RTD fees??? is it $305 or $385

RYCeT

Registered Users (C)
Well I have applied a RTD under the old fees schedule before while I was an asylee. I'm holding a green card now and I'm going to have some international travel next year. I'm a bit confused with the new fee schedules

The fee for this application is $305 and may not be waived,
(see NOTE that follows for when this fee may not apply). The
biometric fee is $80 for applicants ages 14 through 79 who
request a Refugee Travel Document or Re-Entry Permit,
unless the applicant resides outside the United States at the
time of filing their form. See 8 CFR 103.2(e)(4)(ii)(A)). The
application fee and biometrics services fee may be paid with
one $385 check. Persons financially unable to pay the
required biometric services fee may submit a fee waiver
request, with supporting documentation, as described in 8
CFR 103.7(c). USCIS will inform you regarding the approval
or denial of your fee waiver request

When I applied for my previous RTD, I don't think they ask me for my fingerprints. Do they require one now? Should I pay $305 or $385?

Another question, what document should I provide to have my application expedite?

Well I have applied a RTD under the old fees schedule before while I was an asylee. I'm holding a green card now and I'm going to have some international travel next year. I'm a bit confused with the new fee schedules

When I applied for my previous RTD, I don't think they ask me for my fingerprints. Do they require one now? Should I pay $305 or $385?

Another question, what document should I provide to have my application expedite?

The fee is $385. They changed the rules to require fingerprints.

To request an expedited document, write a letter and include it with your application. Follow the directions provided in the instructions for the I-131. Also, remember that with a GC, you are eligible for both an RTD and an RP. The RP is (ideally) issued for 2 years.

Thank's for the reply guys, most likely I will apply for reentry permit, it doesn't make sense to me to spend that much money, waiting forever and only get a 1 year RTD.

Hi guys, I forgot to ask another question. If I ask it to be expedite, how long will it take them to process the travel document? My travel will be around february-march 09, I prefer to have my travel document validity start from january 09 and tried to determine when's the best time to send my application to get this date. I read on this forum, travel document processing time is getting much longer than the 3-4 months I previously applied for.

The fee has been increased due to mandatory fingerprinting now. It is $385.

You can write expedite on the envelope. I got mine in 3-4 weeks.

Hi guys, I forgot to ask another question. If I ask it to be expedite, how long will it take them to process the travel document? My travel will be around february-march 09, I prefer to have my travel document validity start from january 09 and tried to determine when's the best time to send my application to get this date. I read on this forum, travel document processing time is getting much longer than the 3-4 months I previously applied for.

If you would like your RTD to be valid from Jan of 2009 and you believe you have a pretty good case of being approved for an expedited document, I would send yours around September/October timeframe.

When you send your expedite request, don't forget to send them two pictures as well. I applied under the old fee schedule in November of last year and am just now trying to expedite my request. I called the 800 number and spoke to an immigration officer to find out what the process should be. She asked me to send the expedite request via FAX to the NSC first with all supporting documentation showing reason for my request. After a month, I got a Request For Evidence asking me to send two passport-style pictures. I could have helped my case along I believe if I had not gotten incorrect information from the IO at the 1800 number and had just sent the expedite request in the mail with the pictures and return envelopes. So learn from my mistake and send the pics as well with your expedite request! So far I have not gotten any requests for any fingerprints...

To request an expedited document, write a letter and include it with your application. Follow the directions provided in the instructions for the I-131. Also, remember that with a GC, you are eligible for both an RTD and an RP. The RP is (ideally) issued for 2 years.

From his/her first post, it looks like the RTD has already been applied for. I'm not sure if USCIS will allow him to "switch" his application from RTD to RP. Also, I'm not sure how to do this but the applicant should double check and make sure that the RTD application is amended somehow to show that he/she is an LPR and not just an Asylee. From other people's previous posts, it seems that that is grounds for an IO to take the RTD away if the document doesn't reflect current status. (i.e. if a green card holder's status still says Asylee in the RTD).

I think the expediting process has changed. Now, the instructions are included with the I131, but before, they were not. You can also send a fax to give them a head's up with the tracking number of your application. If you've already sent your I131 application, you can still fax a letter asking them to change it to an RP, or update your status as an LPR.

that he/she is an LPR and not just an Asylee. From other people's previous posts, it seems that that is grounds for an IO to take the RTD away if the document doesn't reflect current status. (i.e. if a green card holder's status still says Asylee in the RTD).

They will verify anyways to check what class is he. If he wrote "ASYLEE" and he became a "PERMANENT RESIDENT", they will put "PR" and not what he wrote on his application.

The RTDs were taken away when you held a valid RTD with asylee class but then became a PR.

Additional fee for EXPEDITE?

Guys. Is there any additional fee, aside from the USD 385, for Expedite?

Thanks in advance