Same-sex couples seek immigration benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immigration benefits for gays

Wow!Reading this thread is both fascinating and irritating. Racism! Homophobia! I think some folk in this thread need to realize that the initial post was about an excluded set of people (gay couples) fighting for a right which the US immigration system says it is all about (family unity).POINT:pEOPLE ARENT HERE FIGHTING OVER WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT.PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING TO STAY TOGETHER.

As for the argument about which is more important hetero or homo,it would do some of us well to realize that the reason we are all here as refugees or asylees is because in our home countries we were considered to be less important and so we had to flee.

raziel, i understand what u are trying to convey here in terms of priority, but the truth is, and i can assure u that, if it was possible to start a same sex immigration line, uscis will be overwhelmed! there are no cases, because there is nothing in the law that allows those cases to exist to begin with. so gays wouldn't even think about benefiting from it, because it is not even an option for them. those three issues, are small bits and parts of a huge immigration benefit category system, especially the first two that are part of the category: opposite sex immigration benefit. people need to understand that lack of existence of same sex immigration benefit within uscis, is like a huge hole, a big chunk of a puzzle missing! this issue is extremely serious and here is the reason: the refugee settlement system (inc. asylum benefits), is established to protect human rights. with same sex immigration benefit missing in a government sector such as uscis thats is claiming to protect human rights through the refugee settlement system, this entire government sector can be considered hypocritical, as same sex rights, are nothing but human rights.

hmm i like your reply too that,wat are saying is so ture.

Wow, just reading this post and threads and am terribly disturbed by Raziel's unabashed homophobia and some of you others rationalizing the lack of same-sex immigration benefits and attributing greater importance to legalizing illegal immigrants over gay partners of American citizens. Raziel, sad to say, you are no better than the government you sought asylum from. You ran away from intolerance but are preaching the same hate and ignorance, albeit, in a different shape and form. For the rest of you who rationalize according a rank in terms of importance of which types of immigrants ought to receive priority over others, you are completely missing the point. Just because something isn't likely going to happen doesn't mean the status quo should be accepted and put up with. We must aim and fight to move immigration reform through on multiple levels, with immigration benefits for same-sex couples accorded just as much importance as for other groups of people.

People take drugs for joy, people get into homosexuality for the same reason, they are the same except the later is worse. For me, homosexuality is a sinful act... PERIOD

I really don't want to comment any more about this subject so please keep these accusations and words to yourself "hate, ignorance, albeit" I can use the same words to anyone but I didn't, if you don't like my opinion you can sue me.

RAZIEL
YOU KNOW SOMETHING..i work with people from differents backgrounds helping them to adapt to a new life IN AMERICA WHERE YOU ARE NOW..THE PLACE THAT SAVED YOUR BUTT FROM WHATEVER COUNTRY YOU CAME...and i'm sure in that country where you came... they HATED YOU AND TRIED TO KILL YOU OR WHATEVER..that's why you are here...cause you thought different or you were different or cause you are from other religion.....and now you are discriminating homosexuals.?????????..so you ARE DOING THE SAME THAT OTHER PEOPLE did TO you IN YOUR COUNTRY..WHAT A SHAME THAT AMERICA...the country of our dreams..a democratic place.,, WHO EVERYBODY HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE WHatever WANT TO BE...GAVE YOU ASYLUM..CAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN AMERICA
NO I'M NOT GAY..BUT MY BEST FRIEND IS GAY.AND I LOVE HIM LIKE A BROTHER...AND HE IS ASYLEE..YOU DON;T KNOW HOW MUCH SUFFERING HE';S GOT IN HIS COUNTRY THANKS OF CLOSED MINDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU...WHAT A MISTAKE THE INMIGRATION JUDGE MADE WHEN HE OR SHE GAVE YOU THE ASYLUM...YOU ARE A SHAME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS LIKE US
PS/ YOU KNOW WHAT IS FUNNy that this element(raziel) was asking for advice from everybody in this forum) and the gayguy was asking questions TO HIM and he never answered to him..WHY? CAUSE he discriminated the gayguy just only cause his nickname...RAZIEL..YOU BELIEVE IN KARMA..IF NOT RESEACH IGNORANT....THIS IS THE LINK OF THAT POST
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=289552&page=2
ps/ people from this forum...everytime that this element RAZIEL ASK for your help about information etc..just remenber that he discrimated other members for our forum...i'm sure he's a lier who just wanted to live in america.....who never was persecuted or nothing...so everytime that you see him..just remenber how to answer to him...karma is horrible RAZIEL..i hope does not hunt you the day that you aply for your green card...cause you never know who is the person who gonna aprove your green card..maybe COULD BE A GAY OFFICIAL...? THINK ABOUT THAT IGNORANT HOMOPHOBIC

Last edited by a moderator:
ok everyone let's just clear the air. if we claim that the states is a symbol of democracy, we should at least respect that claim. in a democratic society, everyone has a right to say. that is the beauty of it. but there is no need for us to attack and persecute each other. isn't that what we escaped from to begin with? let's just calm down and respect each other.

People take drugs for joy, people get into homosexuality for the same reason, they are the same except the later is worse. For me, homosexuality is a sinful act... PERIOD

I really don't want to comment any more about this subject so please keep these accusations and words to yourself "hate, ignorance, albeit" I can use the same words to anyone but I didn't, if you don't like my opinion you can sue me.

If you don't want to comment anymore then DON'T RESPOND. Don't try to stifle other people's opinions either. Like other posters stated, this is America... if you don't like it, go back to where you came from. It is childish of someone to try to get the last word in and say "I don't want to comment anymore" because you want to have the last word. Seriously, who CARES what you think is sinful and what's not.

Anti-gay bigots are are on the losing side of history. They are being tolerated less and less. More and more of the younger generation are much more accepting and the old bigots are dying off. Some I wish would faster than others. It's only a matter of time. So anyone reading this post, don't be disheartened by the menacing words of others, they will be gone soon enough.

I want to thank everyone who made supportive and positive comments, it means a lot to me and all of the other gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender members of this forum. (Believe me, there are some of each category). Also, thank you to certain members for voicing their homophobic opinions as well. Now we know where you stand. More often than not, the ones who are the most vociferous against the gays, are the ones with the major issues with their own sexuality. I really hope you can see the "light" some day.

Let him that is without sin cast the first stone

In a democracy people have the right to speak their minds but those same people need to realize that with every right that you have comes some responsibility. An asylee should be the last person to discriminate against another person - same-sex or otherwise- for any reason.

I just read over this thread and find some of you ignorant. Homosexuality is not a choice, it is determined by gene (look up research and read them). Homosexuality was removed from mental diseases in 1970s. Same sex couples would deserve the same benefit as heterosexual couples so why can’t discuss immigration benefit? And now we – gay people can have children without ****ing a person different sex. How could someone say it is the second act? How could someone say we could not produce many new Obama?

And the fact is many straight couples now even learnt things from gay even sex. Shame on many of you.

I just read over this thread and find some of you ignorant. Homosexuality is not a choice, it is determined by gene (look up research and read them). Homosexuality was removed from mental diseases in 1970s. Same sex couples would deserve the same benefit as heterosexual couples so why can’t discuss immigration benefit? And now we – gay people can have children without ****ing a person different sex. How could someone say it is the second act? How could someone say we could not produce many new Obama?

And the fact is many straight couples now even learnt things from gay even sex. Shame on many of you.

Wow! The shame is on people who reject unnatural relations?!

I feel sorry for the children who end up being adopted by those couples? Having virtually two dads!?!?

Thank God my dad was not gay, otherwise I would not have been born or existed!!!

So everything is about your existence.

Let's thank God that your dad is not gay, your grandfathers were not gay, and your great-grand fathers were not gay, and your great-great-grand-fathers were not gay. :)

Guess what, some of them were gay. Think about it.
Thank God my dad was not gay, otherwise I would not have been born or existed!!!

Stay on target

I think people have been trying so hard to shift the grounds of the argument. The argument is about justiciable rights for gay couples not about the morality concerned with homosexuality. Do you think gay asylees should be able to file an i-130 for the partners? that is what the argument is about- not about whether you think it is right, wrong or somewhere in between to be homosexual.

So everything is about your existence.

Let's thank God that your dad is not gay, your grandfathers were not gay, and your great-grand fathers were not gay, and your great-great-grand-fathers were not gay. :)

Guess what, some of them were gay. Think about it.

That's absurd! The same argument applies... Had that been the case, then my dad would not have existed...his dad would not have existed... percolating up to the ancestor of all humanity, Adam!!!

--TheFree, TheStraight, ....

yes, your existence is very important! we get it! it's all about you you you! we get that too! and very intolerant u r! ok, got it! and.. what else do you have to say about YOU!??!

here is an idea, STOP thinking about urself and and your others and care about others! just a tad! the same way that those others respect you and your situation! DO NOT ever forget, why you are here, what your status here is, why it was given to you, and what would have happened if you were to never get it! DO NOT ever forget the principals of human rights, humanitarian protection, asylum and refugee settlement! grow up!

this is an immigration forum. stop playing with people's emotions. respect and tolerance! that's what we need here.

Thefree: God is not in my words. I believe in “beget”. You are poisoned by the unscientific conservative ideology. Look, the conservatives in this country are dying and weakening so maybe you. There are so many God guys/ pastors who are gay and are child’s molesters. Ask your God to help them.

You define same sex as unnatural, I define heterosexual sex is unnatural so what? Minorities are not second class citizen and not unnatural. Now, I could have egg cloned from my male partner, as someone may have sperm produced from their female partner. So to let you know, I don’t have to adopt.

And one day, you might find out that your children or grandchildren are gay. Are you going to kill them all?

I think people have been trying so hard to shift the grounds of the argument. The argument is about justiciable rights for gay couples not about the morality concerned with homosexuality. Do you think gay asylees should be able to file an i-130 for the partners? that is what the argument is about- not about whether you think it is right, wrong or somewhere in between to be homosexual.
YES GAYGUY..EVERYBODY STRAIGHT OR NOT STRAIGHT DESERVE THE SAME RIGHTS./..CAUSE WE ARE IN A DEMOCRACY..countries like australia,canada,holland recognize the inmigration rights for same sex partners couples...and i will pray that u.s.a do the same.....I'M NOT GAY but my best friend and my brother are gays...and they are a couple( yes my best friend and my brother are a gay couple) and I SUPPORT THEM 1000000 PORCENT..they adopted a little girl and that beautiful kid is the most happy kid ever with a lot of love and support
DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO HOMOPHOBICS LIKE RAZIEL AND THE FREE(WITH JUST FOUR POSTS) they don't know what they're talking about...ignorants who came from other countries begging for asylum and them want to do the same that their persecuters did to them in their country with gay people in america......
best wishes..

Status
Not open for further replies.