S. 1932 Status

8001 and 8002..we lost but ITS NOT OVER!!!!!

Guys,
Looks to me that nobody really cares for us, the people to come to this country, work hard and try to do the best. I think we should NOT stop fighting. Lets try to start writing letters to our senators ...to everyone who can have any infulence over the retro and EAD/485 issues. I believe that if we start now, they may open their blind eyes and understand the issues we have. The biggest problem is that they do not understand our situation, and they do not beleive immigrants are important for this country anymore.....

Can anyone wite a draft of a letter that we could start sending all over the place?

J

This document contains nothing about L-1 visa fees, unlike what the previous post said - also, the total savings of 39.7 does not match the 41.6 that everybody was talking about - which means, there are either additional cuts or revenue, probably after this report was completed. Does anybody have any link to the actual conference report?

baskin said:
the conference report has no immigration provision at all
http://www.house.gov/budget/policy-summary.pdf
it is over

Latest Conference Report: 109-362 not available yet.

THe report is not available yet. 109-362 and 109-363 are both online now. Maybe they are still typing it.

Hi All,

Lets not lose hope yet..Its hard on all of us and im feeling rotten too but lets plan ahead and see what we could do.

Any idea on if someone could call Senate or budget committee to get more details on whats included and whats not?

thanks

Thanks Strucklabor,

Please some one should take leadership to draft a letter urging all Senators to incorporate section 8001/8002 in the new bill (illegal immigrant enforcement bill)

I am not sure Senate will reject it outright.

I would take following logical thought:

1. It is universal truth that the US need additional manpower
2. They want to strict against illegal as they broke law, not paying taxes and may prove threat to national security
3. By driving out 11 million illegals will have immidiate impact on economy and severe shortage of labors. Businesses will be upset on this issue.
5. Republican are with business community
4. If they want to deport illegals without affecting severe labor shortage, and want to please business community, parallaly they have to increase legal immigrants and immidiate solution is increase employment base visa

I invite every one for brain storming on this issue

stucklabor said:
KhodalMD, this is a great idea! On first thought I thought it would work.

But the Senate is going to reject this bill outright. It will never get through the Senate.

But if parts of this bill pass, then we can try putting in 8001/8002 in this bill, which is at least about immigration. 8001/8002 belong more naturally here.

Great idea, Sarasri...

sarasri said:
Can someone take a look at the House bill, the Senate bill and the conference report from House and corroborate what nozdam has stated below ? I am not sure how the reconciling of senate, house and conference report really works ....

But as the originator of the idea, why don't you give it a try and tell us what you think.

lets stop a while...

This should only be done after Senate completes vote on the def reduction bill. Lets not derail the process and take the 800x from the bill and shift it to some other bill....
Only after correlating the Senate bill, the House bill, and the conference report can we finally decide that 800x is not in the bill. We still need to focus on Senate now.

khodalmd said:
Thanks Strucklabor,

Please some one should take leadership to draft a letter urging all Senators to incorporate section 8001/8002 in the new bill (illegal immigrant enforcement bill)

I am not sure Senate will reject it outright.

I would take following logical thought:

1. It is universal truth that the US need additional manpower
2. They want to strict against illegal as they broke law, not paying taxes and may prove threat to national security
3. By driving out 11 million illegals will have immidiate impact on economy and severe shortage of labors. Businesses will be upset on this issue.
5. Republican are with business community
4. If they want to deport illegals without affecting severe labor shortage, and want to please business community, parallaly they have to increase legal immigrants and immidiate solution is increase employment base visa

I invite every one for brain storming on this issue

bill passed today ,how can we conclude there is no 8001??Report still not available

S.1932
Title: An original bill to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 (H. Con. Res. 95).
Sponsor: Sen Gregg, Judd [NH] (introduced 10/27/2005) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.RES.640, H.R.4241
Latest Major Action: 12/19/2005 Conference report agreed to in House. Status: On agreeing to the conference report Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 212 - 206 (Roll no. 670).
Latest Conference Report: 109-362

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:s.01932:

RASHANCARD said:
dollars revenue generation which looks to be same as what wa estimated by recapturing of eb visa

This Byrd Amendment is different from the one he proposed against the visa benefits measure he introduced in Senate and failed. The 'Byrd Amendment' is to do with anti-dumping duties which would be levied on countries that are dumping goods into US and the money is channelled to US companies that are hit because they are not able to compete. Its a joke because this policy made one US company received more government money through this policy than the combined corporate tax they paid for the whole year.

Last edited by a moderator:
further I do not think senate can unilaterally add sections to a bill like this. then it will have to go back to house again.

we need to start thinking of supporting some other immigration bills such as Hagel's proposal already in the senate as a long term solution to this retrogression problem.
sarasri said:
This should only be done after Senate completes vote on the def reduction bill. Lets not derail the process and take the 800x from the bill and shift it to some other bill....
Only after correlating the Senate bill, the House bill, and the conference report can we finally decide that 800x is not in the bill. We still need to focus on Senate now.

Please stand united

Hello Every One,
Eventhough now we are in defeated stage, we should not loose our hopes and efforts. We should continue our fight towards this pathetic situation. It is well known fact that, there are thousands of people in this situation, struggling with this idiotic immigration disease and ready to fight against it.

I urge all our community to stand united and please please stick for one source where all people can continue their efforts. The reason i'm saying this is because currently there are different groups following different websites like Yahoo Techworkers1 group, Immigration portal groups and ISNamerica etc. I respect everybody's induviduality and leadership. But we can not achieve the final success by going individual, the larger the group, easy to win the game. So all people, we dont have a single leader. The whole community is the leader. The community should wake up, generate the heat, advice and take actions.

I do not have any special prefference to choose the website, only thing is we should meet in single place and continue our future actions in united way.

I'm sorry if this hurts any one.

I can take comments on this....

Thanks,
Viswa

vk2003 said:
This document contains nothing about L-1 visa fees, unlike what the previous post said - also, the total savings of 39.7 does not match the 41.6 that everybody was talking about - which means, there are either additional cuts or revenue, probably after this report was completed. Does anybody have any link to the actual conference report?

The final conference report mentions that the 'Judiciary committee' related savings are a net $ 553 million. This tallies with the saving mentioned in the budget policy document that were agreed upon in the conference report - Civil Case Filing: $170 M and increased Bankruptcy Filing Fee: $383 M. This totals to 170+383 = $ 553 M. What this essentially means is 'All immigration related (EB retrogression recapture, L1 and H1) savings are all out of the bill'.

Looks like we have to wait for the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill in February '06.

I think even if the coference report is not public yet the summary tells us that
8001 has not made it.

Guys can someone PLS tell me, why on the House website it says ONLY stuff abt the L1s and Not H1b/EB stuff?

Pdakwala, Sunjoshi rise and shine, there is a LONG drawn battle here to be fought, where are u my soldiers ;)?