Sacramento Timeline

Hey guys,

can one assume that, if everything goes fine with the interview, that oath is about 3 weeks later? I need to schedule some travel arrangements and need to have some ball park figure.

I'm so glad to have found this forum with info on Sacramento. Just started my journey towards citizenship and wanted to share my little timeline. Thank you.;)

April 2005 N400 submitted
June 2005 FP
Aug 2005 Interview
March 2007 2nd FP
Still waiting.
Numerous calls made to several people at USCIS, FBI.

My sacramento case status update:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Mailed to CSC: 07/28/2006
N-400 Received: 07/31/2006
1st FP Done: 08/10/2006 and FP clear
InfoPass: many times
2nd FP Done: 02/23/2008 and FP clear (1st FP expired)
Interview Date: 04/01/2008
Oath Notice: 04/10/2008
Oath Date: 04/24/2008
Passport applied: 04/24/2008 (expedite)

Finally, the journey is over:)

Congratulation!

The time between interview and oath is very short.
Could screw my travel plans big time, I have the same.

action123,
do me a favor and post your Interview experience here and also (if they tell you) the oath date and place. Since I have my interview the Monday after yours, it might help a little.

Hmm,

action123 never replied, hope he is well.

Did my interview today, 2:30pm with at most 10 min delay.
Was a very quick run over my application, no selective service stuff, no tax transcripts, zero additional paper and I had only filed the N-400 with 2 pictures. Gave him updates on employers (not quite applicable in my case) and travel dates - no issues there at all though I have some 200 days outside in 5 years.

Oath will likely be on the 28th and with that it's all over.

Hope the rest of you is that lucky and seriously - we are way to nervous when it comes to this. Just be honest and don't cheat and it's easy.

Hmm,

action123 never replied, hope he is well.

Did my interview today, 2:30pm with at most 10 min delay.
Was a very quick run over my application, no selective service stuff, no tax transcripts, zero additional paper and I had only filed the N-400 with 2 pictures. Gave him updates on employers (not quite applicable in my case) and travel dates - no issues there at all though I have some 200 days outside in 5 years.

Oath will likely be on the 28th and with that it's all over.

Hope the rest of you is that lucky and seriously - we are way to nervous when it comes to this. Just be honest and don't cheat and it's easy.
Congratulations, MartinAub!! Glad to hear that your interview went smoothly and that there were no problems. Things seem to be moving along very quickly in Sacramento, so I hope that you get your oath letter very soon! All the best to you.

MartinAub, thank you....

for all the updates you have been posting. They have been a great help and inspiration to me. Also, belated congrats on your successful interview. I'll be thinking about you on May 28th when you have your oath ceremony.
Watch out for all the rush hour traffic around the Memorial Auditorium. With the construction work going on outside, there is not much room left on the side walk where you may have to wait in line to get in. My husband can always tell when there is an oath ceremony; he sees hundreds of people snaked around the auditorium on his way to work. :D Please post how it went.
Have a wonderful weekend.:)

Well,

as of this am, I don't have the oath letter yet and as you know, no letter - no oath - no planning. Really bugs me the most about the process as I need to fly to Europe tomorrow on business and would love to be able to schedule flights, passport appointment, social security etc and so on.

Whilst I can appreciate that this is a very special event, it is also going to be extremely expensive for me. With fees and expenses, loss of income, this is going to cost me close to 30k, if not more.

Guys,

got my oath letter confirming the 28th of May at 7:30 am (killer time) - no complain.
29th will be spend in the SF passport office and then it is all over.

I'll report how it was and thank you people for help and support during those month of waiting - to those who still do - be patient and as in my case - smooth or not - it took just about 7 month with filing after the spike.

Hi Martin,

I have the same oath date with yours. Do you know where to park? Mine is going to be on J street. Maybe I should park at the mall?
Also My friend told me get a passport form from the post office, and submit the passport application after the ceremony it is always faster that way.
So I'm going to the post office next week get the form and bring your check book.

Where to apply in SF passport office? Why some people applied at SFO?
I also I read in Sacramento, at the post office on I street they have one service? Does anyone know how this thing work?

Guys,

got my oath letter confirming the 28th of May at 7:30 am (killer time) - no complain.
29th will be spend in the SF passport office and then it is all over.

I'll report how it was and thank you people for help and support during those month of waiting - to those who still do - be patient and as in my case - smooth or not - it took just about 7 month with filing after the spike.

Last edited by a moderator:
action123,

I only go to SFO because I am traveling that Sunday and need a passport. Due to construction and others, I might park outside and take the light rail - we'll see.

light rail? are you going to take the light rail from the downtown mall? is that possible? i'm not familiar with sacramento downtown.

action123,

I only go to SFO because I am traveling that Sunday and need a passport. Due to construction and others, I might park outside and take the light rail - we'll see.

Interview on the 28th

My spouse also recieved the oath letter for th 28th, however the oath ceremony for my spouse is at the courthouse and not at the memorial auditorium. i need to find out details about this courthouse and see where the parking is for this courthouse.

Martinaub - if your oath is at the memorial auditorium then there is a parking place close by on K stree i think, though the parking fee is jacked up for this event.

action123 - you can download the passport form from the state department web site. also while applying do apply for your passport card for an additional $25 which you can use instead of the passport for neigboring countries like mexico and canada. i received my passport within one week, so unless you need your passport within a week, i would suggest applying at your local post office. if they take passport applications at the oath site then dont forget to bring you photos along with your checkbook

Mine:

Mailed N400 Application - 7/24/2007
Application Received - 7/26/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 7/26/07
Check Cashed - 08/08/07
FP Notice Received - 9/11/07
FP Appointment Date - 10/09/07
FP Done walk in - 10/09/07
Interview Notice Received - 12/20/07
Interview Date - 01/28/08
Oath Notice Received - 01/30/08
Oath Date - 02/20/08
-------------------------------------------

Spouse:

Mailed N400 Application - 7/24/2007
Application Received - 7/26/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Application returned - 8/10/07 - 3 days earlier than 90 days
Application posted again - 8/24/2007
Application Received - 8/27/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 8/27/07
Check Cashed - 10/30/07
FP Notice Received - 12/18/07
FP Appointment Date - 01/11/08
FP Done walk in - 01/11/08
Interview Notice Received - 3/12/08
Interview Date - 4/17/08
Oath Notice Received - 4/30/08
Oath Date - 5/28/08