S. 1932 Status

come back at six eastern to see the outcome of the proposed bill, until then keep sending faxes and use the phone to let them hear ya.

12/18/2005 (4:45 p.m. EST): House and Senate Schedules Today and S. 1932

The Senate will return to the session at 6:00 p.m. EST. The House has been in session since 1:00 p.m. The activities of the Conference Committee have yet to be disclosed and formalized into a Conference Report.
It appears, however, that the Senate and the House are preparing themselves for the potential conference report being brought to the full floors today. The House leaves open for the today's agenda a potential consideration of Conference Report on H.R. 4241 - Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, the House version of S. 1932.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

continue the good work by calling/faxing the committee members, they senate meets at 6 so we still have time

The final conference committee report is still not submitted. Someone had posted on this board that all the congressman have signed. That is simply not true.

Everyone please keep calling.

Report not yet finalized

I called the House Budget and Judiciary committees and they gave me the run around and it appears that the report is not finalized yet.

If it is not yet finalized by tomorrow then there is hope if we can fight one more day.

stucklabor said:
I called the House Budget and Judiciary committees and they gave me the run around and it appears that the report is not finalized yet.

If it is not yet finalized by tomorrow then there is hope if we can fight one more day.
Noone is picking it up at the Senate Judiciary (202) 224-5225

talked to gentleman at James Sensenbrenner

just spoke to the gentleman at James Sensenbrenner, Jr. at 202-225-5101.
he was polite and seems ti me that he listened to me . he asked what does the section 8000/8001 do . i explained him . and i told to pass the message .
guys please call now. the more the people call the more we will get it added.
please please please call at this number . the gentlmen at the phone is listeneing.The more the calls the more we will be showing our support.

guys hurry up

apart from that i did a bunch of faxes. and send personnel faxes to congressmen and senators.

Might be a good news

Hi all,

This might be a good news, just abel to talk to a human in Dick Durbin's (senator il) office, as per him 8001 of sanate is not droped on the whole a part of it is included in final version, and he is not sure of what is included.

Thanks

Sensenbrenner's office says nothing in known

Sensenbrenner's staffer was very polite and listened carefully to my spiel but he said nothing is known since they are conferencing behind closed doors.

So I really don't know what to do at this point. Called my company's law firm on the off chance that the partner I was talking about might be at work, but she is not.

If this drags on until tomorrow then we have a chance of having our contacts fight at least for filing I485 without current priority dates, which doesn't increase legal immigration.

Just spoke to him

He said the meeting about the S.1932 is still going on and hence no update on it...
I hope this is a turning point.. please continue to send the fax and make calls.
thanks...

Ay yi yi

no-luck said:
Hi all,

This might be a good news, just abel to talk to a human in Dick Durbin's (senator il) office, as per him 8001 of sanate is not droped on the whole a part of it is included in final version, and he is not sure of what is included.

Thanks

If this is an increase in H1Bs or the L1 fees (which the House also passed) someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery. I can only stand so much stress.

Sandeep_N said:
Noone is picking it up at the Senate Judiciary (202) 224-5225

can somebody explain me what does this judiciary do. what do we need to tell them. who are all there in this judiciary.

i want to call but i want to know whta is it and what does it do.