S. 1932 Status

duttdip said:
call Sen Specter's office and tell him my situation (you can include this as a one-off case in your ppts). I left VMs and posted over the web but he would not reply becuase I am from CA.

I am suffering from Hodgkin's cancer (the same disease that Sen Specter has).. Currently my wife cannot work and support me financially. The future of my therapy also looks uncertain because of the retrogression.

I do not think anyone other than Specter will understand this better and empathize with it, since he has the same disease.. I am working fulltime during my chemotherapy to keep paychecks coming..

This is possibly one of the extreme examples of the consequences of GC delay.
May God cure you from this terrible disease!

No one can tell the story better than yourself...
Just find a philly address/zip code, use a calling card or a phone number masking service and call...

Sensenbrenner

Superman,

You are living up to your name! Anyway great that you were able to get the powerful congressmans ear.
I am certain that any last minute contact you can make with him or at the very least his office to remind him of his assurance to you would be a great help. It is now up to those 3 guys mostly. Senators will definitely try but it will be up to these 3 to convince their party on this point.
It is worth a shot and you are in the cat bird seat.
It might be a good idea to remind Lamar Smith about the 1/2 billion dollars in projected revenue that this bill is bringing, in addition to the just cause of easing the onerous burden on Legal Immigrants.

Best of luck to you and all of us.

I really feel good about this. Keep up the pressure guys we can pull it off.

what message to left

can somebody give an outline of what needs to be talked to these three persons.
i left VM for smith but i think i was not efficient enough.
Please one of you guys can simply put an outline kind of format .
do i need to tell my name and my adress, my company name, my job description, my visa status e.t.c..
what should we tell and what should we not tell .
somebody please

Please make suggestions

The key words when dealing with Mr.Smith should be "legal immigration" and only "recapture of unused visa numbers and not increase" and enable AC21 provision to be applied by letting I-485 filing without current visa numbers.

From Rep. Smith's Home page:

http://lamarsmith.house.gov/news.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=758

Washington, D.C. – Congressman Lamar Smith (R-TX-21) today hailed the passage of the “Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005,” which was approved by the House Judiciary Committee.

“This legislation, if it becomes law, would be a huge step forward in securing our borders and protecting the lives and property of Americans,” said Congressman Smith.

Congressman Smith is an original co-sponsor of the legislation (H.R. 4437), which:

• combats illegal immigrant smuggling and discourages the entry and presence in our country of foreigners who have committed crimes;

• makes it easier to apprehend, convict, and deport potential terrorists;

• allows employers to check whether a job applicant is legally in the United States; and

• results in more illegal immigrants being deported more quickly.

“Immigration is an emotional, sensitive and complex subject,” explained Congressman Smith. “But Americans – citizens and legal immigrants alike – have every right to secure borders and a safe homeland.”

duttdip, May God be with you & your near ones!

duttdip said:
call Sen Specter's office and tell him my situation (you can include this as a one-off case in your ppts). I left VMs and posted over the web but he would not reply becuase I am from CA.

I am suffering from Hodgkin's cancer (the same disease that Sen Specter has).. Currently my wife cannot work and support me financially. The future of my therapy also looks uncertain because of the retrogression.

I do not think anyone other than Specter will understand this better and empathize with it, since he has the same disease.. I am working fulltime during my chemotherapy to keep paychecks coming..

Some relief, if not everything that originally was asked for, is bound to happen! Hope this brings you, what you need to take care of your illness! Best of luck! May God be with you and protect you!

Last edited by a moderator:
TX Congressman

I left a VM to Texas congressman Lamar Smith's. Hope he will listen to atleat few of our calls. I sinserely advise every one to call these people who will decide our fate in the hours to come.

Hats off to other active folks in the group Sunjoshi, Pdakwala, Superman, list goes on.....

Your efforts are highly appreciated by the entire to-be immigrant community.

Florida reps numbers please

IF they ask for zip code , it means they are serving only their people .That does not mean other zip code people not do anything .

I want to call my rep's and ask them to advice the conference com mittee.

I feel very sory for you. I will pray God to help you get wel soon.

God bless you

duttdip said:

manishi said:
can somebody give an outline of what needs to be talked to these three persons.
i left VM for smith but i think i was not efficient enough.
Please one of you guys can simply put an outline kind of format .
do i need to tell my name and my adress, my company name, my job description, my visa status e.t.c..
what should we tell and what should we not tell .
somebody please

I think the message should be like thie" I am(name) working for,...... as....... calling to request your support for the inclusion of Section 8001 under Title VIII of the original senate version of S1932 which allows for the recapture of 90000 unused green cards for employment based immigration. Icame to this country legally and have applied for lawful permanent residence based on employment in a job certified by the DOL as one where no American worker is available. But now my future is badly affected by the unavailibility of green cards due to retrogression. This bill if passed will be a releif for me, and many other skilled professionals like me. It would enable us to invest and own in this country instead of investing in my home country, knowing that I have a secure and certain future here. This will help us contribute our best to this great nation.

I sincerely request your support for the inclusion of this bill.

Thank you for your time
Name

Phone message format

Gurus - Please correct if this is wrong.. Many of them have been asking for what message to leave.. But not many responses appeared in the forum... I am attempting to give it some shape.. Please point out mistakes or feel free to correct:

-----------------raw sample text --------------------
I came to know that you are a committee member for Title VIII of the senate bill and Title V of the house amendment. I request you to include section 8001 from the senate version of Title VIII, S.1932. Section 8001 will recapture unused visa numbers and will enable legal immigrants who have been working in this country for the past several years to adjust their status to permanent residents. Please note that this is not an increase in visa numbers but a one time adjustment because of lost visa numbers. I know that you were instrumental in passing the bill in 2002 to enable legal H1B workers to extend stay in this country based on pending labor certifications. This is an additional step that will help the same legal immigrants to make further progress in their permanent residency process. In addition to this, it will fetch the government about 500 million in revenues as each visa number will be used by the application with a $500 fee when filing.
-------------------raw sample text-------------------------------------------

duttdip said:

duttdip:

I am really sorry to hear that. Hopefully by GOD's grace things will get better for you. Hang in there.

Dont forget to call Mr.Hastert

Mr. Dennis Hastert is now responsible for passing all bills in the House in the absence of Mr.DeLay . If he is convinced , our job will be easy . Please contact him also .

Duttdip - Sorry to hear your plight.

Hope & pray the passage of this bill or an equivalent bill in the near future will provide relief to you and your family.

duttdip said:

Duttdip may god be with you through this troubled time. All of us are affected by retrogression but I personally feel if anyone deserves GC then you must be the first choice.

Good luck with your GC and hope all your process goes on without any trouble. I am not from PA but I will try to give him a call and talk to him about your situation.

May god bless you

duttdip said:

my experience in calling

I again called up smith's office and left VM . This time i was satisfied .
Then......
i called John Conyers, Jr. office and a man lifted may be his secretary. i asked for John Convyers. he told me that he is on the house floor. so i asked him to pass the messagehe listened .then he put the phone . i was not able to recollect wht he said in the last minute.
but do you think my message will be passed?

what happens in these situations.
i basically want to as effective as possible. i am new to this kind of scenario.
so if anybody has ny commenst that would be helpful.

by the way i was not able to get hold of the first person in the list of 3.

did anybody has any success?

For Physicians

I left a message on Smith's VM that I am working in Baystrap, near Austin(I am working in New yORk) for the past 4 years in under seved area. Due to visa retrogression I have to wait another five years for Visa(total fo 13 years wait perios including residency)
So I urged his support for the section of 8001.
Guys please jump in and start calling ..........

I called Sensenbrenners office, but got no response and no option for a voice mail. Called Smith's office and left a message. Called Conyers' office spoke to a guy, he heard all I had to say and said thanks for your thoughts and kept the phone down before I could say thanks!! Kinda rude, I would think- doesnt matter, keep up the pressure.

Bill is in the conference committee

drforgc said:
I called Sensenbrenners office, but got no response and no option for a voice mail. Called Smith's office and left a message. Called Conyers' office spoke to a guy, he heard all I had to say and said thanks for your thoughts and kept the phone down before I could say thanks!! Kinda rude, I would think- doesnt matter, keep up the pressure.

The bill is in the conference committee being debated by Senate and House(Sensenbrenner, Smith and Conyers- see previous posts for their number and give a call) I think the Senate people involved are Arlen Specter, Ted Kennedy and others, the list is already published on this forum, call and fax all these people ASAP.