Sacramento Timeline

Well,

less than 21 hours to go. Got water bottles in the fridge, 4 sandwiches preped, parking figured out and alarm clock set. INS binder all nicely done and my last travel receipt put in, oath letter as well.

What's missing? Teddybear?

Whew,

it's over. 1900 or so people. Arrived at about 7 am and the line was already once around the building, by 8 ish it was twice around the building. I have to say that the process was well organized considering the amount of people, but sitting on the hard chairs was worse then flying economy class.

On arrival the letter was checked and the GC retained and you got a form to update your records with social security. The flags they distributed were plastic and "Made in China" - at least I buy american *cough*

So, after about 2 hrs and plenty of military marches, the same announcement over and over again, the very pleasent Judge arrived and the whole oath was done in about 15 minutes. Than it was getting everyone out in orderly fashion to get their certificate.

I skiped the voter registration as I already had a form, skiped also the social security stuff as standing in line again wasn't what I wanted. On the way home, I stoped at my local office and did the change there. I had one person ahead of me and was out after 10 min.

So, I am all done. Tomorrow is the passport office as the final step for my next travels.

To all of you good luck and anyone who can have same day oath, do that and save yourself a lot of waiting and additional expenses.

PS: Do yourself a favor and have something to eat and drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
where in San francisco can provide passport in a day?
Do I need to have itinerary?

Whew,

it's over. 1900 or so people. Arrived at about 7 am and the line was already once around the building, by 8 ish it was twice around the building. I have to say that the process was well organized considering the amount of people, but sitting on the hard chairs was worse then flying economy class.

On arrival the letter was checked and the GC retained and you got a form to update your records with social security. The flags they distributed were plastic and "Made in China" - at least I by american *cough*

So, after about 2 hrs and plenty of military marches, the same announcement over and over again, the very pleasent Judge arrived and the whole oath was done in about 15 minutes. Than it was getting everyone out in orderly fashion to get their certificate.

I skiped the voter registration as I already had a form, skiped also the social security stuff as standing in line again wasn't what I wanted. On the way home, I stoped at my local office and did the change there. I had one person ahead of me and was out after 10 min.

So, I am all done tomorrow is the passport office as the final step for my next travels.

To all of your good luck and anyone who can have same day oath, do that and save yourself a lot of waiting and additional expenses.

MartinAub, congratulations..

on becoming a US citizen. See, you survived those 1900 people:):) Glad to read it went smoothly.

Do they allow you to bring your own food and water? Once they seat you, can you leave to use the restroom? What about guests; how many can one bring. As of now, I have 10 people lined up who want to go with me to the oath ceremony. Since I have not even had my interview yet, they sure are kind of pushing things.:)

Please come back every once in a while and help us Sacramento DO applicants with our journey.

Thank you!!!!!!

Thanks,

I wouldn't bring anyone, if I were you since they can't sit close to you. Just a cell phone hassle. You can bring your own food and water and you can use the bathroom.

Finally today I received my oath letter, it is June 18 2008, it's different from " sacramento convention center calender", on there it say's June 19 2008, I'm confused, is there any one going to the same oath ceremony on June 18 2008 with me?

Application Received – 08/23/07
Priority Date - 08/23/07
FP Notice Received - 12/14/07
FP Appointment Date - 01/11/08
Interview Date - 04/17/08(passed)
Oath Notice Received - 05/30/08
Oath Date - 06/18/08

MartinAub,

why did everyone line up for the oath so early in the morning. Ceremony did not start until 10AM. When my time comes, maybe I just show up at 9AM; that would only give me one hour to kill. And it does not really matter to me where they seat me. If I have to, I'm willing to stand. What do you think?

Finally today I received my oath letter, it is June 18 2008, it's different from " sacramento convention center calender", on there it say's June 19 2008, I'm confused, is there any one going to the same oath ceremony on June 18 2008 with me?

Congratulations on your long awaited oath letter. Wish I could help with the date mix up, but I would think USCIS's date would be the correct one. But, they have been known to make mistakes.:D:D:D:D

Today I called sacramento convention center, they told me there is oath ceremony on June 18.

Priority Date - 08/23/07
Interview Date - 04/17/08
Oath Date - 06/18/08

Finally I had my oath ceremony done, the parking fee was $25! there was 1108 people become citizen.
Bye immigration! my family no one want to come to USA, so I don't have to go through this again.
Good luck to everyone!

Priority Date - 08/23/07
Interview Date - 04/17/08
Oath Date - 06/18/08

Raining2007, congratulations on your citizenship.

I'm wondering if Sacramento is getting caught up from last year's rush since there were less people for this oath ceremony than during the last few months. Those usually had between 1800 and 2000 people.

It would be nice if there is space available for the July 2nd ceremony. Will need to ask them to see if I can get into that one.

Hang around for a while since TheWho and I seem to be the only ones left from the Sacramento DO.:)

Mr MartinAub, nice to see you are back...

Yes, Sacramento seems to be moving pretty fast nowadays. You know on the oath notification letter, they changed something. Where it says: Please report promptly at 7:30Am....well that was changed. They crossed out the 7:30AM, wrote in by hand and highlighted it to 8:30AM. Maybe it will be a smaller ceremony. Will have to see next week.

Congratulations!
4 month is pretty darn fast.

Hi there, TheWho,.....

Here is a copy/paste from what I had posted a few days back. I forgot to mention that I was also asked to read and write a sentence. Very simple stuff; nothing to get worried about. If you have anymore questions, just ask away. I'm just glad to see that the Sacramento thread is waking up again. :D:D

"I had my interview, and everything was very smooth. Arrived about 25 minutes before my 2PM appointment. About 15 people were in the waiting area, and everyone seemed very relaxed and happy to be there. I was called in around 2:05PM by a very nice lady.

After giving me the oath, she asked for my passport, GC, and driver license but only glanced at my GC before giving all the documents back to me. She went over the application with me and shuffled paper work while beginning to ask questions pertaining to the civics test. She asked me six questions and then asked me to sign the passport photos. The she casually remarked that I my application has been approved.. The transition from going over the N-400 to the signing of the photos was so smooth that I never realized I was being tested until the interview was over. I was in her office for about 20 minutes because nothing was rushed. In all, the interview was professional but relaxing."

Catmomto3,

Can you post your interview experience?

Thanks.

I have a quick question.. when you mention that "they went over the application".. i am curious.. do they go over the whole application or just over Part 10 (the section about crimes, loyalty, blah, blah).

My wife is a new addition to Sacramento. We will see how fast she gets done..

06/18/08 - App Sent
06/19/08 - Checks cashed, Receipt generated
06/30/08 - Fingerprint notice received
07/12/08 - Fingerprint date