S. 1932 Status

Lamar smith

I just called and left a message on Lamar Smith voice mail. All these guys must be busy in conference, each time they return to their offices, if they hear one or two messages about this atleast, it will atleast 1% weigh on their deliberations, it is simple psychology. We can worry about any post mortems later and organise a more concerted effort in the spring. If nothing else these guys will be more softened up to the legal immigration next year when the big immigration debate takes place. Hopefully the business lobby will not abandon us then.
Obviously Lamar Smith is the Key. Sensenbrenner is passive, Conyers has said he is supportive, and Lamar Smith has done all the bidding for Tancredo previously.

A small doubt:

Shouldnt we talk to the SENATE and first make them bring up this issue.

IF THIS ISSUE IS NOT EVEN BROUGHT UP, whats the use of persuading/lobbying Lamar Smith - am i missing something?

Shouldnt we persuade Arlen Specter's office too and request that this section be considered?

Thanks,

pdakwala said:
I will do that. Everyone, Please keep calling. The game is still not over. I just spoke to the individual at Senator Arlen's office. He said that the discussion is still going on. There is a chance to make any changes needed.

Everyone please get in touch with Lamar and Senator Arlen. Anyone from Texas need to come forward immediatly. He no matter what has to call Lamar Smith and convince him to support the immigration provision.

I am from TEXAS. I have called the DC number for Lamar to leave a voicemail. I've called his district numbers and left a voicemail. How else can I help? (especially since this is the weekend & also that he is in DC right now)

Hopeful, request modification to your first post in that thread

Hopeful_123 said:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Guys,
I AM not trying to detract from this thread. Not in the least.

I am just trying to extract some useful information from this thread because it is too large and difficult to manage.

Please just take 2 minutes and go to http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900 to give us your
1) Email Address
2) User Name
3) State that you are from (including city)

Right now 6 people are signed up! I'd like to see over 500 people signed up in the next 2-3 days. Please go and sign up. I feel it is the best way!!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Hopeful, I am requesting a modification to your thread. Could you edit your first post and also ask people what they are willing to do and what contacts they have, in addition to the usual phone/email/fax? If we have that info (could you please collate in a text file or spreadsheet) then we can see if we can get a core group together who will do more than just phone/fax/call.

Thanks.

I agree with you bridgeguy. Someone needs to bring this up again. Specter is the best bet. Perhaps when one of us gets through next to his office, we can explain that we have called the house conferees who did not appear completely opposed to it once they heard about our situation.

Yes I can do that.

I will add those two questions to my first thread. I will also collate it once it gets to around 100 people signing up.

After that, we'll have to figure out a smarter way of collecting this information (e.g. maybe we create a form that they can submit which will collate this information.

15 sign-ups so far. BY EOD I want it to be in the 100s! We need people from every state, and if possible from Every District

Last edited by a moderator:
PKPKPKPK,

If you are not too far from Lamar Smith's office in you area and if it is possible for you, please try to reach his office in person. I know he is in washington but it you go ther and insist them they may connect you to him in Washington on his cell phone or may be personnel line. If that is not possible then try again to call him in person. Also the House is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. EST today so try to reach him again between 12 and 1 p.m. EST

The game is not over untill this bill passes both the House. This bill will have tough time to pass through the House and Senate. If the bill does not pass it will be again back on conference committee table. Also Senator Arlen's office said that they can make changes in the bill any time as long as it is not on the floor. So Game is still not over. Keep pressue on.

It's sad this is happening in the weekend. I have been trying to reach Lamar Smiths' office since morning 7est untill now. I am always hitting the VM. I have also sent many faxes to him since last night. I think physical representation is required to reach him may be.

reg. efforts to contact Lamar Smith

Hey guys

need to be out without computer access so if you guys can find a way to reach lamar, please reach me at 908 930 8819

I have a story to tell him and am from Austin TX

Keep on it guys....

pkpkpkpk said:
I am from Texas but am having no luck reaching Lamar Smith....
If you guys know of a way, pls post...

I am only getting his VM....I also left messages at the Austin and San Antonio offices....

Too bad this stuff is happening on a weekend.....

The only reward for good work is more work

Hopeful_123 said:
I will add those two questions to my first thread. I will also collate it once it gets to around 100 people signing up.

After that, we'll have to figure out a smarter way of collecting this information (e.g. maybe we create a form that they can submit which will collate this information.

That was a good suggestion so you are going to have to do the work to follow it through :) kidding.

I would suggest collating every 10 people or so or it may seem like a mountainous task but it is up to you.

If it is any consolation, there is a user called Just-Watching who is maintaining over 1000 labor cert applications over in the Backlog elimination tracker.

During the weekend they sometimes do not clear their VM. Keep calling, at 202-224-4254. If one is lucky someone will pickup.

pdakwala said:
PKPKPKPK,

If you are not too far from Lamar Smith's office in you area and if it is possible for you, please try to reach his office in person.

Austin District Office
5608 Parkcrest Drive, Suite 260
Austin, Texas 78731
512-402-9743
512-402-9867 fax

San Antonio Office
Guaranty Bank Building
1100 NE Loop 410
Suite 640
San Antonio, TX 78209
210-821-5024
210-821-5947 fax

Guys,

Senator Arlen Specters voice mail is full...is there any other way to catch his attention?

In person would be good...trying to explain what posmd just said

I am sure there are many people from Tx. Please get together and talk and set up some time so that you can go to Lamar Smith's office. This is very urgent. Chances are that his local office may not be open but who knows some time they do work.

pkpkpkpk said:
Hey guys

need to be out without computer access so if you guys can find a way to reach lamar, please reach me at 908 930 8819

I have a story to tell him and am from Austin TX

Keep on it guys....
Austin District Office
5608 Parkcrest Drive, Suite 260
Austin, Texas 78731
512-402-9743
512-402-9867 fax

People From San Antonio And/or Austin?

Can we ask you for a favor? Can you call to see if Lamar smith's district office is open today? (just give them a call). If so then go down there to see if there is a way to reach him.

If not today, can you guys do it first thing on Monday morning? Go down to his office, speak to his staff, and ask if a message can be passed on to him?

Ask for at least the ability to file I 485 without a current priority date. I STILL FEEL THAT THIS IS THE ONE THING THAT WE CAN GET OUT OF THIS.

(and it is potentially the most valuable)

Please everyone go and sign up with name and e mail on the thread "Please sign up here those who are following S1932"