S. 1932 Status

We should probably draft a letter which talks about EB Retrogression and how it differs from H1-B. Also going to senators office if it is possible to talk to them personally and explain them the difference between h1-b and green card. Talking to the senators secretary over phone and explaining them. Iam frustrated seeing these letters back from senators like that. Iam only thinking of ways to educate them. We should find ways other wise we will be struck here with out a green card for six to seven years more

go to www.isnamerica.org

U can send a FAX to ur senators and cong'men from www.isnamerica.org..
Please join that website and send faxes...

House BIll HR 4241 will be heard in house some time this week...lets send faxes guys...go on!!!

kalimmigration said:
iam sick of seeing letters back from senators about h1-b. Nothing against h1-b. Iam on H1-b too before.No matter what you say in your letter about EB's they send back letter talking about H1-B. I think some body should draft a letter talking about only EB' s and not h1-b and distinguishing with h1-b. Why dont these people understand the difference H1-b's and greencards. God save us

kalimmigration said:
We should probably draft a letter which talks about EB Retrogression and how it differs from H1-B. Also going to senators office if it is possible to talk to them personally and explain them the difference between h1-b and green card. Talking to the senators secretary over phone and explaining them. Iam frustrated seeing these letters back from senators like that. Iam only thinking of ways to educate them. We should find ways other wise we will be struck here with out a green card for six to seven years more

We should MOST IMPORTANTLY highlight the utter failure of the DOL and INS (now USCIS) in processing LCs, I-140s and I-485s in a timely manner. This is very important as we want to show that even though the appopriate quota was available many of us have unluckily not got a green card because of the processing delays. We should not give a wrong signal that we are clamouring for opening the floodgates for immigration. We should also highlight the fact that the dependants being counted against the numerical cap of 140000 does not really make sense as businesses employing use are losing out. The fact that we can productively go about our jobs and lives (tension free) if we are allowed to file a I-485 earlier should also be highlighted.
These three points are the significant issues addressed by bill 1932.

sent faxes

I have sent Web Fax from isnamerica.org to all the listed members. Also sent mail to 10 of my friends to do the same. I will continue to co-ordinate with them to send the faxes.

Guys Please send your faxes as soon as possible.......

Here 's what I got back from Rep.Mark Steven Kirk (IL)

Here is what he wrote back to me:
<<
Thank you for your recent communication regarding nonimmigrant professional specialty visas, known as H-1B visas. I appreciate hearing from you.

The United States is a nation built by immigrants and I am proud of our nation's unparalleled cultural diversity. I welcome the diversity foreign nationals continue to bring to the United States. The H-1B visa program was designed when the United States experienced shortages in key labor sectors. During World War II, we saw a real labor shortages in the machine tool industry that served the needs of our military. The economic prosperity of the 1990s fueled a drive to increase the number of temporary foreign workers to fill critical jobs in the information technology (IT) sector, one of the engines of our nation's economy. We chose to let hi-tech workers temporarily into the country so that the work would not go offshore.

The current law limits H-1B visas to 65,000 annually. I agree that the H-1B visa program is an important tool to ensure that the U.S. can fill key sectors of our workforce. Nevertheless, it is critical that these visa applicants are closely scrutinized by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State to thwart terrorist from entering the U.S. Additionally, to ensure American workers are not disenfranchised, employers must adhere to the rules of this program which are enforced by the Department of Labor. I will continue to closely monitor economic data from the Department of Labor and the Department of Commerce to determine the need for an increase in H-1B visas. If legislation comes before the full House of Representatives, please be assured that I will take full account of your views.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me on this issue. Please feel free to contact me if issues of concern to you come before the Congress or visit my website at http://www.house.gov/kirk. >>

Clearly the text of our letters is not able to tell these law makers what we are asking them to do. They just get that we want to increase the H1 quota. That 's it.
These letters are useless unless we change the wording to clearly distinguish EB retrogression apart from H1.

Please Act...my humble request

Hello everyone,

'Sometimes, a mom doesn't feed until her baby cries.'

We suffered 5/6/7/8 long years and did nothing for ourselves except writing thousand of lines of code for our companies. It is now time to up your voice. Please send fax to your congressmen/senators. www.isnamerica.org. It takes only 5 second to register and send faxes. Please, please act. Time is ticking.

Obviously we need to do something else.

s_chicago said:
Hello everyone,

'Sometimes, a mom doesn't feed until her baby cries.'

We suffered 5/6/7/8 long years and did nothing for ourselves except writing thousand of lines of code for our companies. It is now time to up your voice. Please send fax to your congressmen/senators. www.isnamerica.org. It takes only 5 second to register and send faxes. Please, please act. Time is ticking.

We have seen that just 800 of the 16000+ members of isnamerica.org have faxed. This means our immigrant community needs to be educated first to do their part. Reaching to them through just this thread is not doing what we need for the hour. In fact, we dont even know how many of the total 16000 members are visiting this thread or the isnamerica.org website regularly...

We need to do something else.... Any ideas gurus?

BTW, any idea when is HR4241 scheduled for voting again?

-Ansi.

Advantage

Clearly these people are not understanding the difference between H1B and Retrogression judging from the responses they are sending us. As suggested in another thread this might work for our advantage. The big companies and Industries are lobbying for H1B increase and the EB retrogression is piggybacking the H1 and might just go through. The law makers might think twice if they realise that they are voting to permanently increase the number of green cards (by excluding the spouses)
I think we just have to cross our fingers and do what we are doing ie faxing and talking to the law makers.

spreading the word using Local email groups/listings

In my area, i have sent an email out to our local yahoo group/listing. Hopefully, at least a few people will fax.
so if you are a member of a local email group or community listing, you could spread the word using that medium as well.

Guys,

Just to let you know that there is a Call In session for "Budget Reconciliation Bill" on C-SPAN today starting 12:45pm in another 15 minutes. Michael Castle, U.S. Representative, R-DE will be there to talk the calls. I would urge more and more people to call so that atleast someone amoung us could get through and clearly explain the Retrogression issue.

I think most people who have read this and other threads know what to say. I would also request to please make sure that you mention that this is NOT about H1 increase issue, this is about green card retrogression issue where people will have wait for 4-5 years before being able to apply for adjustment of status even when Labor and I-140 (Petition for Immigrant Worker) has been approved.

Peace.

WaldenPond

He;s on right now, and I am not able to get thru the lines.

But there's no mention of the immigration section thus far

House Started Debating Various Bills

http://www.immigration-law.com
11/15/2005: House Started Debating Various Bills Starting at 2:00 p.m. Est., and Voting Will Start at 6:30 p.m. Est.

House is currently (3.20 p.m.) debating one bill after another bill and has not reached the H.R. 4241. And then for the bills which they completed debate will be voted from 6:30 p.m. tonight. At this time, we are watching very closely whether it will reach H.R. 4241 today and whether any amendments will be presented on the floor. Please stay tuned
lc4gc said:
looks No vote for 1932/4241 today and tomorrow.

http://majoritywhip.house.gov/whippost.asp

really doubt if they can vote it this year? see this week's notice..if nothing done this week, that means we have to wait until Feb 2006....

http://majoritywhip.house.gov/whipnotice.asp

Guyz,

can u pl write updates here, some of us are not able to see cspan cause of the firewall issues in office.

thanks
-p

wass going on?

It says on C-span "Markup of Tax Portion of Budget Reconciliation". But right now Donald Rumsfield is giving a talk abt something.

Any idea whats going on?

nozdam said:
It says on C-span "Markup of Tax Portion of Budget Reconciliation". But right now Donald Rumsfield is giving a talk abt something.

Any idea whats going on?

Break time.. they meet again at 6.30 for votting .. ther is no HR4241 bill today.. Itcould be in next couple of days.

HR 4241 will be taken up for tomorrow

Here is what I found in majoritywhip.gov website for 11/16/2005:
-----------------------
H.R. 4241 - Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Nussle / Budget Committee)

Members are advised that Conference Reports may be brought up at any time

Members are advised that a Saturday session is possible this week
-----------------------