Sacramento Timeline

Today My wife and I received email that our case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be schedule

also our 1-485 and N-400 LUD got touched today.

I am not sure if they check our I-485 to check and send Yellow letter or it is just normal procedure.

Hi,

Both my and my wife's cases have been trasferred to the local DO.
We received updates a few minutes ago.

Timeline is below.

DO: Sacramento (myself and spouse)

N-400 sent: 08/17/2009
Package delivered: 08/20/2009
Receipt Note Date: 08/25/2009
FPs email (false RFE): 09/03/2009
FP notes received: 09/11/2009
FP submitted: 09/11/2009
FP original date: 09/17/2009 (not needed)
Both cases trasferred to the local DO: 10/07/2009

LUD for N-400s: 10/07/2009
LUD for I-485: 10/03/2009

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news for us Sacramento filler :)

I am still waiting for my IL / YL at mail. hopefully I receive it before end of this week

We got our IL yesterday. My wife Interview date is 3 days before me :eek:

My wife date on Nov 17th, mine on Nov 20th

We have not received the letters yet. The LUDs for our N-400 has changed on the last three days (10/07-10/09) but nothing esle so far.

I would probably prefer if the IDs would be the same for me and my wife. However, at this point, it is not very important.

Good luck.

Hi,

All I have is that our LUDs keep changing every day since 10/07 including Sunday and today(Columbus Day). There was no mail delivery today becasue of the Federal holiday. I hope that the letters will come this week. I saw quite a few people who waited recentluy about a week. One person waited ten days.

We received Interview Letters today (10/13/2009.) The ILs were issued and sent on 10/09/2009. The interviews are scheduled on Tuesday, 11/17 in Sacramento (650 Capitol Mall.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviews passed. The oath ceremony is tomorrow (11/18/2009).

We have our interviews today. The Oath is tomorrow at the Convention Center.

My wife had an appointment at 10a.m. My interview was initially scheduled at 1:30p.m. We parked at the the Wells Fargo multi-level parking complex on the Fifth street (lees than a block to the South from the Capital Mall and two blocks from the USCIS building). Two plus hours cost us $10.50 (the daily maximum is $18).

We arrived at 650 Capital Mall at 9:50a.m. My wife was called in about fifteen minutes later.

Her six questions were (I paraphrase):

1) Who is the head of the executive branch? (President)
2) Why colonists came to America? (freedom)
3) What was the main concern of the USA during the cold war? (communism)
4) What is one right for everyone living in the USA? (freedom of speech)
5) Who can vote?
6) If the president can no longer serve who becomes President? (Vice President).

The officer was nice. He did not want to see the proof that the (only) traffic ticket my wife had during her ten years in thre US has been paid. When the officer told my wife that she passed, my wife enquired about the possibility of taking her Oath tomorrow (the next Oath ceremony after that is a month later on December 16th). The officer checked with his supervisor who gave her approval. The my wife told her interviewing officer that I am also scheduled for an interview about three hours later (at 1:30p.m.) He again talked to the supervisor. The supervisor then herself interviewed me a few minutes later (around 10:30a.m.) The interview was also quick since I have no traffic tickets or any other offences/unpaid taxes/prior marraiges/etc.
I am a university professor so we also chatted a little bit about US education. at the end of the interview My Oath is also tomorrow 11/18/2009). I recall being asked to write: "There are one hundred senators." Of the six questions, I remember only three:
1) Who did the United States fight during the Second World War?
2) What is an amendment to the Constitution?
3) What is the capital of California?

Good luck to everybody.

We have taken the Oath today at the Memorial Auditorium of the Sacramento Convention Center. The Ceremony started at 9:30a.m. and the judge appeared at 10a.m. Out of about 790 people, the two largest groups were Indians (about 150) and Philippinoes (about 140). There were also many Chinese and Mexicans. There were also about 70 people from the former Soviet Union (mainly form Ukraine, Russia, and Moldova) as well as about 25 people from Pakistan and Afganistan. There were very few Western& Central Europeans (one Italian, one Dutch, one Czech). The ceremony was reasonably short- we were out by 11a.m. We parked our car at the Macy's parking facility. with the validation at Gap, the parking was virtually free.

Good luck to everybody.

My timeline and experience

I have used this forum so much, but I just realized I have not posted any info here. Here is my husbands experience.
My husband had his interview today and it was a breeze. We had to wait for about an hour before they called us in. The waiting room is just horrible. He went in, they asked him 6 questions which he got right. He asked him about his trip back to Sri Lanka and why he didn't take me(too expensive). Other than that, read the questions back to him off the N-400 form and we were out of there. It took maybe 15 minutes at the most. All I sent in with the N-400 was the tax returns like they asked. The guy barely glanced at our evidence or pictures. I took copies of everything like it said to on the white letter so they didn't have to make them.

I was expecting the third degree, but we have had nothing but good experiences at the Sacramento office.

As evidence, I gave

1. 1722 tax transcripts for past three years
2. Letter from mom that we live on her property(we have not lease or utility bills)
3. Joint Bank account statements for three months.
4. Joint Agreement for Lock Box At Bank
5. Joint Dental Bill
6. Statement that shows I am on his health insurance.
7. About fourteen pictures or various family events..

I also brought the required documents for the white letter(passport photos, my birth certificate and his travel docs and passport). I never recieved a yellow letter.

We didn't get an oath date because they said they were backed up and not to expect to get it until next year. That was a bummer, but over all it was a success.

When you go to Sacramento, you walk into this large room after you go through security. There is a reception window with the blinds down with a sign that says something to the effect of slip your interview notice through the slot in the window and we will get to you. Its confusing because it doesn't look like a place you would put a notice and people look bewildered. There is no one to answer questions. The IO's come out and call you and some people grabbed them to ask questions which were usually greeted coldly. One person came in that was deaf and I felt so sorry for him because before the IO realized this, he just thought the guy was gesturing for no reason and kind of brushed him off. In the end, they brought in a sign language interpreter. I would think this could be avoided by having a help desk somewhere to answer inquiries and assist those with disabilities.

The other thing is they don't shake hands. My husband was very offended when he reached out his hand to the IO and he said, "Oh we don't do that". Its probably an H1N1 precaution, but they never explained that either way and husband was sure huffy about that.

Hello Everyone,

I am a little confused......I had an interview on 2/17/11 and passed it. I was told that my oath ceremony would be on 3/16/11 during the interview. However, I haven't received my N-445 as of today (3/9/11). What is my next step?? If anybody can give me a advise, I appreciate it!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am a little confused......I had an interview on 2/17/11 and passed it. I was told that my oath ceremony would be on 3/16/11 during the interview. However, I haven't received my N-445 as of today (3/9/11). What is my next step?? If anybody can give me a advise, I appreciate it!!!
Follow up with an Infopass asap.

Hello Everyone,

Sounds strange, if you were really supposed to be scheduled for the March 16 oath, you should have gotten the oath letter by now.
As Bobsmyth says, try to schedule an INFOPASS as soon as possible. Also, try calling the 800 customer service number that is give on the N-400 receipt notice and see if they can give you any more info. Another thing I recommend is calling the office of your local member of the U.S. House of Representatives. Given how short the time is, you should either call them or visit them directly. Members of Congress have support staff experienced in handling immigration related inquiries and they may be able to get through to USCIS quickly and get some substantive answers. One of my colleagues at work did that successfully when she had problems with her oath, and the office of the local U.S. Representative was able to intervene quickly, within a couple of days.