S. 1932 Status

Sample letter requesting members of the Congress to introduce an amendment to HR 4241

House is about to mark up full house debate of H.R. 4241, the House version of Budget Omnibus Reconciliation bill. If the member of the House does not introduces the Senate immigration bill as an amendment on the floor, it is obvious that the Senate S. 1932 bill and the House H.R. 4241 will go to conference of the two Houses.

We do not have much time left. Please please send emails, fax letter to your house of representative. Everyone please feel free to use following sample letter. You can use the same letter, or modify it. Whatever you want you can do with this letter but please send an email or fax this letter to your house of representative.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sub: Introduce an Amendment in the House bill# 4241 in line with the S. 1932, Sections 8001 and 8002

Dear Honorable Member of Congress,

American businesses and legal immigrants (Information technology professionals, Health care professionals and others) are facing serious crises: “Lengthy Visa Backlogs Because Of Employment Based Visa Retrogression." The inability of U.S. businesses to hire these talented professionals on a permanent basis severely hinders their competitiveness abroad. The senate has addressed the employment based visa retrogression issue by passing Bill # S. 1932. I request you to introduce and support an amendment in bill # 4241 in line with the S. 1932, Sections 8001 and 8002.

The highly skilled workers who came to United States legally are currently facing lengthy "green card" backlogs. This would prevent them from becoming U.S. permanent residents in the foreseeable future. If nothing is done immediately the nation would loose valuable asset. Not only American businesses will have to outsource the jobs but also the government will loose the revenue that would otherwise be raised by charging the recapturing fees. Mr. Tom Ridge, ex chief of Homeland Security said in April 14, 2003 "As we secure America from terrorists, we do not want to risk losing the next Enrico Fermi or Albert Einstein…We would be a far poorer nation in many, many ways..." These highly skilled people if not allowed to adjust their status will leave this country and would settle either in their home countries or in the competing countries such as United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia. These countries immigration policies have been made more conducive recently to attract highly skilled professionals. Result will be drain of valuable knowledge to other countries.

The Senate has addressed the retrogression problem by passing Bill # S.1932. The bill provides several reliefs to the American companies and legal immigrants such as:
• American businesses will be able to find the right candidate with the right skills in United States.
• Allow those whose labor has been approved to file for Adjustment of status even though the dates are not current.
• Provides flexibility to change their jobs in United States under AC21 law. Currently because of the VISA RETROGRESSION the AC21 law passed by Congress is of no use.
• Spouses and children can take higher education at the American Schools and Universities who will ultimately contribute to American Businesses.

I urge you to please address the employment based visa retrogression issue by introducing an amendment in the House Bill # 4241 in line with the S. 1932 sections 8001 and 8002. The amendment to the House bill HR # 4241 will not only provide the reasonable and workable solution but also number of other following benefits to this great nation.
• Jobs WILL stay in USA: American corporations will have access the larger pool of skilled workers in United States and will no longer have to outsource to other countries.
• Additional revenue for the Government: The government will be able to charge $500 on each recaptured visa number. This will result in additional revenue of $60 million per year.
• Growth of the Nation: Spouses and children can take higher education at the US Schools and Universities thereby contribute to a knowledgeable Society. Also Educated Spouses can start working on EAD's and contribute their share to the Nation's Economy.

We urge you take action at this critical juncture by providing much needed relief to legal immigrants as well as American Companies. We request you to please introduce and support an amendment in bill # 4241 in line with the S. 1932, Sections 8001 and 8002.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR NAME.

• Exemption of All Dependents from the Visa Count

Guys,
Please mention the following point also in the letter, as it is very important one.
• Exemption of All Dependents from the Visa Count

The above exemption would help everybody, as it doubles the visa count.

Please do not delete H1B increase provision

I observe some of you people who are campaining only for GC relief but not for H1B increase.

what about those smart people who are willing to come to USA on H1B and help their families as well themselves.Even if US has to lose some of people due to H1b expiration as long as enough new H1B's there US can always find people immediately.

I know few of neighbours and their families hope their son/daughter well educated and go to USA and the H1B quota was over in a blink.

I am support of increasing H1B quota to at least 150000 and increasing H1B time to 10 years to new and existing H1B's.I suppor heartfully releasing immigration numbers but do not like some people ideas of removing H1B provision.

Same argument can be applied here. If we do not have more H1B's coming, companies can not find skilled people in effect sending the jobs to outsource to india or china.

so please include H1B provision it yours requests to congressman. let senate do it's work they started.They already did good by passing the bill.

If you do not help at least do not spoil.

hey h1bindia,
No offence. Why dont we campaign for unlimited H1-B's and unlimited GC's. Will that make u happy?

We can get the whole world right, by distributing wealth to everybody equally. Shall we also do that?

The long term goal is to cure the system. What is the reason to process 300k H1B and 100k EB green cards? Sure, more people will come and work with H1B and they will wait for GC till the end of their lives.
The only way to calculate H1B number is to infer this number from the EB GC quota.
To put the immigration system to work EB GC backlog should be eliminated first and then H1B number should be increased/decreased.

What’s wrong with isnamerica.org?? Why do they have such a delay with setup of a free web fax?

Does anybody know a free web fax service by email?

U get nothing then !!!

No offense meant, please use common sense here.. when the whole of US sees an outrage in outsourcing and H1 folks are seen as taking away jobs, adding new H1s will be disastrous, you will not get anything here except the wrath of others. Perhaps start a new H1 B Thread and champion their cause, I am sure no GC seeker would support that, considering the avg public sentiments or the senators. Unless MNC are backing the H1 move, we should not seens as folks who are trying to bring H1s. Let us be practical and use some sense in what folks might approve. EB Retro we have a 30 % chance, if we show this iss what we want, and we can say we are not taking out new jobs since folks are not being added.

By the way, to empahsise.. if u do not want to support EB Retro.. Please do not play spoil sport, please stay out and we will fix our issues..we have tons of folks who are affected in EB Visa who need help and support.

h1bindia said:
I observe some of you people who are campaining only for GC relief but not for H1B increase.

what about those smart people who are willing to come to USA on H1B and help their families as well themselves.Even if US has to lose some of people due to H1b expiration as long as enough new H1B's there US can always find people immediately.

I know few of neighbours and their families hope their son/daughter well educated and go to USA and the H1B quota was over in a blink.

I am support of increasing H1B quota to at least 150000 and increasing H1B time to 10 years to new and existing H1B's.I suppor heartfully releasing immigration numbers but do not like some people ideas of removing H1B provision.

Same argument can be applied here. If we do not have more H1B's coming, companies can not find skilled people in effect sending the jobs to outsource to india or china.

so please include H1B provision it yours requests to congressman. let senate do it's work they started.They already did good by passing the bill.

If you do not help at least do not spoil.

As per latest email I received, WebFax service will start working by end of the day today. They are just volunteers, who works full-time like you, and also work on ISN America related stuffs whenever they get chance. So lets appreciate their great efforts!

AxelB said:
What’s wrong with isnamerica.org?? Why do they have such a delay with setup of a free web fax?

Does anybody know a free web fax service by email?

Bait with more $$$

In the above sample letters we need to bait the HRs with more $$$. The line "Additional revenue for the Govt" could be changed as 'The Govt could charge upto $3000 or more per recaptured EB Visa which will fetch an additional revenue of atleast half a billion dollars'. MONEY TALKS and MONEY WORKS.
Also we need to highlight the point that we are asking only for the recapture of EB Visas which were never used and to allow us to apply for I485 while waiting for a visa number.

As Sundar said earlier no offense against h1-b's. I came on f1 and then h1 and now in green card process. We probably might loose if we include h1-b here. They should start a separate thread and champion their cause there.
I guess if we support the EB only we have a chance to win atleast. I would be more than happy if they increase h1-b's but all iam saying is not include in our letters so that we can be safe.

pdakwala said:
House is about to mark up full house debate of H.R. 4241, the House version of Budget Omnibus Reconciliation bill. If the member of the House does not introduces the Senate immigration bill as an amendment on the floor, it is obvious that the Senate S. 1932 bill and the House H.R. 4241 will go to conference of the two Houses.

We do not have much time left. Please please send emails, fax letter to your house of representative. Everyone please feel free to use following sample letter. You can use the same letter, or modify it. Whatever you want you can do with this letter but please send an email or fax this letter to your house of representative.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sub: Introduce an Amendment in the House bill# 4241 in line with the S. 1932, Sections 8001 and 8002

Dear Honorable Member of Congress,

American businesses and legal immigrants (Information technology professionals, Health care professionals and others) are facing serious crises: “Lengthy Visa Backlogs Because Of Employment Based Visa Retrogression." The inability of U.S. businesses to hire these talented professionals on a permanent basis severely hinders their competitiveness abroad. The senate has addressed the employment based visa retrogression issue by passing Bill # S. 1932. I request you to introduce and support an amendment in bill # 4241 in line with the S. 1932, Sections 8001 and 8002.

The highly skilled workers who came to United States legally are currently facing lengthy "green card" backlogs. This would prevent them from becoming U.S. permanent residents in the foreseeable future. If nothing is done immediately the nation would loose valuable asset. Not only American businesses will have to outsource the jobs but also the government will loose the revenue that would otherwise be raised by charging the recapturing fees. Mr. Tom Ridge, ex chief of Homeland Security said in April 14, 2003 "As we secure America from terrorists, we do not want to risk losing the next Enrico Fermi or Albert Einstein…We would be a far poorer nation in many, many ways..." These highly skilled people if not allowed to adjust their status will leave this country and would settle either in their home countries or in the competing countries such as United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia. These countries immigration policies have been made more conducive recently to attract highly skilled professionals. Result will be drain of valuable knowledge to other countries.

The Senate has addressed the retrogression problem by passing Bill # S.1932. The bill provides several reliefs to the American companies and legal immigrants such as:
• American businesses will be able to find the right candidate with the right skills in United States.
• Allow those whose labor has been approved to file for Adjustment of status even though the dates are not current.
• Provides flexibility to change their jobs in United States under AC21 law. Currently because of the VISA RETROGRESSION the AC21 law passed by Congress is of no use.
• Spouses and children can take higher education at the American Schools and Universities who will ultimately contribute to American Businesses.

I urge you to please address the employment based visa retrogression issue by introducing an amendment in the House Bill # 4241 in line with the S. 1932 sections 8001 and 8002. The amendment to the House bill HR # 4241 will not only provide the reasonable and workable solution but also number of other following benefits to this great nation.
• Jobs WILL stay in USA: American corporations will have access the larger pool of skilled workers in United States and will no longer have to outsource to other countries.
• Additional revenue for the Government: The government will be able to charge $500 on each recaptured visa number. This will result in additional revenue of $60 million per year.
• Growth of the Nation: Spouses and children can take higher education at the US Schools and Universities thereby contribute to a knowledgeable Society. Also Educated Spouses can start working on EAD's and contribute their share to the Nation's Economy.

We urge you take action at this critical juncture by providing much needed relief to legal immigrants as well as American Companies. We request you to please introduce and support an amendment in bill # 4241 in line with the S. 1932, Sections 8001 and 8002.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR NAME.
Hi ALL,
If you all are so against H1 cap increase, why are you then asking for the inclusion of the 8002 section in the house bill????
If you read S.1932, you will notice that section 8002 talks abt H1 cap, whereas 8001 talks abt the retrogression/capturing visa numbers issue.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:S.1932:

Pl. correct me if I am wrong!

I also feel that we should eliminate the "spouses can also work" thing out. I firmly believe that they do not care about what the spouses of the immigrants CONTRIBUTE to the economy. What politicians will care abt is that those people who will be eventually able to work will STEAL jobs from americans as well!!!!!!

So, simply focus on their advantages in the letter, and not ours!!!

S.

spgtopper said:
Hi ALL,
If you all are so against H1 cap increase, why are you then asking for the inclusion of the 8002 section in the house bill????
If you read S.1932, you will notice that section 8002 talks abt H1 cap, whereas 8001 talks abt the retrogression/capturing visa numbers issue.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:S.1932:

Pl. correct me if I am wrong!
S.

8001 talks EB visanumbers and H1B. It would have been better if it was separate.
8002 is I think is about L1.

One more thing. I think we are all educated people here and lets be polite to every one who come here as every one has right to express their views. We should not loose focus on what we are here on this thread and thats EB increase.

I think most of us here came on h1-b and no body is against h1-b. we are not asking to remove h1-b increase from the bill. All we are saying is change the terminology of letters so we can ask for eb increase. If they increase h1-B thats good too.

Go To HELL~!~

If they clip it out from final bill, Many competitors out there and waiting for us.
Or it may be a good chance to start a new honorable life.
All my life past with re-starting a new life in a different way, different place.
Damn It! This great country loose as well as the Business and employer who sucks our blood.
Don't wory, at least try to be happy :)
zbd

***spgstopper************I also feel that we should eliminate the "spouses can also work" thing out. I firmly believe that they do not care about what the spouses of the immigrants CONTRIBUTE to the economy. What politicians will care abt is that those people who will be eventually able to work will STEAL jobs from americans as well!!!!!!

S.

even though me and my spouse are independently employed(seperate h1 & gc)...i would like to promote the idea of FAMILY being affected....it appeals to american way of thinking unless they are outright hypocrats....

i do not want to support new h1.....simply because i want to focus on my needs right now........but at the same time......I DO NOT WANT TO OPPOSE NEW H1.........

anyone who wants to support H1...start a new movement.....and best of luck..

ONE PAGE LETTER: EASY TO FAX, EDITED AND REPETITIONS REMOVED (SORRY to those who wrote it):

November 09, 2005

Sub: Requesting amendment in H.R. 4241 to include S. 1932 sections 8001 and 8002

Dear Honorable Congressman Van Hollen,

American businesses and legal immigrants (Information technology professionals, Health care professionals and others) are facing serious crises: “Lengthy Visa Backlogs due to Employment Based Visa retrogression." Immigrant employees cannot change jobs, and U.S. companies cannot hire the right candidates that would have actually been available in the absence of retrogression. The senate has addressed the employment based visa retrogression issue in S. 1932, which aims to reduce U.S. deficits. I am writing to request you to include the S. 1932 sections 8001/8002 as amendments in H.R. 4241; this in effect will generate much larger revenue for the U.S. Govt. and in fact avoid the process of cutting grants/funding for other existing yet useful programs.

Mr. Tom Ridge, ex chief of Homeland Security said in April 14, 2003: "As we secure America from terrorists, we do not want to risk losing the next Enrico Fermi or Albert Einstein…We would be a far poorer nation in many, many ways...."

Highly skilled workers who came to U.S. legally are currently facing lengthy green-card backlogs. If these skilled immigrants are not allowed to adjust their status (which gives them flexibility to change jobs), they will leave and settle in their home countries or in other countries with favorable immigration laws. Other countries will stand to gain from this knowledge asset. U.S. businesses will have to outsource the jobs, and U.S. Govt. will loose the revenue that can be raised by charging high fees for recapturing (sec. 8001 of S.1932) visa numbers.

The Bill S.1932, while creating relief measures, entails following immense advantages:
* Affords flexibility to legal immigrants to change their jobs under AC21 law. Currently due to the retrogression the AC21 law passed by Congress is of no use. Jobs will stay in USA; US corporations will have access to a larger pool of skilled workers in US itself and will no longer have to outsource to other countries.
* Allow those whose labor has been approved to file for adjustment of status even if the dates are not current. This will bring in revenue/485 application fee much earlier.
* By recapturing visa numbers and charging adequate fees for the same, US Govt. will earn tremendous revenues. By excluding dependents from the visa number count, and charging fees for every added dependent, there will be added profit.

On behalf of all other people in a similar situation as myself, I earnestly request you take action at this critical juncture (providing much needed relief to US companies and legal immigrants) by introducing and supporting an amendment in house bill H.R. 4241 that includes the S. 1932 sections 8001 and 8002. This amendment to the HR # 4241 provides a workable solution to truly reduce deficits.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,
NAME

1 pg.document with bullets and italics

PLEASE CHANGE THE NAME OF THE CONGRESSMAN IN THE EARLIER VERSION.

1 pg.document with bullets and italics

techy2468 said:
***spgstopper************I also feel that we should eliminate the "spouses can also work" thing out. I firmly believe that they do not care about what the spouses of the immigrants CONTRIBUTE to the economy. What politicians will care abt is that those people who will be eventually able to work will STEAL jobs from americans as well!!!!!!

S.

even though me and my spouse are independently employed(seperate h1 & gc)...i would like to promote the idea of FAMILY being affected....it appeals to american way of thinking unless they are outright hypocrats....

i do not want to support new h1.....simply because i want to focus on my needs right now........but at the same time......I DO NOT WANT TO OPPOSE NEW H1.........

anyone who wants to support H1...start a new movement.....and best of luck..
Well U r right.

BUT, WHO CARES ABT OUR FAMILIES????
WHATEVER happened to New Orleaners' familes????

Hello Everyone,

Relax and calm down. If we keep discussing on whether we should focus on H-1B or EB retrogression; believe me we will not go anywhere. The senate version has provisions for both H-1B and EB Retrogression. Therefore what we should do is ask senators to support this bill. Also ask House of Representatives to introduce an amendment to the House bill in line with Senate Bill.

For those who wants to recapture the unused H-1B from the past years: you all can send a letter requesting House of representatives to introduce and support an amendment in the house in line with Senate Bill. Please make sure that you mention in your letter that you are not asking for increase in h-1b quota but are in favour of recapturing unused H-1B visas from the past years.

For those who wants to solve EB retrogression problem: you all can send a letter requesting House of representatives to introduce and support an amendment in the House in line with Senate bill and address the retrogression issue. Make sure that you mention that solving EB retrogression problem will stop companies to outsource jobs to other countries.

In either case please, please tell them to introduce amendment to the house version of the bill in line with the Senate bill. Please understand that we do not have much time left. If we are able to convince the House of representative to introduce an amendment then the bill would address everyone who are affected.

By the way following are few tips that I got from the individual who is working at Senator Feinstein's office.

1. Letter should not be more than one page. (People working in Washington are busy and do not have much time to go through long letters)

2. Do not go in details about any particular bill. If you want any senator to support or oppose the bill, tell them the bill number and then write why you think the Senator should support or oppose the bill.

3. Mention the problems that you are facing because of the current situation.

4. Be polite, do not write a letter that would offend anyone.

5. Do not write a letter that is trying to solve other's problem. Instead write a letter where you are talking about yourself, the problems that you have and how Senator can help you. (EG. People who are on H-1B should not ask Senators to recapture the old H-1B numbers. The letters addressing H-1B should come from those who are having problems in getting H-1B visa becasue of unavailability of H-1B's)

Cheers