S. 1932 Status

I believe that in communicating with media or Senators we need to emphasise primarily on the fact that due to retrogression our spouses are not able to work. This is something which will get their attention more than the fact that we are not able to buy houses or cars or not able to jump to new job.

In this country almost everyone will support the fact that spouses need to have basic freedom to go out and work. We can supplement this by providing the educational qualifcation of our spouses and stating that this condition prevails for multiple years. Not having the basic right to go out and work for 4 or 5 years with bachelors or masters degree arrests their professional and career development and even carries a tremendous psychological impact on them.

Although many groups or political leaders may argue against increased immigration and they may be right that there is no need to increase the influx of foreign workers. Howerever no one can argue that spouses of the workers that are here in this country should go through this misery for 5 years.

I truely believe if we would have highlighted this fact as the first and foremost reason for S1932 we would have been succsessful.

GUYS ;

I DONT BELIEVE THAT JUST DOING MESSAGES ON THE FORUM ALONE
IS GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING.
THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS NO FACE TO THIS CAMPAIGN.
IF WE REALLY WANT TO ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING WE SHOULD
SIGNUP AND COME TOGETHER AS A PHYSICAL ENTITY
AND TRY TO MUSTER SUPPORT FROM THE SYMPETHETIC MEDIA, BUSINESSES,
MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN BOTH HOUSES AND WHOEVER ELSE AS WILL BE HELPFUL FOR THE CAUSE AND TRY TO CONVINCE THEM
ABOUT THE PLIGHT OF THOSE IN LEGAL PROCESS OF BEING IMMIGRANT
EACH ONE OF US HAS A STORY TO TELL OF THE ORDEAL ONE HAS GONE THROUGH.
ALTHOUGH IMMIGRATION IS NOT A RIGHT, NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS THE KIND OF RIDICULOUS PROCESS TO IMMIGRATION THAT WE ARE SUBJECTED TO.
WE ALSO NEED TO STRESS ON THE TREMENDOUS CONTRIBUTION THAT
FOREIGN ENGINEERS HAVE MADE TO ECONOMY AND TECHNOLOGY
GET STATS ABOUT THE MAJOR TECH CORPS ALONE (MICROSOFT\INTEL\SUN\ORACLE\MOTOROLA\HP\LUCENT\VER OZON ....AND ON .. AND ON..) AND GET THE NUMBER OF H1\IMMIGRANT EMPLOYEES.
THESE CORPORATIONS CAN ATLEAST ATTEST TO THIS FACT.
ALSO CONSIDER BUSINESS AND VENTURE INITIATIVES BY IMMIGRANTS
THAT ALONE WILL OPEN EVERY ONES EYES TO THE FACT THAT WE ARE
AN ASSET RATHER THAN A LIABILITY.

THE IDEA IS THAT; WHILE CONCEDING THAT IMMIGRATION IS A RIGHT WE NEED TO BRING FACTS TO LIGHT WHICH SHOULD ENABLE VIEWING US IN
A BETTER LIGHT.

IN CONCLUSION,
WOULD THERE BE AT LEAST 5000 AFFECTED GUYS WHO WILL BE WILLING TO
STICK UP FOR THIS CAUSE?

Guys, please do not try the spouses can't work......... thing.

Its never going to work... A friend of mine talked to the congressman's secy. and she immediately replied saying what about going to some other visa status like getting a degree (no one is stopping you from doing that) and if the spouses are that qualified they should get a job on their own and then they can get a work visa.

Please do not get me wrong on this.. I am with you all and its hard but makes perfect sense from their point of view.

Besides they do not want us in this country and with the issue of jobs going to foreigners and all why would they encourage spouses to work and take away the American jobs.

I think we should come up with arguements which would look authentic to them to win our case.. somebody mentioned in this forum that we should highlight something which will benefit this country too instead of just benefitting us. We are contributing to the economy of this country in a big way and this country is benefitting from us too. We should just find an effective way to say that to convince the lawmakers.

Any thoughts/comments are welcome....

Folks

Focussing Our Problems on TV or in front of the White house will DEFINITELY worsen our fight. The reason is simple. Even the ordinary citizen will then start opposing immigration.

As of today, only few educated folks are against immigration. If we gather in front of the white house or in a TV....then we are done.

No Senators will support us as public opposition will begin.

So far we are in the wrong track. The more we shout ...the more the public becomes aware that their jobs are being taken away and the Senators will favor the public.

Secondly considering USVAR's view on our wives' work status. The same things applies here. If we fight for our wives then Senators will again not support for us as American jobs are being lost.

So please please do not shout or simply contact Senators with your immatured decision. I am repeating this.

Bottom line-------------Americans have started realizing that their jobs are being taken away. So please do not frustrate them.

Let us fight it out next year by lobbying through AILA.

Becareful while talking in public forums like these..

Hey guys..

U might be knowing techworkers1 yahoo group is making the talks/discussions in public..
For some reason they started making everything in secured forum
@
http://www.nripost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337

Then comes 3 mails from anti-immigration people/zazona.com people

Pls becareful while talking in public forums..
Pls make everything secured and not visible for public..
IsnAmerica.Org already made their discussions to be in secured forum today...
I do not know whether it is coincdence or not.. but the moment isnAmerica.Org made the core group discussions secured and had access to only approved and for core group members...
the following 3 posts came..

And IsnAmerica.Org is suggesting not to reply and not to continue unnecessary discussions..
And make all core group discussions/strategies in places where public can not access like secured forums @

See these zazona.com people posts, then u understand how many anti elements are there in our surroundings
Pls read the full content of posts, then u understand how many are there in these forums around us..

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1249
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1250
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1251

and one guy replied a bit harsh
at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1253

May not be good idea giving replies like that and making unnecessary noice...

Pls join IsnAmerica.Org secured forum at
which is only having access to core group members, but not for public.

Also, I've seen many people complain to Senators/Congressmen (when they were writing to them to include 8001 in the bill) about employer "harassment" and that getting our GCs will help alleviate our sufferings. This is ridiculous, because it fundamentally voids the intent of employment based green cards and questions our intent to work for our sponsors long-term. I am NOT saying we should keep mum and let our employers exploit us, I am just saying that we shouldn't quote that as a reason. This could only work out against us.

NumbersUSA

Guys,

I have said this TIME and AGAIN. Let us PLS meet with NumbersUSA and educate them abt the advantages of legal immigrants. Pls let us educate them abt the difference between legal and illegal immigration.

Unless we reduce opposition from these "anti-immigration" ppl we are going to keep on losing the battle. This time we were comprehensively beaten by the anti-immigration efforts. Sen Specter tried his best but just cud not convince the house (i am guessing ppl like numbersusa already got to them first). If we want the next round of immigration reforms to reach us, we NEED to reduce this opposing pressure, if not totally eliminate it. With HR4437 dealing with illegals, this is the perfect time to meet with NumbersUSA and try and convince them that we are NOT the enemy, the illegals are.

Common guys these guys are really close to DC, surely we can muster up a team of 5 ppl to meet them. They are open to meeting ppl like us.

what makes you think - they dont' understand the difference between legal and illegal immigration?

If people of high reputation like specter couldn't convince them, do you think you would be able to play different tune to please their ears?

I'd say our efforts were too naive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it other way God_Bless_Yoy;
Many attorneys are helping us and have good wishes on our GC war. If employer are not genuinely interested, why they have filed out immigration petition? They really need and and want our better future.

Please take it postitive, We can not win this battle alone. They are our friends and We need their help.
I would humbly request every one not to put negative comments on any one.

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
business community, employers, Aila wants more h1 B rather than solutions to retrogression or more green cards ., they want more cheap tech labor!!

labor_replace said:
Folks

Focussing Our Problems on TV or in front of the White house will DEFINITELY worsen our fight. The reason is simple. Even the ordinary citizen will then start opposing immigration.

As of today, only few educated folks are against immigration. If we gather in front of the white house or in a TV....then we are done.

No Senators will support us as public opposition will begin.

So far we are in the wrong track. The more we shout ...the more the public becomes aware that their jobs are being taken away and the Senators will favor the public.

Secondly considering USVAR's view on our wives' work status. The same things applies here. If we fight for our wives then Senators will again not support for us as American jobs are being lost.

So please please do not shout or simply contact Senators with your immatured decision. I am repeating this.

Bottom line-------------Americans have started realizing that their jobs are being taken away. So please do not frustrate them.

Let us fight it out next year by lobbying through AILA.

You are writing as if that is true, we are not taking any jobs from americans, we are here because of their need and of-course ours as well, so it is a win-win for both. Everytime there is a job, the first preference goes to an american citizan , then any GC holder an so on, the ones who do not need any visa to work and then finally if they (companies) don't find any, then only we come in to picture. How many times have you seen a job ad saying " US citizens only" or "We don't sponsership for visa". I don't care much about having this GC in my hand but I do care about being able to file for I-485 which will give me more freedom interms of my career apportunities or just peace of mind and I don't have to go through the pain for getting my travell visa stamp every other year.

I think this problem should be addressed in Human Rights instead.

nozdam said:
Guys,

I have said this TIME and AGAIN. Let us PLS meet with NumbersUSA and educate them abt the advantages of legal immigrants. Pls let us educate them abt the difference between legal and illegal immigration.

Unless we reduce opposition from these "anti-immigration" ppl we are going to keep on losing the battle. This time we were comprehensively beaten by the anti-immigration efforts. Sen Specter tried his best but just cud not convince the house (i am guessing ppl like numbersusa already got to them first). If we want the next round of immigration reforms to reach us, we NEED to reduce this opposing pressure, if not totally eliminate it. With HR4437 dealing with illegals, this is the perfect time to meet with NumbersUSA and try and convince them that we are NOT the enemy, the illegals are.

Common guys these guys are really close to DC, surely we can muster up a team of 5 ppl to meet them. They are open to meeting ppl like us.

I totally agree with Nozdam, there is no harm in trying and if we can make them understand the situation I am sure we will be in much better position. It is all the matter of how clear you communicate, there is no hram in understanding their point of view either then only we can see the differnces (between NumbersUSA and our group), their root cause and think about an antidote to that.

sk_bayarea said:

Hey guys..

U might be knowing techworkers1 yahoo group is making the talks/discussions in public..
For some reason they started making everything in secured forum
@

Then comes 3 mails from anti-immigration people/zazona.com people

Pls becareful while talking in public forums..
Pls make everything secured and not visible for public..
IsnAmerica.Org already made their discussions to be in secured forum today...
I do not know whether it is coincdence or not.. but the moment isnAmerica.Org made the core group discussions secured and had access to only approved and for core group members...
the following 3 posts came..

And IsnAmerica.Org is suggesting not to reply and not to continue unnecessary discussions..
And make all core group discussions/strategies in places where public can not access like secured forums @

See these zazona.com people posts, then u understand how many anti elements are there in our surroundings
Pls read the full content of posts, then u understand how many are there in these forums around us..

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1249
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1250
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1251

and one guy replied a bit harsh
at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1253

May not be good idea giving replies like that and making unnecessary noice...

Pls join IsnAmerica.Org secured forum at
which is only having access to core group members, but not for public.

Get this....

I don't agree with you completely. Are you aware of the E3 work Visa issued to Australian Citizens to come and work in this country? Do you also know that their spouses are eligible to work on E3? I don't get the double-standards and never will. All said and done, we can do one of two things: Be positive and hope(which is very important in life, IMHO) someday you'd see the light at the end of the tunnel or pack the bags and go home! What is the GC worth? We have left our Mother Land and immigrated to this country, leaving our parents and everything that we love & grew up with..for what..to be humilated like this? And all this for so-called better standard of living or 1$ = Rs46 or more importantly to realize the American Dream.

I ask myself often, why do we have this slavery mentality or How does this GC change our life or give back the things that we left?

RAYDHAN said:
Guys, please do not try the spouses can't work......... thing.

Its never going to work... A friend of mine talked to the congressman's secy. and she immediately replied saying what about going to some other visa status like getting a degree (no one is stopping you from doing that) and if the spouses are that qualified they should get a job on their own and then they can get a work visa.

Please do not get me wrong on this.. I am with you all and its hard but makes perfect sense from their point of view.

Besides they do not want us in this country and with the issue of jobs going to foreigners and all why would they encourage spouses to work and take away the American jobs.

I think we should come up with arguements which would look authentic to them to win our case.. somebody mentioned in this forum that we should highlight something which will benefit this country too instead of just benefitting us. We are contributing to the economy of this country in a big way and this country is benefitting from us too. We should just find an effective way to say that to convince the lawmakers.

Any thoughts/comments are welcome....

Can you please email me

Nozdam
I agree that this the time we should use in a better way to come up with a multi-faced startegy, and i completely agree with you. Can you please find a minute to email me at satyasaich@yahoo.com. I have something to share

Thanks

nozdam said:
Guys,

Judging by the kind of material one finds on the more vocal anti-immigration sites (numbersusa, zazona and others of their ilk), it would seem that the powers that be in these places are well aware of the differences between legal and illegal immigration. I am not trying to discourage any one from trying to appeal to the rationality and arguably gentleness of these folks, however it is highly likely that with the kind or resources at the disposal of the few of us that are trying to contact the media/senators/congressmen etc, we would all be stretched a bit too thin. Just my $0.02.

nozdam said:
Guys,

Can we all be coordinated?

If you sign up on this thread: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1321355#post1321355 it will be very helpful.

I know there are some discussions of forming a core group (headed by Sunjoshi & others).

The core group will be going off this list at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1321355#post1321355 to determine who wants to be alone.

If we all work independently, we will be too fragmented and not as effective.

If you trust the energy on this thread & you want to do something PLEASE just sign up here at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1321355#post1321355 with your name (or username), location, and email address. You are giving away nothing personal - you can even create a special email address just for this.

If you BELIEVE you can make a difference or if you want to help the people who are fighting so hard for this, PLEASE sign up.

You may think that your effort does not make a difference but every little bit helps. It's like voting. Each person's vote by itself may feel small, but it is the sum of all these votes that decide the future of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys the deal with NumbersUSA or anyone for that matter is to PROVE to them that unless EB Immigrants who are Skilled Ppl are kept here, the jobs will move OUT of the country.

Let's present the facts. 2001 the major layoffs start, leaving to thousands of american tech workers jobless. 2003 The economy kinda improves but Outsourcing starts. Come 2004 more outsourcing of Tech jobs. Why is this happening, coz there just isint enough talent in the US to go around. If you cut down number of ppl coming here, but the companies STILL need technical workers with specific skills that the local population doent have, how are those demands gonna be met. THAT my friends shud be the focuss of our debates. Be it with numbersUSA, senators or congressmen.

If skilled immigrants are allowed to keep leaving the country for good, and with the news spreading in our home countries that the "US dream" is actually now a "dream", not too many folks wud wanna come here.

Come on guys SURELY a LOT of our companies themselves value our performances and would hate to see us leave (maybe not the desi consulting companies), because of a GC issue. Even if they CAN replace us with slightly cheaper labour from Fresh H1s, i am sure they wud prefer us, coz with tech skills we also know their Business and how to integrate the 2. If they hire a fresh guy from college or st from say Desh, that person will take his/her time to learn the business, learn all the code that we wrote etc, it's a learning curve.

Lets focuss on exactly WHY we are Needed here as Permanent Residents. I dont even think the argument that we will invest in real estate is gonna work. If we dont invest in real estate, we wil still pay rents and feed the apartment industry. Same holds true for other investments. If you have money u are GOING to invest it somewhere.