S. 1932 Status

Folks my 2 cents having some bullets may help emphasize

E.g
Affected people
1. Engineers
2. Scientists
3. Doctors - Practising, working in Non-Profit Hospitals, National Reserachs at NIH etc.
4. Students completing Higher Degrees MS, PHD from American Universities

Also saying that the backlogs leave enough room for employer exploitation and keeping the wages low rather than saying cannot change job

Also just in case some may not be aware For Fax it may be worth downlaod a free internet fax to your computer though it doesnot have the ability to get a signature on and in some computers a fax modem is built in too with fax software
Programs-->Acessories--> Communication--> Fax but you need to connect using a phone line used for internet dial up
rucshaca said:
COMBINED DRAFT ...... please review (+/-)

Painful story of legal immigration and big investment loss to the government.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are debates on legalizing illegal immigrants but no attention is being paid to the plight of LEGAL immigrants who have been waiting several years while their application for permanent residency languishes due to an issue called "Retrogression".

This is frustrating at best, because professionals of the highest quality, tax payers who have contributed to the US and households who brought family values to this country are going through pain and agony.

And keep in mind that these are LEGAL immigrants who have invested several years in the country. Moreover they are researchers, scientists, doctors, & engineers people that contribute powerfully to the USA.

This is the story of thousands of hard working to-be legal immigrants. "xyz" is working for his life, moreover his wife is not allowed to work and share the burden of their household. "xyz" is a cancer patient and he has to work in order to fight against his illness. There dependant's can not apply for the Social Security number either. The govt is blind not taking any actions and letting other nations such as Asia to take advantage.

This is one such painful story as there are nearly 400,000 people affected by the retrogression and are facing serious trauma due to retrogression. Many people are feeling doom and gloom over the delays in the I-485 processing for most employment-based categories. The Senate and the House are discussing this to resolve it via section 8001 of the S.R. 1932 allowing applicants to file for adjustment of status even if the visa number is retrogressed. This will not only help resolve this issue but will also encourage generating huge amount of US revenues and taxes by raising the fees on these Visas. Failing to pass this bill will not only make potential loss of billons of dollars in investment and growth opportunites for americans but also frustrate hundered and thousands of brains to look for alterantes. In lack of an immediate action, will be a big innovation loss for US and an eventual brain drain to Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
nozdam said:
I agree with Sunjoshi too, lets PLS not use the person's health to further our cause. Sunjoshi, i agree with the sentiment here that you have been instrumental in this effort against retrogression. If we are contacting the media, pls post that info here, i would love to help out.

Hello nozdam, pdakwala, spgtopper,

Would request you to please check your Private Messages on this forum.

Khris said:
Can someone fax it to the media, we have 2 more hours before it is 2AM in EST and it has to reach the media office before that to come out in Sunday's paper.

I believe press releases can submitted free to all the media though PRweb.com

This way it will go to thousands of journalists/media organizations and hopefully some of them will publish it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam in east coast, still awake ............ we have few mins left to explode it to media folks .............

come on ...........

Lets stick to one post rather than multiple versions

I have made some changes according to my opinion and am posting it here, feel free to make more changes. I also feel that we are not using our friends cause but are helping him out. I guess someone has mentioned in their posts that even though there are no VISA numbers USCIS sometimes makes exceptions if that can be done by these faxes to the media then it would be of a great help to it. Again if anyone feels that it is not good using his name then we will remove it. Take a look at this and plz comment so that we can get it done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Painful story of legal immigration and big investment loss to the government.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are debates on legalizing illegal immigrants but no attention is being paid to the plight of LEGAL immigrants who have been waiting several years while their application for permanent residency languishes due to an issue called "Retrogression".

This is frustrating at best, because professionals of the highest quality, tax payers who have contributed to the US and households who brought family values to this country are going through pain and agony.

And keep in mind that these are LEGAL immigrants who have invested several years in the country. Moreover they are researchers, scientists, doctors, & engineers people that contribute powerfully to the USA.

The impact of retrogression is devastating. In spite of investing several years in the country, one is unable to settle down and become a permanent resident.
- There is no flexibility to change jobs or even titles, leaving enough room for employer exploitation and keeping the wages low
- Spouses are not allowed to work.
- The visa status has to keep being extended
- The person has to leave the country with NO grace period of he or she loses their job.
- In this state of flux, it is impossible to make decisions like purchasing a house, having children, etc

This is the story of thousands of hard working to-be legal immigrants. "xyz" is working for his life, moreover his wife is not allowed to work and share the burden of their household. "xyz" is a cancer patient and he has to work in order to fight against his illness. There dependant's can not apply for the Social Security Number either.

This is one such painful story as there are nearly 400,000 people affected by the retrogression and are facing serious trauma due to retrogression. Many people are feeling doom and gloom over the delays in the I-485 processing for most employment-based categories. The Senate and the House are discussing this to resolve it via section 8001 of the S.R. 1932 allowing applicants to file for adjustment of status even if the visa number is retrogressed. This will not only help resolve this issue but will also encourage generating huge amount of US revenues and taxes by raising the fees on these Visas. Failing to pass this bill will not only make potential loss of billons of dollars in investment and growth opportunites for americans but also frustrate hundered and thousands of brains to look for alterantes. The govt is blind not taking any immediate actions and letting other nations such as Asia to take advantage. In lack of an immediate action, will be a big innovation loss for US and an eventual brain drain to Asia.

------------------------------------------------------------------

rucshaca said:
nato, Khris and ALL,

can you guys add youe stuff and post ..that be much easier .........

NEWS agencies Email/phone/fax numbers

Here is the list of NEWS agencies Email/phone/fax numbers.if people cannot send fax pls. send emails.

1. CBS Evening News email: evening@cbsnews.com phone: 212-975-3247
2. Associated Press email: info@ap.orgphone: 202-776-9400 (DC) or 212-621-1500 (National News)
3. C-Span Washington Journal email: journal@c-span.org
4. ABC News email: PeterJennings@abcnews.com phone: 212-456-4040
5. PBS NewsHour email: newshour@pbs.org phone: 703-739-5000
6. The Baltimore Sun, Public Editor Paul Moore email: publiceditor@baltsun.com phone: 410-332-6364
7. ABC Nightline email: nightline@abcnews.com
8. NBC News email: nightly@nbc.com phone: 212-664-4971 fax: 212-664-4426
9. Wall Street Journal email: wsjcontact@dowjones.com phone: 212-416-2000 fax: 212-416-2658
10.CBS, 60 Minutes email: 60m@cbsnews.com phone: 212-975-3247
11. Newsweek email: letters@newsweek.com attn: National Affairs Editor phone: 212-445-4000 fax: 212-445-5068
12. Chicago Tribune; Don Wycliff, Public Editor email: Dwycliff@tribune.com phone: 800-874-2863 fax: 312-222-2550
13.Washington Post Ombudsman, Michael Getler email: ombudsman@washpost.com phone: 202-334-7582 fax: 202-334-5269
14. USA Today Managing Editor of News, Carol Stevens email: editor@usatoday.com, Attn: Carol Stevens phone: 800-872-0001 or 703-854-3400 fax: 703-854-2165
15. Toledo Blade Ombudsman, Jack Lessenberry email: omblade@aol.com phone: 419-724-6200
16.National Public Radio, Ombudsman Jeff Dvorkin email: ombudsman@npr.org phone: 202-513-2000 fax: 202-513-3329
17. Philadelphia Inquirer, Deputy Managing Editor for News Carl Lavin email: clavin@phillynews.com phone: 215-854-4562
OR
National News Editor Ned Warwick email: nwarwick@phillynews.com
18. ABC World News Tonight email: PeterJennings@abcnews.com phone: 212-456-4040 fax: 212-456-2795

19.Knight Ridder, Washington Bureau Chief John Walcott email: jwalcott@krwashington.com
20. Boston Globe, Ombudsman Christine Chinlund email: ombudsman@globe.com phone: 617-929-3020 (or 3022, to leave a message)
21. Houston Chronicle, Reader Representative James T. Campbell email: readerrep@chron.com phone: 713-220-6303

rucshaca said:
what are folks of isnamerica website doing ?

did somebody tried calling them ,,,,,,,,,,
I sent them email. not sure if they have seen that. I pointed them to this forum and requested for free web service

Any comments on the story to be sent

Guys I am in the east coast and we need to act fast, we have about an hour or even less than that to send it to the media so if anyone can comment on how we are sending it and the content to be sent, we can send it ASAP.

rucshaca said:
what are folks of isnamerica website doing ?

did somebody tried calling them ,,,,,,,,,,

No Acess to fax

I am in the east coast but no acces to fax. Any 24/7 staples store? Planning to send email from multiple address. But fax will be good one.

Based on your suggestions I have contacted the appropriate people..I would rather NOT be mentioned in the media, since that will add additional media pressure on me..People around me can possibly correlate that to me.You can mention this as a possible/hypothetical/general case that can happen to anyone:
"Non-immigrants undergoing treatment for serious illnesses have to worry about the continuity of the treatment. The inability of their spouses to work add to the misery"

I would rather NOT be mentioned as a specific case..
Pls don't get me wrong. You guys are great friends!

Lab_cld said:
I am in the east coast but no acces to fax. Any 24/7 staples store? Planning to send email from multiple address. But fax will be good one.

Hello Lab_cld, I offer to send the fax. Please send the latest file as attachment and I will fax it to all the fax numbers mentioned in the previous post.

Keep the pressue on ....

some faxes will not make much effect. We have to send out 100,s of faxes to make it effective thata the reason I was thinking of efax option. If fax I can send 100+ but if its email I can send approx 10 since I have to keep creating new email addresses also for it to be unique.