Sacramento Timeline

the address on mine is us dist court 1515 j street and then at the bottom says memorial auditorium. Is the us dist court and memorial auditorium the same?

I have downloaded the form for the passport instead.
By the way did they receive passport application at the time you did your ceremony? My friend told me in SF usually they do receive passport application after the ceremony.

My spouse also recieved the oath letter for th 28th, however the oath ceremony for my spouse is at the courthouse and not at the memorial auditorium. i need to find out details about this courthouse and see where the parking is for this courthouse.

Martinaub - if your oath is at the memorial auditorium then there is a parking place close by on K stree i think, though the parking fee is jacked up for this event.

action123 - you can download the passport form from the state department web site. also while applying do apply for your passport card for an additional $25 which you can use instead of the passport for neigboring countries like mexico and canada. i received my passport within one week, so unless you need your passport within a week, i would suggest applying at your local post office. if they take passport applications at the oath site then dont forget to bring you photos along with your checkbook

Mine:

Mailed N400 Application - 7/24/2007
Application Received - 7/26/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 7/26/07
Check Cashed - 08/08/07
FP Notice Received - 9/11/07
FP Appointment Date - 10/09/07
FP Done walk in - 10/09/07
Interview Notice Received - 12/20/07
Interview Date - 01/28/08
Oath Notice Received - 01/30/08
Oath Date - 02/20/08
-------------------------------------------

Spouse:

Mailed N400 Application - 7/24/2007
Application Received - 7/26/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Application returned - 8/10/07 - 3 days earlier than 90 days
Application posted again - 8/24/2007
Application Received - 8/27/2007 ( delivery confirmation)
Priority Date - 8/27/07
Check Cashed - 10/30/07
FP Notice Received - 12/18/07
FP Appointment Date - 01/11/08
FP Done walk in - 01/11/08
Interview Notice Received - 3/12/08
Interview Date - 4/17/08
Oath Notice Received - 4/30/08
Oath Date - 5/28/08

Memorial Auditorium is part of the Convention Center. I have no idea why they would include the US District court. Unless, they call it that while a judge is there to give the oath. Shrugging shoulders in confusion. :)

Alright, for those who have oath on 5/28 - the last week of waiting has begun. I am flying home from Germany tomorrow morning (local time obviously). Then a few days of relaxing and getting ready for the time after the oath. Made an appointment at the passport office in SF for 11am on the 29th. So basically two rather busy days. I hope I get out of SF at a reasonable time to stop at the social security office and get my status updated. Then a copy or a few of the certificate, one I have to mail - then it's peace and quiet.

Anyone has an idea how long the wait is at a passport office? Would be great, if this is an in and out process since the drive isn't exactly short. What would be bad is if the appointment is to file the papers and they tell you to come back at 4:30 pm to get the passport. Like with lovely visa applications abroad.

Any takers?

MartinAub...

...before you take your oath, I have a few questions. Will get back to you on that in a day or two. :)

I received a letter from USCIS stating that my previously scheduled interview for May 26th had to be cancelled and will be rescheduled and a separate notice will be sent. I never got a notice for the Interview if it was scheduled, and why would anyone schedule it on May 26th which is Memorial day a holiday? Also there's no receipt number on the notice it just says "WSC* "
However it has a A number. I called the customer rep. and they want the receipt number.

I received a letter from USCIS stating that my previously scheduled interview for May 26th had to be cancelled and will be rescheduled and a separate notice will be sent. I never got a notice for the Interview if it was scheduled, and why would anyone schedule it on May 26th which is Memorial day a holiday? Also there's no receipt number on the notice it just says "WSC* "
However it has a A number. I called the customer rep. and they want the receipt number.

The DO may have sent out the notice as a generic notice since they may have mailed some interview letters out by mistake for May 26. Call back customer service, choose option 1-2 6, tell them you don't have any receipt number and it's been more than 30 days since you filed. The first rep will transfer your call to an IO who will have full access to your case, including if interview was ever really scheduled in the first place

waiting for oath letter in Sacramento

Hi everyone! Is there anybody from Sacramento hasn’t received their oath letter? I’m still waiting for mine, it has been over one month already, I'm really worry, what should I do? The immigration officer told me I will take my oath with in one or two month, but~~~? I've sent a letter to congresswoman Matsui, hope she can help.

Application Received – 08/23/07
Priority Date - 08/23/07
FP Notice Received - 12/14/07
Interview Date - 04/17/08(passed)
Oath Notice Received - ??/??/08:mad:
Oath Date - ??/??/08:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! Is there anybody from Sacramento hasn’t received their oath letter? I’m still waiting for mine, it has been over one month already, I'm really worry, what should I do? The immigration officer told me I will take my oath with in one or two month, but~~~? I've sent a letter to congresswoman Matsui, hope she can help.

Priority Date - 08/23/07

USCIS has up to 120 days after interview to send you oath letter. Be patient and it will come soon.

I called the customer rep. at USCIS. They're saying that I just need to wait for the next letter and that they may have scheduled my interview for Memorial day by mistake. I also told them that I never got the interview letter and had the interview not been cancelled, I would've never known that there was an interview scheduled.
I asked if the USCIS can check if an interview was scheduled, if I called back later after a few days, she said they won't have that information.

So there's no way of knowing if you have an interview scheduled unless you get the letter!?!

I called the customer rep. at USCIS. They're saying that I just need to wait for the next letter and that they may have scheduled my interview for Memorial day by mistake. I also told them that I never got the interview letter and had the interview not been cancelled, I would've never known that there was an interview scheduled.
I asked if the USCIS can check if an interview was scheduled, if I called back later after a few days, she said they won't have that information.

So there's no way of knowing if you have an interview scheduled unless you get the letter!?!

You need to speak with IO not customer service rep. Call back, choose option 1(english)-2-6 and tell them you never received a NOA and it's been more than 30 days since you applied. They will transfer you to IO who will be able to determine if a date has been scheduled for you.

MartinAub...

could you let me know several things about your oath ceremony.

Is it necessary to start lining up outside at 7AM?
Is there more paper work before the ceremony?
When do they take your GC?
At what point do they give out the certificate? (must take a while with 1800 people; that's how many were there last month according to the local news)

Thank you:)

Also there's no receipt number on the notice it just says "WSC* " However it has a A number. I called the customer rep. and they want the receipt number.

do your NOA and FP letter have WSC number? that would be the case number, do as Bobsmyth said- and once CSR transfers you to IO give him WSC number.

Bobsmyth,thank you for your response

USCIS has up to 120 days after interview to send you oath letter. Be patient and it will come soon.

Hi Bobsmyth, thank you for the response:), I'm still wish congresswoman Matsui could help. I saw everyone from Sacramento if they had an interview on the same day as my interview which was April 17 2008, or some others were on May 2nd, or May 5th, they had all received their oath letter except me, may be the oath letter is missing? should I go to the ceremony and see if they will call my name? oh my god, I think I'm crazy now!!!:eek:

Hi Bobsmyth, thank you for the response:), I'm still wish congresswoman Matsui could help. I saw everyone from Sacramento if they had an interview on the same day as my interview which was April 17 2008, or some others were on May 2nd, or May 5th, they had all received their oath letter except me, may be the oath letter is missing? should I go to the ceremony and see if they will call my name? oh my god, I think I'm crazy now!!!:eek:

What you can do is make an Infopass in about 2 weeks if you haven't heard anything. Before you know it 120 days will be up and you will have received your oath letter..hang in there your journey is almost over..

Ok,

what freaks me out is 1800 people at the oath. I am used to flying and that is already a cattle drive. With 1800 people the whole thing is certainly an event, but from a personal perspective a major hassle and most certainly not enjoyable. I know it would be just once, but making this a pleasure too would be great.

What you can do is make an Infopass in about 2 weeks if you haven't heard anything. Before you know it 120 days will be up and you will have received your oath letter..hang in there your journey is almost over..

Hi Bobsmyth, is really nice to have someone talk with, so thank you!
I don't know what is "infopass" and how to get it, could you tell me about it?
Are you also waitting for immigration's responce? if you are then good luck to you too!:)

I had my interview on May2 and got a letter for Oath Ceremony for the same month. I think you should make an infopass like bobsmith said.

Priority Date - 08/23/07

Hi Bobsmyth, is really nice to have someone talk with, so thank you!
I don't know what is "infopass" and how to get it, could you tell me about it?
Are you also waitting for immigration's responce? if you are then good luck to you too!:)

Infopass is an interview with your local district office to check on the status of your case. You can schedule infopass at :

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

As for waiting for USCIS response, I'm still waiting for my interview letter and expect it in the next 2 months.