 months left on my H1 . So I am unable to decide if I need to wait or change jobs to a company in another faster processing state.

I know you addressed the question to gp111, but I can tell you that there should be no pressure on your H-1 expiring because you have the 7th year extension possibility. My H-1 is going to expire in a 7 months, but my lawyers told me that 7th year extension should be no problem.

ravi_kiran99 said:
Hi GP111 and others ,

I have a quick question.

If your lawyer applied with MS+1 yr, you should get it, unless there are no other issues. Problem if the lawyers used the standard format of ms+ 0 yrs experience.

Dont worry
reeelax.

Status
Not open for further replies.