RTD Taken away in LAX - GC Holder

So... I talked to my lawyer about what to do now that I dont have a RTD, since an Immigration officer took it away from me in the LAX airport...

He told me that... even though, many of his clients have renewed their NP and that they may no have any problems at all during citizenship or with their GC... his advice as an experience lawyer is to "take the safe path" which is to get a RP or a RTD...

So I guess... I'll try to get an expedite RTD or RP with my new status... since not only I waited for several months for my confiscated RTD but its was fairly new... I also have plans to travel this year and I need a document to travel...

He told me that... even though, many of his clients have renewed their NP and that they may no have any problems at all during citizenship or with their GC... his advice as an experience lawyer is to "take the safe path" which is to get a RP or a RTD...

That is what a prudent person would do.

So I guess... I'll try to get an expedite RTD or RP with my new status... since not only I waited for several months for my confiscated RTD but its was fairly new... I also have plans to travel this year and I need a document to travel...

They should give you a replacement document without charging you for it as it was seized from you in error. Another forum member was able to do this.

It is a serious federal crime for an American business to bribe a foreign government official. Companies have been heavily fined and company executives have been sent to federal prisons for violating this law. I work in the compliance deparment of a Fortune 100 corporation and I get paid to help make sure that our company does not breach this law.

As for the illegality of bribing a government official for personal purposes I do not have direct knowledge. However it would be logical to believe that it is a crime as well.

At any event telling someme to admit to the USCIS that "you bribed" is perverse and irresponsible.

I certainly wouldn't believe that you are better than my attorney, dude. :) :) :) :)

So... I talked to my lawyer about what to do now that I dont have a RTD, since an Immigration officer took it away from me in the LAX airport...

Oh, God knows, but is there any aslyee who got trouble simply because he/she renewed NP????????? That is stupid. How about this: I know it is ok to drive 45 mph in the interstate highway but to be safe, you should drive only 10 mph. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

lol

Send an application for new one and write a letter and mention that your RTD was confisicated for "right" reasons. It is right reason because your class is different. Also that makes them feel good ;) that they did their job.. Also write that you need RTD or RP asap because you have travel plans. Wait at least a month from receipt notice and you will get it. if not contact your senator.

Thanks Want... I'll do that...
So I guess I should send a new fee right?

Send an application for new one and write a letter and mention that your RTD was confisicated for "right" reasons. It is right reason because your class is different. Also that makes them feel good ;) that they did their job.. Also write that you need RTD or RP asap because you have travel plans. Wait at least a month from receipt notice and you will get it. if not contact your senator.