S. 1932 Status

Important thing to remember..

We are all assuming that EB Retro will also pass as part of the bigger baggage..that has a equal prob of exclusions too... so to ensure Congressman/Senators have a Bait, the $ angle needs to be brought in.... we are all assuming it will go thru news reports... NEWSREPORTS are different from ground realities. If I know a journalist, I can also put my version.. it would not carry weight though....- The important thing.. COngress man should see benefit in taking the EB Retro route. Why are they taking up H1 Inc ? BEcause they see $ earnings !!

sattemp said:
This is a politically critical time for Bush [with his lowest ever approval ratings ]. There will be all attempts to get this bill ,otherwise risking a bigger political setback and signs of a weaker leadership.

See the link below..
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1302300

We would just need to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy our weekend.

Lawmakers are not interested in raising additional money through fees for immigration.. We are wasting our energies and lose credibility..They have bigger issues to fight medicaid, food stamps, school funds, etc.

Our message and request for lawmakers at this time should be simply to support the immigration reforms introduced in S1932 during the reconciliation committee meeting.

Only $$$$$ will work

I am in favor of suggesting a fee increase in our letters. Beleive me, Politicians care least about our welfare. We are not vote banks for them. Politicians are politicians no matter where in the world they are.

As Sundar99 said above, we have to word it in a way that sounds that the idea is their's and how it would benefit the economy.

Can somebody draft a quick letter to this effect and we can all fax it over again to the HRs.

there is definitely hope

I think that immigration relief is coming in December. We are making good contribution in contacting the lawmakers. But the huge and actual push is from big tech. companies. In fact, they are the ones responsible for putting those immigration clauses in S. 1932 in the first place.
From our part, we should not lose heart and try to push hard as much as possible.

I have no doubt that each of us is ready to pay much more to get GC. But I do not agree with this $$$ theory. It plays into the hands of our opponents who are saying that the Govt. is selling these visas without any serious need. When talking about money, the actual and serious arguments take a back seat and we do not want that to happen. We have solid arguments and we should concentrate on refining our reasoning/ wording of our letters that we are using to email/fax to lawmakers.

i agree with you imqwer.....we cannot use money to ask for increase in visa number......but we can definitely use money for premium processing....to get gc in a year....and that will keep the system transparent.....so that we dont hang in suspense for 5-6 years.....waiting without any information...

we can also use money for lobbying...to get per country limit removed from EB categories.....but all these are long term battles.....and i have serious doubts about people participating in them....

I agree with sundar99, we should not relax until it is passed ( sorry no offence to sattemp), there should not any halt to our efforts and always money speaks louder than anything else.

sundar99 said:
We are all assuming that EB Retro will also pass as part of the bigger baggage..that has a equal prob of exclusions too... so to ensure Congressman/Senators have a Bait, the $ angle needs to be brought in.... we are all assuming it will go thru news reports... NEWSREPORTS are different from ground realities. If I know a journalist, I can also put my version.. it would not carry weight though....- The important thing.. COngress man should see benefit in taking the EB Retro route. Why are they taking up H1 Inc ? BEcause they see $ earnings !!

Right now if we tell all senators/congressman that we are willing to pay more $$$ for USCIS fees, it not good idea, They'll think otherwise,
insted we can tell them to increase fees for Premium Processing for GC in 1 year and they can increase $$$ for this purpose only.

Hope next week we may get votes to pass this bill.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

can some one draft a letter the need of premium processing for EB green cards and increase the fees for the service, making clear that this is not increase in the number of visas and it is only the fees that they are increasing.

more $$$

Guys,

I dont think we are in any position to "bargain" or "demand" anything from the Govt. Our ONLY hope is to repeatedly REQUEST them to help us out and get sympathy/attention from the senators/congressmen who are pro-immigration. I think asking the Govt for a premium processing kinda GC has repercussions. Next thing u know, ppl in the family based category, suggest the same thing and b4 u know it, just about every category, will demand/request premium processing. I think we shud focuss on the crisis at hand and limit our pleas Strictly to EB3/2/1 reforms. From a couple of replies that ppl have posted on here, it seems like the senators/congressmen seem to be confused between the H1 and the EB crisis.

should be no debate on H-1b or Immigration

There should be no debate on this issue of h-1b issues or over Immigration among anyone or anywhere.

Its common sense, if we keep debating to about keep increasing H-1B issues then this whole transition from foreigner to immigrant becomes a dream.

It will become like a big bubble or a bottle, where there is one way to enter or exit (by returning to h-4/f-1/j-1 or yearly extensions). The system should be set up like the olden days, where you come as an h-1b and get transitioned to immigrant status.

Not just keep on increasing H1-B caps, keep on increasing H-1B fees. By telling (confuzing) the senators/ congressmen is just plain old dumb.

So I vote is to STOP talking about H-1B related stuff and just 100% concentrate & work constructively on Immigration Retrogression issue.

And the way to do this is to inform your senators about the retrogression topic only & I repeat only. DONOT talk to them about H-1B related issues..please.

Go directly to the TOP

Hi guys,

Just a thought here. We wrote to the Senators and saw positive results. We are now writing to house members.

Can't we start writing/faxing our letter DIRECTLY to the President's office?

I mean think abt it, if there are ppl in the Senator's office who are responsive to our pleas, wont there be someone at the President's office too, who will be either equally or even MORE responsive?

We have pleaded with the leaders, now lets plead with THE leader.

:p

The assumption here is "He would understand what we are talking about..."

:confused: ,

Hope his office has atleast someone who can explain (possible).. and he can understand it (possible???)...

Just kidding.. :)

nozdam said:
Hi guys,

Just a thought here. We wrote to the Senators and saw positive results. We are now writing to house members.

Can't we start writing/faxing our letter DIRECTLY to the President's office?

I mean think abt it, if there are ppl in the Senator's office who are responsive to our pleas, wont there be someone at the President's office too, who will be either equally or even MORE responsive?

We have pleaded with the leaders, now lets plead with THE leader.

$500 Fee for Employment-Based Visas

The legislation would impose a fee of $500 on companies filing applications for certain
employment-based immigrant (permanent) visas, including visas for professors, researchers,
persons with advanced degrees, and other professionals. Based on the number of
applications filed in recent years for such visas, CBO estimates that the new fee would apply
to just over 100,000 individuals annually. Thus, we estimate that enacting the legislation
would increase collections by $39 million in fiscal year 2006 and by $53 million annually
thereafter.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/68xx/doc6806/SenJudReco.pdf
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/68xx/doc6818/recon.pdf

Directly to the TOP

See guys my thinking is, lets tell the Main leader's office what's going on. I am QUITE sure, that people in the President's office will understand our plight and may very well respond to our pleas.

Let us keep this appeal seperate from S1932 and HR4241. This will be a seperate plea Alltogether. We have done SO well with Senators and House members, surely if they can understand the problem, the President's office can understand it? If our effort is organized and the letters written, are to the point and focussing SPECIFICALLY on EB reforms and NOT on H1B reforms, i think this approach may work.

I keep hearing that if the House bill is defeated, we are back to square one. (i worry abt it myself everyday). Instead why not start a parallel "education program" cum "plea", directly to the seat of power? Maybe someone there may listen and help out?

Ppl pls comment on this one.

I have al ready done that. There is nothing wrong in doing that. The response that I got from him is that "They have forwarded my letter to Homeland security office. They have more expertise to this kind of issues. Someone from Homeland office will contact you"

You can do that also. If the President office receives more letter may be he will ask someone to look into it ASAP.

Cheers

contacting the big boss

First we should draft a letter leaving behind H-1 visa and concentrating only on EB visa,s. And we should start faxing it again to the president rearding the retrogression of EB visa

Yepp

vattam said:
First we should draft a letter leaving behind H-1 visa and concentrating only on EB visa,s. And we should start faxing it again to the president rearding the retrogression of EB visa

Dil ki baat keh di Vattam :)

isnamerica.org

Its really pathetic to see the number of webfaxes posted from isnamerica.org
its just 800, and the registered members are more than 16000, people who have not done so far please do it.....

iam sick of seeing letters back from senators about h1-b. Nothing against h1-b. Iam on H1-b too before.No matter what you say in your letter about EB's they send back letter talking about H1-B. I think some body should draft a letter talking about only EB' s and not h1-b and distinguishing with h1-b. Why dont these people understand the difference H1-b's and greencards. God save us