S. 1932 Status

eager_immi said:
What is wrong with this article!!! There is nothing wrong if someone analyzes the future of India's outsourcing practice.

i can excuse you if you have been out of india since 5 years....and never seen the indian educated population...

the top paragraph is from chain jokes passed around in emails....those are not from real life....

it says india needs 150,000 people every year for call center.....and they cant find them....

people poor in statastics...are excused if they think that it is hard to find 500,000 college eduacated bachelors from big cities with good english...(karnataka alone produces close to 25k engineers per year)...

india is the last place to be facing shortage of skills.......sadly we will also be a place with high unemployment because its almost impossible to grow the economy so much...

compare the GDP of USA with india.....and then compare the population.....you will know why india will always have a surplus manpower...

techy2468 said:
i can excuse you if you have been out of india since 5 years....and never seen the indian educated population...

the top paragraph is from chain jokes passed around in emails....those are not from real life....

it says india needs 150,000 people every year for call center.....and they cant find them....

people poor in statastics...are excused if they think that it is hard to find 500,000 college eduacated bachelors from big cities with good english...(karnataka alone produces close to 25k engineers per year)...

india is the last place to be facing shortage of skills.......sadly we will also be a place with high unemployment because its almost impossible to grow the economy so much...

compare the GDP of USA with india.....and then compare the population.....you will know why india will always have a surplus manpower...
well said techy2468. u r 100% correct.

With the s.1932 out of the picture. I dont see any future bills that will help the eb2 retrogression. All the proposed bills i see are trying to improve the eb3 numbers as nurses/other form a part of that category.

Please let me know if what i have stated is wrong?

Firstly, you are no one to excuse me or not to excuse me. There is something called freedom of speech and I do think the person in the article has a point. I am not trying to mock at the part where they are ridiculing our ability to master the English language. There are a lot of Indians, I know who have impeccable grammar, but if you view some of the billboards in India you know what they mean by bad language skills. My next point is that not every Indian today wants to work at call centers. Indians in India too have realized there are better jobs available to them. BTW since you claim there are so many opportunities, what are you doing here? I hate making arrogant remarks about a simple article. If you have to make any remarks then talk about Lou Dobbs?

Duh!

pd2002March said:
well said techy2468. u r 100% correct.

pd2002March, techy2468, gth999 - You guys saw half glass full

eager_immi - You saw half glass empty

What a big deal? Let's focus on our future. :)

i am glad you liked that article....maybe you are the intended audience...

***BTW since you claim there are so many opportunities, what are you doing here?***

i claimed that there will be no shortage of manpower no matter what.....which is the reason why i am here.....less manpower...more opportunities..

the reason i hate that article is becos.....it lacks a class......its like people magazine or mayapuri......its not a researched article....no one has done any editing to see if the facts are right.....it has entertainment value for outsourcing haters....but it does not represent any fact as they are ....

Well

techy2468 said:
lc_ki_kahani....i wish you could read the article and make comments....

My only comment is to ignore unmeritorious articles which create confusion amongst the masses. Stay well informed and share information with others that create value for everyone. Information should be disseminated carefully. Judge the press articles according to ur education and experience. :)

http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434&page=1&pp=10
Let your friends, families, and co-workers know that these Congressman are not only anti-immigrant, but also in favor of keeping tech workers out of the US, thereby slowing down our economy and shipping jobs overseas.
Aderholt
Akin
Alexander
Bachus
Baker
Barrow
Bass
Bean
Beauprez
Berry
Biggert
Bilirakis
Bishop (UT)
Blackburn
Blunt
Boehlert
Bonilla
Bonner
Bono
Boozman
Boren
Boswell
Boucher
Boustany
Bradley (NH)
Brady (TX)
Brown (SC)
Brown-Waite, Ginny
Burgess
Burton (IN)
Buyer
Calvert
Camp (MI)
Campbell (CA)
Cannon
Cantor
Capito
Carter
Case
Castle
Chabot
Chandler
Chocola
Coble
Conaway
Costello
Cramer
Crenshaw
Cubin
Culberson
Davis (KY)
Davis (TN)
Davis, Tom
Deal (GA)
DeFazio
DeLay
Dent
Doolittle
Drake
Dreier
Duncan
Edwards
Ehlers
Emerson
English (PA)
Everett
Feeney
Ferguson
Fitzpatrick (PA)
Flake
Foley
Forbes
Ford
Fortenberry
Fossella
Foxx
Franks (AZ)
Frelinghuysen
Gallegly
Garrett (NJ)
Gerlach
Gibbons
Gilchrest
Gillmor
Gingrey
Gohmert
Goode
Goodlatte
Gordon
Granger
Graves
Green (WI)
Gutknecht
Hall
Harris
Hart
Hastert
Hayes
Hefley
Hensarling
Herger
Herseth
Higgins
Hoekstra
Holden
Hostettler
Hulshof
Hunter
Inglis (SC)
Issa
Jenkins
Jindal
Johnson (CT)
Johnson (IL)
Johnson, Sam
Jones (NC)
Kanjorski
Keller
Kelly
Kennedy (MN)
King (IA)
King (NY)
Kingston
Kirk
Kline
Knollenberg
Kuhl (NY)
Larsen (WA)
Latham
LaTourette
Lewis (CA)
Lewis (KY)
Linder
Lipinski
LoBiondo
Lucas
Lungren, Daniel E.
Mack
Manzullo
Marchant
Marshall
Matheson
McCaul (TX)
McCotter
McCrery
McHenry
McHugh
McIntyre
McKeon
McMorris
Melancon
Mica
Miller (FL)
Miller (MI)
Miller, Gary
Moore (KS)
Moran (KS)
Murphy
Musgrave
Myrick
Neugebauer
Ney
Northup
Norwood
Nussle
Osborne
Otter
Oxley
Paul
Pence
Peterson (MN)
Peterson (PA)
Petri
Pickering
Pitts
Platts
Poe
Pombo
Pomeroy
Porter
Price (GA)
Pryce (OH)
Putnam
Ramstad
Regula
Rehberg
Reichert
Renzi
Reynolds
Rogers (AL)
Rogers (KY)
Rogers (MI)
Rohrabacher
Ross
Royce
Ryan (WI)
Ryun (KS)
Salazar
Saxton
Schmidt
Schwarz (MI)
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Shadegg
Shaw
Shays
Sherwood
Shimkus
Shuster
Simmons
Simpson
Skelton
Smith (TX)
Sodrel
Stearns
Strickland
Sullivan
Sweeney
Tancredo
Tanner
Taylor (MS)
Taylor (NC)
Terry
Thornberry
Tiahrt
Udall (CO)
Upton
Visclosky
Walden (OR)
Walsh
Wamp
Weldon (FL)
Weldon (PA)
Weller
Westmoreland
Whitfield
Wicker
Wilson (SC)
Wolf

http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450

What you can do about anti-immigrant Congressmen
If you want to do something about the members of the House and Senate who consistently attempt to eliminate this country's legal immigration programs, I suggest the following:

* Educate yourself. Know who these people are.
* Make a point of telling your friends, family, and employer that a particular congressman in their district or their senator(s) are hostile to immigration.
* Do as much of this as possible in writing and cc the member of congress so that they know there are people out there who are trying to take votes away from them because of their immigration record.
* Donate to their election opponents and send evidence of your donation to the anti-immigrant candidate with a note explaining why you oppose them.
* If you get a response which tries to justify the congressman or senator's vote, write back and tell them that you judge them solely on their voting record.
* Get active in the community and do everything in your power to defeat these people. Become a "one issue" voter.
By all means. Also, if you can think of anything to add, please do so. Naturalized citizens register and vote at about twice the rate of native born citizens. Effectively, this means that a naturalized voter is worth two votes. This is one of the reasons congressmen try so hard to help with naturalization applications.

Become a force multiplier and try to persuade as many other voters as possible to oppose these people. If the last two presidential elections taught us anything, it is that every vote counts.
---------------------------------
James R. Gotcher
Attorney at Law
The Gotcher Law Group, PC

techy2468 said:
lc_ki_kahani....i wish you could read the article and make comments....
Guys, I think we are going overboard with this article. To put it in a nutshell, the "Skill" being talked about in the article is the ability to communicate with an average person of the native country (US,UK etc.) in gramatically correct English which can be easily understood. The "skill" goes beyond just "good grammar". It involves speaking slowly & clearly with the appropriate pauses and most importantly listening before speaking. But of course, last but not the least, an American taking calls from the general Indian population would not have the required skills because of the difference in accent, communication style etc. The same goes for an Indian taking calls from the general American population (most of whom have not spoken more than a few words to Indians in their lives). Definitely India has a larger "good quality" english speaking population than China or Phillipines. Power and other infrastructure seem to be more worrisome factors :)

It definitely makes sense for Americans or Europeans to be recruited for these jobs in India citing the shortage of these skills. I think that it is fair game considering that we came here based on the shortage of some skills.

SOMETHING TO PONDER -
If the Indian Railways were to open a national level call center in Bangalore it will face a severe shortage of skills and will have to recruit many people from the North eventhough there are many native Karnataka people who know reasonably good Hindi but are simply not good enough to handle calls from a large percentage of the population which happens to live in the Hindi speaking regions.

H1 visa increasing

Hey guys , anyone knows whether the immigration bill that will be issued on Feb. will include increasing h1 visas or not ?

Thanks for reply

concorde.........i would suggest that you read the article again......

i am not against the issues....but the article is so shallow....its more of a gimmick than journalism......if that is the case...how much credibility can one give to whatever it says......and in-fact....most of the data is inaccurate..

there are many negative articles - focus on the problem

Guys and gals

There are many negative articles about India/ Indian / IT. Many are based on "viewpoints" not facts. Please also be aware, there is a negative media bias towards everything Indian. So, do not get overboard about one article.

If every Indian had English like the one mentioned in the article, we would not have had the Call Center industry at all. But we know that is not true. The fact is many of such stories are "planted" by people eager to create confusions. It's like "If you cannot beat them, confuse them".

And with all the journalism scandals in the US in the past 5 years, I take all newspaper articles with skepticism.

But, let's get on the task ahead - the comprehensive immigration bill

Regards
GCStrat :)

Please focus on the task that is EB Retrogression and not any thing else.
We are all matured educated individuals. Lets focus on the task at hand.
I might meet the senator and house reprentative from my state. I have
sunil joshi's ppt. Guys give me some ideas. Do you guys know of any bills
coming in the new year we need to consider seriously.