S. 1932 Status

THE RETROGRESSION ISSUE IS NOW GARBAGE. House leaders have decided not to bring the budget bill on the floor for the vote.

we should not expect anything good in the visa bulletin unless there is some changes in the law of this land. So, please keep up your efforts in uprising the law makers about visa retrogression and its harmful effects.

I emailed all IL lawmakers. I also faxed them using isnaameric site. On the last page when I submitted it gave me a message that fas has been sent to the following members but it did not list any underneath the message. So, has it gone to the intended lawmakesr or ?

pdakwala said:
THE RETROGRESSION ISSUE IS NOW GARBAGE. House leaders have decided not to bring the budget bill on the floor for the vote.

Is it really the end of the retrogression battle ? What happens to the Senate Bill then ?

Bad news for the time being

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051110/ap_on_go_co/budget_cuts_1

But the things that derailed this bill are
<<cuts to Medicaid, food stamps and student loans>>
and there is no mention of immigration relief. In fact immigration clauses have not yet been added to it. Since this is a major effort by Republicans to cut the spending, my guess is that they will come up again very soon with some compromise within their own party. So no need of losing heart.
In the meanwhile we shloud continue our efforts to contact the members of congress.

Last edited by a moderator:
what happens now?

pdakwala said:

So what does that mean? Does it mean that the house bill goes out of the window?

What happens to the retrogression issue in the Senate bill? Does the bill that was passed in the Senate still go thru or is it all scrapped?

N

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CH IN ME PH
Employment-Based
1st C 01JUL01 01FEB03 C C
2nd C 01FEB01 01JUL00 C C
3rd 15MAR01 01JAN01 01JAN99 01FEB01 15MAR01
Schedule A Workers C C C C C
Other Workers 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00 01OCT00
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employment Areas/Regional Centers C C C C C

Please post the Link..

It is not the end of H.R. 4241.

Roy Blunt's (R) said on the floor that the HR 4241 will be back on floor next week for Vote. The Republicans will have to drop some more items in order to have safe passage of the bill. If the bill passes in the House the Conference commitee will sit in the next week to clear the bill and send it to president for his signature.

Let's again pray that it comes on the floor next week.

why do we need to worry about HR 4241

Why should we worry about HR 4241? Does it have any thing to do with Retrogression relief? All it says is increase the fees for L1 by $1500.
Shouldnt we concentrate on S.1932 instead?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

God Forbid

pdakwala said:
It is not the end of H.R. 4241.

Roy Blunt's (R) said on the floor that the HR 4241 will be back on floor next week for Vote. The Republicans will have to drop some more items in order to have safe passage of the bill. If the bill passes in the House the Conference commitee will sit in the next week to clear the bill and send it to president for his signature.

Let's again pray that it comes on the floor next week.

Hi,

GOD FORBID a million times, what happens if the House is not able to clear the bill?

I mean it seems kinda weird that one house passes one version and the other house just scraps it. Surely there are a LOT more imp issues in the bill that need to be passed, other than our immigration reforms (S1932 i mean).

nozdam said:
Hi,

GOD FORBID a million times, what happens if the House is not able to clear the bill?

I mean it seems kinda weird that one house passes one version and the other house just scraps it. Surely there are a LOT more imp issues in the bill that need to be passed, other than our immigration reforms (S1932 i mean).

Guys:

Relax. It is very rare for the house NOT to pass any kind of budget bill. That would officially shut down the govt. What we are seeing now is political brinkmanship. The President is republican, House has majority of republicans. They will come back with a watered down version and then the democrats will feel victorious / vindicated and pass the bill.

Of course the Senate Bill does not have any meaning untill this is passed eventually. I think this is just a temporary political setback.

Doubt?

I seriously doubt HR4241 will pass in the floor. I watched C-SPAN now. All Democrats and including moderate republicans are not happy with the content of the bill, in the present form, because it cuts medicar, student loan, ect..

Hmm. Keep the fingers crossed till Tuesday.

I140 Fees and category conundrum

:confused: Got my labor cleared on Sep 20' 05. Application states the experince as BS+5. Any idea whether I can apply in EB2 category? I hold a masters degree. If yes, what kind of fees is charged for self and family(spouse+2 kids)?I am currently changing lawyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nokin ,

First of all help us to fax letters to congressman ,here everybody are working hard to raise awarness of this issue to congressmen and you are worrying about your fees ?????????????????????

nokin@hevendoor said:
:confused: Got my labor cleared on Sep 20' 05. Application states the experince as BS+5. Any idea whether I can apply in EB2 category? I hold a masters degree. If yes, what kind of fees is charged for self and family(spouse+2 kids)?I am currently changing lawyers.

Wrong thread to ask the Q but answer is Yes for EB2. Not sure about fees.