S. 1932 Status

And the easiest to explain

Hopeful_123 said:
If not today, can you guys do it first thing on Monday morning? Go down to his office, speak to his staff, and ask if a message can be passed on to him?

Ask for at least the ability to file I 485 without a current priority date. I STILL FEEL THAT THIS IS THE ONE THING THAT WE CAN GET OUT OF THIS.

Especially because it does not increase immigration numbers! Smith and co were against Sec 8001 in toto because it does double or triple legal EB nmbers without proper hearings.

sent other 99 faxes

as my part of contribution, i have sent other 99 faxes from this morning.
so total my count 99 + 99....
will continue even this section excludes/stripps/removes from current bill.
thank u all

WE R UNITED....
KUDOS TO ALL........

200 people viewing this thread. Less than 20 sign-ups???

Hi Friends,

If you are viewing this thread - please take 2 minutes to sign up on this thread: http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=198900

PLEASE DON'T SIGN UP ON THIS THREAD - I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RECOVER ALL THE NAMES FROM THIS THREAD. AND I DON'T WANT TO DILUTE THIS THREAD (THIS IS THE MASTER THREAD).

PLEASE SIGN UP ON THIS NEW THREAD WHICH IS SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTING NAMES>
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=198900

I was a silent viewer myself for a long time but if we know what number of people are involved & where they are from, it will help coordinate our efforts immensely.

Even if you are VERY busy with work & family, surely you could spare an hour to visit a senator or H.R.'s office (since it could save you several years).

And by dividing this labor amongst the 500 + (maybe more) of us who are viewing this thread; we can ensure that a few people don't carry the burden of the work & that we can be more effective.

Please sign up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be prepared to hear NEWS

Floor updates...

1:00 P.M. -
Today's prayer was offered by the House Chaplain, Rev. Daniel Coughlin.
The House convened, starting a new legislative day.

Option for sending separate message to Lamar Smith

Option for sending separate message to Lamar Smith has been included in ISNAmerica's website
It is there in the Individual Fax and is the 1st option

Floor Updates...

1:05 P.M. - DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H. Res. 631.
Considered as privileged matter.
1:03 P.M. -
ONE MINUTE SPEECHES - The House proceeded with one minute speeches, which by direction of the Chair would be limited to 10 per side of the aisle.
1:02 P.M. - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Chair designated Mr. Poe to lead the Members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
1:01 P.M. -
The Speaker announced approval of the Journal. Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.

Hi Hopeful,

Ya, I like the idea of keeping this thread, and opening the other thread just to get the contact info. That sounds good.

S.

Hopeful_123 said:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Guys,
I AM not trying to detract from this thread. Not in the least.

I am just trying to extract some useful information from this thread because it is too large and difficult to manage.

Please just take 2 minutes and go to http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900 to give us your
1) Email Address
2) User Name
3) State that you are from (including city)

Right now 6 people are signed up! I'd like to see over 500 people signed up in the next 2-3 days. Please go and sign up. I feel it is the best way!!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

WP,

Thanks for letting everyone know. I just read ur private message and replid to it.

Is that book tv thing ON today?

I totally agree that we need to remain private, and we need to coordinate our efforts somewhat better.

Will post my thoughts on this shortly.

S.

WaldenPond said:
Dittoo .... Could not sleep .... However, the intent of my post yesterday was to let everybody know the facts on the ground as I learnt them and where this is headed and my take on the reasons for it ....

I did not convey the mesaage that it is over .... and if I conveyed that in anyway, I should apologize as that was not the intent.

People are still negotiating for the provisions in final version of S 1932 as part of the Committee report. And that is the reason I say that there is still chance as few good members in that committee may still working towards including this provision .... and to give them a chance .... we need to do our part with Congressman.

Also, if I may add, this is a Great forum to let everybody know what is going on. But the drawback is there are lot of lot of anti-immigration people looking at this too. Just as I am member of some of the anti immigration forums to find out what they are doing .... did not want to disclose this here but couldn't help. Based on so much cut-throat environment on this issue it is so easy to convince anybody towards being anti-immigration with sort perception that all immigration is ILLEGAL, as it is so superficial and easy. It makes Senators and congreeeman look political right even though working against legal immigration does not help the cause of stronger society.

Here is my take on the effort, if guys on this forum really want to achieve more than where we are today, we have to start a cordinated effort. This forum is good but public so there is no way to work on strategy and it's implementation. And we can get lot of organized help from other pillars of the society if we are organized. At this time we are bunch of motivated guys who are putting in lot of effort but in uncordinated manner. One such example of possible help from the pillars of society is involving writers, authors and reporters. There is a presentation and sort of introduction/discussion on the book 'The flight of the Creative class - Richard Florida' on BookTv (i.e. Cspan) at noon which will talk about how legal immigrants help the creative society and help build stronger communities and nation.

I will write more and send my ideas on how we could cordinate these efforts .... and everybody here are welcome to share your ideas ....

What do you say?

pray for every body

who believes god, pls do pray to give best(what ever) outcome of our efforts.
athests : pls ignore this message

FIRST THINGS FIRST

While we are trying hard to coordinate efforts and collect contact information, I think it is very important that we know what we are doing.

The topmost thing we need is CLARITY, so that our efforts are NOT half-hearted and we can also ENCOURAGE MORE NEW PEOPLE to join in.

I hope all of you will take time answering a couple of question below:
(LET US ALL have an agenda and let us go get it).

1. What the hell are we trying to achieve?
H1-b increase? EB retro relief? Concurrent filing? Using past unused visa numbers? What the hell is it? WHAT IS OUR GOAL? Let us get it clear. Then let us refine it to be sure that there will be least opposition to it (politically).

2. Why is it better to go after this effort in a group instead of just doing it alone? Why wouldn't it be better to just do our own thing. For example I have a great story to tell, so how do I benefit from being part of a larger group? (for example).

S.

I do not think these folks are qualified to take decisions.

I e-mailed faxed to senators and congressmen. They sent replies and most of them talk about H1B. If these guys do not know the difference, they are just not qualified to take out (or even may be include) section 8000/8001 in the bill. They badly need a lot of education on this matter and we should do some thing in that regard.

Update: I called the House Judiciary committee

about 2 hrs back and was told this:

"No immigration provisions are included in the conference report"

"The conference is closed - final signatures are done, the congress will be voting on it today."

I still feel that we need to wait and see.

What we are trying to achieve??

#2742 18th December 2005, 02:55 PM
spgtopper
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2005

FIRST THINGS FIRST

While we are trying hard to coordinate efforts and collect contact information, I think it is very important that we know what we are doing.

The topmost thing we need is CLARITY, so that our efforts are NOT half-hearted and we can also ENCOURAGE MORE NEW PEOPLE to join in.

I hope all of you will take time answering a couple of question below:
(LET US ALL have an agenda and let us go get it).

1. What the hell are we trying to achieve?
H1-b increase? EB retro relief? Concurrent filing? Using past unused visa numbers? What the hell is it? WHAT IS OUR GOAL? Let us get it clear. Then let us refine it to be sure that there will be least opposition to it (politically).

2. Why is it better to go after this effort in a group instead of just doing it alone? Why wouldn't it be better to just do our own thing. For example I have a great story to tell, so how do I benefit from being part of a larger group? (for example).

S.

Hi SPGTOPPER,

The provisions can be divided into 3 categories.

Increase in H1B VISAS
I definitely support increase in the H1B program & do have my reasons for wanting this to happen (My sister is getting married and coming here. She's affected by non availability of H1Bs). BUT that is a controversial and difficult battle. I WANT TO SEPARATE IT OUT IF POSSIBLE BECAUSE BY BUNDLING EVERYTHING TOGETHER WE WILL FIND MORE OPPONENTS.
I AM NOT FIGHTING FOR THIS RIGHT NOW.

PERMANENT SOLUTIONS FOR RETROGRESSION
This includes measures that will increase number of permanent visas such as
1) Recapture of Visa numbers
2) Removing per country limits
3) Not counting spouses and children but only counting the primary applicant.

Again, I want this 100% but I also know that any increase in permanent visas will draw a lot of controversy and opposition. This is a long term battle to be fought though

TEMPORARY RELIEF FOR RETROGRESSION

By allowing the filing of I-485 without a current priority date.

As I've said before THIS is the one that is my immediate focus for a couple of reasons.
1) Filing 485 provides much of the benefits of green card (EAD for self & spouse) as well as advance parole. It is not AS GOOD AS getting the green card but offers us flexibility and freedom.

2) I FEEL THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING THIS THROUGH.

2A) It DOES NOT increase either temporary or permanant visas. Therefore it has NO IMPACT whatever

2B) On compassionate grounds, (given that USA stands for freedom), even somone like Lamar Smith will see the validity that there is no point in tying a person to a single employer for several years and that after labor has been approved - some flexiblity should be given to the person. They don't want us to be slaves to our employers.

2C) It can easily be added as an addendum to some provision. It is innocuos enough that I think numbersusa and the other anti immigrant groups should not oppose it.

It is a win win because it DOES NOT INCREASE IMMIGRATION but it makes our lives easier.

Therefore if you ask me, I'm fighting for # 3 TEMPORARY RELIEF FOR RETROGRESSION FIRST and then for # 2 PERMANANT SOLUTIONS FOR RETROGRESSION.

I would call # 3 the short term goal that I want to win but # 2 as the long term goal

Watch on Windows Media Player ver 9

rucshaca,

just go to c-span.org and you will see the link under "On capitol Hill"

OR you can watch it on www.fednet.net

Hopeful,
We do not need to fight for 1) INCREASE IN H1B VISAS, big corporations will do this and will have a good case for it than we can provide. Just my opinion...